Do you prefer people or animals?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mintymint said:
I don't want scoop your poop while it's piping hot.

Lol that's the beauty of living in Kansas, my friend...my dogs can honeysuckle anywhere they choose and I don't have to pick it up. :D

----Steve

Hadrurus said:
Look at animals who help people, like dogs and dolphins. What do they get in return?......... not a goddamn thing :(

I can't speak for dolphins but what exactly do dogs want or need that we don't give them? I don't really see dogs as subservient to humans either. We provide them with what they want and need to be happy, and do the same in return.

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
sure if you've got a broken leg after barely surviving an avalanche in the French alps, no siamese is coming with a little barrel of port to keep you warm.

that's what's so cool about cats.. they'll leave you do die.. bless em' :p

I love the image of a Siamese with a little barrel of port. heh

cheaptrickfan said:
PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
sure if you've got a broken leg after barely surviving an avalanche in the French alps, no siamese is coming with a little barrel of port to keep you warm.

that's what's so cool about cats.. they'll leave you do die.. bless em' :p

I love the image of a Siamese with a little barrel of port. heh

yeah, i can just imagine it carrying it up the hill and very quickly deciding its just too much hassle, sitting down and cracking it open..

cheers!

Talus said:
Hadrurus said:
Look at animals who help people, like dogs and dolphins. What do they get in return?......... not a goddamn thing :(

I can't speak for dolphins but what exactly do dogs want or need that we don't give them? I don't really see dogs as subservient to humans either. We provide them with what they want and need to be happy, and do the same in return.

I say that for dogs too because they blindly help humans, even when their owners are abusive. This applies to situations where a cat or abuse child would have run away at some point. I kind of see them as servants to us because domestic dogs were selectively bred to retain infant (or puppy) characteristics in order to be able to train them (adult wolves don't bark or play, only the pups do).

So it does benefit them if they have a good home. But really, they're at the mercy of humans whether the owners are responsible or neglectful. Such an arrangement would not be possible with other creatures that retain their more natural instincts, not even our closest animal relatives. It's just my perspective anyway.

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
yeah, i can just imagine it carrying it up the hill and very quickly deciding its just too much hassle, sitting down and cracking it open..

... or just curl up and take a nap in a sunny spot.

cheaptrickfan said:
PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:

that one i can understand, sunshine can be like a sledgehammer on me too.

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
cheaptrickfan said:
PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:

that one i can understand, sunshine can be like a sledgehammer on me too.

It was actually sunny today. I'd forgotten how much sunshine can dispel the ordinary blues. For the first time in months, it appears that there is no chance of snow on the horizon for the next few days. That's a friggin' miracle.

enjoy :)

where i live there is nothing BUT sunshine pretty much all the time.. kinda makes me feel like i should be out there doing something. spending days indoors when the weather is screaming, 'PICNIC! NOW!you pale cave dweller!' can almost make me feel guilty blowing all these perfect days off.

children and animals...;))... I guess that puts people first.

Depends on the being. I like a couple people more then any animal, but there are some animals I can't stand. lol, but mainly just Snakes and Spiders... But I like animals more than most people.
Cats are great. Cats are drawn to the lonely.

The Wonderful Sin said:
Cats are great. Cats are drawn to the lonely.

... and anyone who is sitting there with an open book. My cat can ignore me all day long but the minute I sit down to read, he's right there, on top of my book.

I get a kick out of that.

Like right now, he's sitting on my mouse pad trying to be all nonchalant.

cheaptrickfan said:
Like right now, he's sitting on my mouse pad trying to be all nonchalant.

lol

they are the masters of nonchalant :p

no matter what they are up to that may be seem irritating they can just look at you like it's all all in YOUR head.. "what's your problem? get over it monkey-boy"..

love em'

Latest posts

Back