does good looks really matter in making friends and finding love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ak5 said:
I have to agree to this. It takes a ton of willpower. I myself spent months wallowing in self-pity before actual deciding to lose weight. The only reason why I did is because I wanted friends and wanted to attract the girls :p

You know what, whatever motivates someone to make what is ultimately a positive change in his/her life, hey, I'm not going to quibble. :p

God knows I am partially motivated at the thought of my upcoming 25th high school reunion (HOLY honeysuckle), and frankly, I do not want to be the fattest fat-ass there, ESPECIALLY if I am going to be going there dateless. ARGH!

And then of course there are all the other reasons: be healthy set a good example for my kids, stave off Type II diabetes, not die etc

But really, I am thinking ahead to the reunion and how goddamn fabulous I want to look. hah

Spite can be a good motivator. :p

grainofrice24 said:
People like to say that personality matters most, and while it does matter...what gets noticed first is always looks. But 'looks' doesn't mean you look like the chicks in the magazines etc. It's having confidence in your appearance and looking comfortable in your own skin that is attractive. Some people confuse the 6 pack abs and huge tits for attractiveness, but I think that's missing the point.

Best advice i heard: Try to look your best, put a little effort into your appearance and you'll feel a little better about what you see in the mirror...and THAT is attractive.

Now that IS good advice :)

unlucky in life said:
i though this was my problem

You don't listen to anyone, so is it so shocking that people start talking about other issues? Listen, and maybe people would care again.

unlucky in life said:
VanillaCreme said:
Unlucky, I have a feeling that you really think bigger girls are so ugly that they can't get girls. And I'll tell you this, I don't appreciate that. Your attitude is foul, and if you were to honestly see how you act, it's no wonder guys - or people - in general don't like you. If I didn't think you are a troll now, I'd put more thought and effort into this post. But, as a bigger girl, I don't appreciate you saying that. Speak for yourself, because I have someone special.

girl you hate me i don't really care.you don't even know me.sounds like you spiteful with sword to bare and using me as body count.
i have been though stuff you know nothing about that how i am the way i am.so you like or not that is your own business
i am asking advice for help not to be cut up by you or any one else here. i am speaking from own experiences dealing with males who side with all the people who hate if you like.

i am asking male advice not female advice

you american i am irish i am from smaller country of 4 million in my entire country so you no wondering you can find some one let see if you can do the same thing in Ireland i doubt it. you have bigger population to choose i don't .

And also, your attitude is a horrid one. Do you honestly wonder why guys tend not to like you? But keep it up. You seem to love being miserable.

I won't be replying to you anymore, and I hope other people don't bother feeding your trollish ways either. But that's up to them.

may be you should about my problelms i had beside passing judgement on me. further back.

so here info why i am this way.may be u might understand better

i try to lose weight but i can't i went to doctor they said nothing wrong.
i can't move to another country i have no money .there is no jobs,
i have no social life as a child. only reason why i mad Argentina guy because he insulted me for tying to be friend he verbal attacked all because i said i like him as friend he told me he hated me, called me old and cougar things i didn't deserve.he said awful there so awful i was so up set i went counsellor what he said was soul destroying to me the counsellor agreed he was horrible nasty guy.i am have touch of dyslexia
guys attacked at school and called me names i have no friends i live in rural town.

all i ever wanted in life was boyfriend that's all i ever wanted for others it so easy because guys do to me is hurt me treated me badly i have low chronic low self esteem i failed exams at school and collage.i no social life people are horrible to me males in particular

How did you try to lose weight? Any more details beyond wishing for it? Did you exercise, eat healthier, etc?

It takes discipline, but is very worht it.

unlucky in life said:
may be you should about my problelms i had beside passing judgement on me. further back.

so here info why i am this way.may be u might understand better

i try to lose weight but i can't i went to doctor they said nothing wrong.
i can't move to another country i have no money .there is no jobs,
i have no social life as a child. only reason why i mad Argentina guy because he insulted me for tying to be friend he verbal attacked all because i said i like him as friend he told me he hated me, called me old and cougar things i didn't deserve.he said awful there so awful i was so up set i went counsellor what he said was soul destroying to me the counsellor agreed he was horrible nasty guy.i am have touch of dyslexia
guys attacked at school and called me names i have no friends i live in rural town.

all i ever wanted in life was boyfriend that's all i ever wanted for others it so easy because guys do to me is hurt me treated me badly i have low chronic low self esteem i failed exams at school and collage.i no social life people are horrible to me males in particular

IgnoredOne said:
How did you try to lose weight? Any more details beyond wishing for it? Did you exercise, eat healthier, etc?

It takes discipline, but is very worht it.

Deja ******* vu, anyone?
Thank you for proving that you don't listen to anything anyone says unless it's along YOUR line of thinking. :rolleyes:

The first thing you need to try to improve is your attitude...you have a victim mentality and each one of your threads have had MANY replies (more responses than most people's threads here) filled with advice but you simply ignore it and complain how this and that is holding you back from putting forth any effort into yourself or your life.

Honestly...if you are not going to make any effort at all...I think you might as well just learn to accept things as they are and not complain. :/

unlucky in life said:

i tryed really really hard not to say anything anymore but..but...
what the H@ll...
THAT up there...
what you said right there is your bigest problem.

no idea what you look like.
but im really starting to get why people dont like you.
are you really that selfish ??

paulo said:
unlucky in life said:

what the H@ll...
THAT up there...

Unlucky, observe the above. Someone who is a confirmed and proudly autistic is demonstrating significantly better social observational skills than you are :p

IgnoredOne said:
paulo said:
unlucky in life said:

what the H@ll...
THAT up there...

Unlucky, observe the above. Someone who is a confirmed and proudly autistic is demonstrating significantly better social observational skills than you are :p

hahaha..
thank you thank you.
yeee me :D

thanks very much for advice now leave me alone.never read what happened yee rather cut me just do keep cutting me that's all yee good for. will people like yee it no wonder yee here

unlucky in life said:
thanks very much for advice now leave me alone.never read what happened yee rather cut me just do keep cutting me that's all yee good for. will people like yee it no wonder yee here

Its 'you', not 'yee', btw. This is not facebook and stop using facebook slang everywhere. You're not a teenager and stop behaving like one if you want to be respected, and yes, loved.

IgnoredOne said:
unlucky in life said:

Its 'you', not 'yee', btw. This is not facebook and stop using facebook slang everywhere. You're not a teenager and stop behaving like one if you want to be respected, and yes, loved.

sorry yee what we use in own country sorry for you troubles

You never answered what was the diet you were trying - that is something we could have offered concrete, and constructive advice on.

IgnoredOne said:
You never answered what was the diet you were trying - that is something we could have offered concrete, and constructive advice on.

i am not diet diet don't work so i incorporates health eating plan fruit and veg and sauna suit some walking in the morning trying to eat smaller potions which i very hard.i am doing very tiny bit at time to get used to it and see if i can get in to habit of eating smaller instead of larger.

That's very good! Do you keep a food or calorie diary? That helped me a great deal when I got started, as it gave me exact measurements.

I'm glad that you're putting progress in yourself. Just that effort, honestly, will give you confidence and that confidence can be attractive by itself.

unlucky in life said:

i read every thing you wrote and im not trying to cut you.
im just hoping you wil understand that your attitude and the way you act and talk to people might have a lot to do with why people might not like talking to you.

no one here is trying to hurt you and pretty much everyone is trying to help you.
even what i said was not ment to hurt you.
just to make you think about what you said and how that made the person you were talking to feel.
thats not a good way to make a friend.

Latest posts

Back