does good looks really matter in making friends and finding love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being the 'funny guy with an ugly face' i think it is wrong to be all for looks, think of them as an added bonus, i've had a girlfriend recently (she was a bit of an ass though) and have some pretty close friends thus proving the uneccesariness of good looks unless that is all someone has then all i can say is i am sad for them.

Callie said:
unlucky in life said:
nerdygirl said:
unlucky in life said:
because i am ugly looking i get bad treatment from males just like ugly duckling

Yes. THAT is the problem.

why do you think that ?they treated me badly because how i look .

I believe she means that YOU think you're ugly....

*cough* Sure, let's go with that.

the-alchemist said:
Good looks get you attention and interest, but it is personality that wins the heart.

Very well spoken.

Unfortunately or otherwise, we essentially are looking for good looks AND good personality. To an extent, we're willing to compromise more of one for the other and vice versa. In the long run, beauty fades but personality lasts.

Unlucky seems to have issues in both her personality and her looks, though.

guys still like good looking and slim women.i try to get guys to like me they don't no matter what i do i feel i am wasting on time on it
after 18 years of trying i still get rejected by ice cold way .the same guys rejected all find women after 2 or 3 weeks later

I like good-looking and slim women, too. But it only makes me talk to them, not keep them in my life. And I know plenty of girls who're not perfectly slim or good-looking, that I keep in my life or have loved because they were interesting in other ways.

But maybe the guys like me not quite in the league of guys you want to draw :p

I mean, I distinctly remember talking to a girl who I thought was really rather pretty and mentioned something about books. Being a writer, I rather am fond of books and what does she say?

"Reading is for nerds."

I quickly excused myself before I lost any more IQ points for being around that little intellectual sinkhole. Looks generate initial interest, but that's all. You still need a compatible personality behind it.

Then there's another girl who's a dear friend of mine who I've often thought we could be great as a couple, too, if it somehow happened. She's nowhere close to being a model - she's a little bit 'heavy'(according to herself) with rounded cheeks, though I think she's slim enough in all the places that matter. Yet I can easily find a lot of pretty things about her face and body, and its made hell of a lot easier by the fact that we can talk for hours on common topics and share similar interests.

there is no deny that everyone prefer to be around people who they consider as good looking. But like most people mentioned in this thread, it's not the be all and end all. 99% of people in this world are average look, but they look beautiful to the people who love them. It's all subjective. Sure there is a minority who are not so good looking by all standard, but again, it can be made up (at least partially ) with confidence, having a good career, personality....etc.

You made many threads based on your own perceived bad looks, what about you post a photo of yourself and let us be the judge?

IgnoredOne said:
I like good-looking and slim women, too. But it only makes me talk to them, not keep them in my life. And I know plenty of girls who're not perfectly slim or good-looking, that I keep in my life or have loved because they were interesting in other ways.

I mean, I distinctly remember talking to a girl who I thought was really rather pretty and mentioned something about books. Being a writer, I rather am fond of books and what does she say?

"Reading is for nerds."

I quickly excused myself before I lost any more IQ points for being around that little intellectual sinkhole. Looks generate initial interest, but that's all. You still need a compatible personality behind it.

Then there's another girl who's a dear friend of mine who I've often thought we could be great as a couple, too, if it somehow happened. She's nowhere close to being a model - she's a little bit 'heavy'(according to herself) with rounded cheeks, though I think she's slim enough in all the places that matter. Yet I can easily find a lot of pretty things about her face and body, and its made hell of a lot easier by the fact that we can talk for hours on common topics and share similar interests.

I think what you're really saying is you want a slim/model girl PLUS a great personality. What difference does it make? So now you want a PERFECT girl..yawn...

beans said:
I think what you're really saying is you want a slim/model girl PLUS a great personality. What difference does it make? So now you want a PERFECT girl..yawn...

I think you missed the paragraph where I mentioned that I'd really enjoy being with C, including if as a couple, even though she's not a 'model' girl. I also think there's quite a distance between what men find as attractively slim and what some girls judge as slim - women judge far harsher on themselves.

like the guy i know has no interested in female personality just how good looks to him and he pick the best looking female in the room ignore the plain looking girls who are slim
if she is not good looking and slim and if he doesn't like looks of her .
he won't even acknowledged her existence he treated her badly call her names tell her
he doesn't want any thing do with her because she didn't suit him as a girlfriend prospect 1st and friend 2nd

how that for thinking .

he nice to good looking girls he likes and rotten to girls who don't suit him as girlfriend prospect how that for nice guy

beans said:
IgnoredOne said:

"Reading is for nerds."

beans mate i am female ! not male

I am not good looking. Being gay I can tell you that gay guys wont talk to you at all you are ugly. I had a profile on a gay dating site for over 2 years and never received a single message. The first time I tried to message someone I got the reply "fresia off, I don't do ugly".

If your ugly you have to compensate by having a loud personality an or arrogance.over confidence.

People are ridiculously shallow these days. I stand my my claim that they were not always so. The internet and reality TV have to be the major causes.

Things wont get better. People will get more shallow, greed will increase, people will carry on in their self obsession. Meanwhile the planet is dying. At any 1 time bugs and viruses are only 1 mutation away from wiping everyone out you know. A nearby supernova could blow the atmosphere off the earth any moment, we can not see comets and asteroids coming from the direction of the sun, earth is overdue a massive wallop, and as for the upcoming pole shift and super magnetic storm from the sun who knows what they are going to do.

People will just sit here being shallow and superficial until it is too late. People would rather be on their own not really living life to the half let alone to the full than get with someone and make the most of life.

Yep we live in a shallow world. If u are not tall, good looking have a nice body then you are treated like you are not there. Even at shops you can see the difference given to a good looking person compared to a fugly such as myself.

like the guy i know has no interested in female personality just how good looks to him and he pick the best looking female in the room ignore the plain looking girls who are slim
if she is not good looking and slim and if he doesn't like looks of her .
he won't even acknowledged her existence he treated her badly call her names tell her
he doesn't want any thing do with her because she didn't suit him as a girlfriend prospect 1st and friend 2nd

how that for thinking .

he nice to good looking girls he likes and rotten to girls who don't suit him as girlfriend prospect how that for nice guy
its just treatment of some guys give me because i am not gorgeous looking and feel sorry for me because i am ugly looking like the density said i look awful fixed some teeth but i have to still pay for it

but i am also fat and big boned.i know other girls are more attractive genetics looking they have better bone structure and better body shape and fitter how can the likes of me comptete better class female who has all the right but i am getting left behind of my poor genetic structure left back the start i got unlucky with my poor gentic
i always be gorgeous looking and slim like normal female not hulk i am i have being compared to hulk at school

beans said:
unlucky in life said:
does good looks really matter in making friend and finding love.
what i was always told it was personality some how it isn't personality's its good looks that get you places.i am know of good looking people they lots of things they take of for granted finding love every 2nd week no matter where they go they just step in night guys are already making themselves knowing to them asking them to dance and being kissed.invited to parties every weekend,treated like gold. they only nice when it suits them if you good looking like themselves they,ll be nice or if they like you if you not to there taste they don't want to know you or have any thing to do with you

but being opposite side of the coin its very difficult 1/10 of that
i never got invited to parties or weekends out,or asked out i don't know even know how to kiss i have broken teeth. males treated me rottenly calling me names and verbal abusing me and insulting me,attacked, physical abused my mother said they do it because i am ugly looking and fat they treated me way this aggressively fashion which is unfair

because i am ugly looking i get bad treatment from males just like ugly duckling

Yes, what you said in the above is all true and its true. Sadly, guys are nothing but species that have no brain and heart. They only want beautiful girls. Even you have experienced it yourself. However, I encourage you to 'ignore' such people. I'm sure there is a needle in the haystack where a guy is not 'into' JUST hot girls. I know its hard, but its possible. How old are you? And what your mother said is not very nice...please don't believe it. To me, you're not an ugly duckling no matter how you look. It's the media and the nastiness of people out there. Please don't get sucked into their brainwashing.

I must be different then because I go for a woman's personality. An 'ugly woman' is one with an ugly personality.

i don't know what to do.i just can't compete with all those good looking and slim females.
guys are such sharks now a days they want impossible made possible

So here's a thought... it seems to me that YOU are so very concerned with looks as you seem to only want good looking guys that "hate you cuz of how you look" ....
That's being kind of hypocritical, isn't it?

BTW, it's not a **** competition. You have people telling you that it ain't all about looks, yet you can't seem to see those people, you only want to hear from people who are going to agree with you. It's YOU that's all concerned about looks here.

And one more thing... some guys LIKE heavier girls, some guys don't like skinny super model girls.
If you want my opinion (and since I'm gonna say it anyway, it doesn't matter if you do or not) you need to work on your PERSONALITY and stop worrying so much about appearances.

unlucky in life said:
i don't know what to do.i just can't compete with all those good looking and slim females.
guys are such sharks now a days they want impossible made possible

are the guys you like really good looking? are they fit? if they are, well I guess they would naturally go for fit girls. Maybe you can try to get fitter too? It's not that hard. It just takes time, patience, discipline and some support.

are the guys you like really good looking? only one. all rest are plainer looking.i still like find a guy i like but i can't all i meet guy treated me badly rejected me all the time.that why i am wondering are good looks very important i know i am nothing to look at .

blokes tell rather any other female in world but me that all of them.they all found some one but me.its always me that suffers not them

Latest posts

Back