does good looks really matter in making friends and finding love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unlucky in life, unless you are really extremely hideous looking (which I think would account for less than 0.0001% of the total world population), I am sure you will find someone who likes you for who you are.

How do we know if someone is good-looking? Our brain tells us so. It simultaneously computes their personalities, traits, height, weight, clothes, hair, etc. There are a TON of factors in knowing if someone is good-looking or not.

1. Is the person outgoing? (Social factor)

2. Is the person standind upright or slanted? (Confident or not?)

3. Is the person happy being themselves? (Self-Esteem)

4. Does the person dress good? (Contemporary clothing).

5. Is the person "healthy?" (Weight)

Etc, etc, etc.

Everything plays a role in deciding if someone is good-looking or not, it very much depends on the type of person as well.

Ak5 speaks truth. Its amazing how attractive I've found some women who, in retrospect, were not so much to look at. Confidence does count for a great deal.

Unlucky, I have a feeling that you really think bigger girls are so ugly that they can't get guys. And I'll tell you this, I don't appreciate that. Your attitude is foul, and if you were to honestly see how you act, it's no wonder guys - or people - in general don't like you. If I didn't think you are a troll now, I'd put more thought and effort into this post. But, as a bigger girl, I don't appreciate you saying that. Speak for yourself, because I have someone special.

VanillaCreme said:
Unlucky, I have a feeling that you really think bigger girls are so ugly that they can't get girls. And I'll tell you this, I don't appreciate that. Your attitude is foul, and if you were to honestly see how you act, it's no wonder guys - or people - in general don't like you. If I didn't think you are a troll now, I'd put more thought and effort into this post. But, as a bigger girl, I don't appreciate you saying that. Speak for yourself, because I have someone special.

girl you hate me i don't really care.you don't even know me.sounds like you spiteful with sword to bare and using me as body count.
i have been though stuff you know nothing about that how i am the way i am.so you like or not that is your own business
i am asking advice for help not to be cut up by you or any one else here. i am speaking from own experiences dealing with males who side with all the people who hate if you like.

i am asking male advice not female advice

you american i am irish i am from smaller country of 4 million in my entire country so you no wondering you can find some one let see if you can do the same thing in Ireland i doubt it. you have bigger population to choose i don't .

unlucky in life said:
VanillaCreme said:
Unlucky, I have a feeling that you really think bigger girls are so ugly that they can't get girls. And I'll tell you this, I don't appreciate that. Your attitude is foul, and if you were to honestly see how you act, it's no wonder guys - or people - in general don't like you. If I didn't think you are a troll now, I'd put more thought and effort into this post. But, as a bigger girl, I don't appreciate you saying that. Speak for yourself, because I have someone special.

girl you hate me i don't really care.you don't even know me.sounds like you spiteful with sword to bare and using me as body count.
i have been though stuff you know nothing about that how i am the way i am.so you like or not that is your own business
i am asking advice for help not to be cut up by you or any one else here. i am speaking from own experiences dealing with males who side with all the people who hate if you like.

you american i am irish i am from smaller country of 4 million in my entire country so you no wondering you can find some one let see if you can do the same thing in Ireland i doubt it. you have bigger population to choose i don't .

The only "advice" you want is the advice that goes along with your way of thinking. Considering that I'm tall and thin and supposedly good looking, why exactly did my husband choose an ugly heavy girl over me if what you are saying is true?
Stop ******* making excuses about this and that and DO something to change YOURSELF instead of trying to make everyone else think the same way YOU want to think. Ain't no one stopping you from being happy but yourself. Don't pin this on others, don't pin this on guys you stalk, pin it on YOURSELF! It ain't your **** looks, it's your PERSONALITY that sends people running from you

unlucky in life said:

You've heard what we have said and chosen to ignore it, too. And you are not attached by the hip to the country you are born in.

i thought i was going to get help here but i am not all i am getting hostile comments towards me.
none are yee are nice none of yee.yee complain about me .

some of yee help rest just hate me.guess what feeling mature

Oh for fresia's sake, just because YOU don't listen to anything but what YOU want to hear, doesn't mean we ******* hate you. Holy honeysuckle, I'm sick to death of people thinking they know what we are saying. You are deliberating misinterpreting what we say to make YOU feel like the victim. How many threads to you have on this forum about the guy on facebook that you are stalking???? That doesn't show you that maybe you have a problem with your personality? Hell, you can't even be your **** self with people, so why should they take their time to get to know you when you just lie to them?

i am not liar why i am here not happy with great life if i am lying can you see me if i am lying.
i am as bad as i say i am.i found this site thought people would understand me but no one does .
when i was 6 years old i was landed with psychlogist because i would not talk in class because i was shy and quiet
suffer from being bulled ,attacked,insulted, threatened ,physical abuse and verbal abuse.
i never had fried to play with as child i never even played with toys as a child so yeah i am bit weird

unlucky in life said:
i am not liar why i am here not happy with great life if i am lying can you see me if i am lying.
i am as bad as i say i am.i found this site thought people would understand me but no one does .
when i was 6 years old i was landed with psychlogist because i would not talk in class because i was shy and quiet
suffer from being bulled ,attacked,insulted, threatened ,physical abuse and verbal abuse.
i never had fried to play with as child i never even played with toys as a child so yeah i am bit weird

So posting a picture on facebook of someone else and pretending it's you isn't lying?
If you want advice, we have been TRYING to give it to you, but you don't listen, you only hear what you want to hear. And for that matter, you just keep repeating yourself over and over again. One thread is enough, just listen to what we are saying to you. It may not be what you want to hear, but it's what you need to hear. And you'll notice in every thread, people don't get irritated until you go on and on and don't bother to listen.

unlucky in life said:

Why don't you respond to our positive suggestions on what you can do(lose weight, go to another country, etc)? Do you have a comprehension issue? You mentioned dyslexia.

IgnoredOne said:
unlucky in life said:

Why don't you respond to our positive suggestions on what you can do(lose weight, go to another country, etc)? Do you have a comprehension issue? You mentioned dyslexia.

i try to lose weight but i can't i went to doctor they said nothing wrong.
i can't move to another country i have no money .there is no jobs,
i have no social life as a child. only reason why i mad Argentina guy because he insulted me for tying to be friend he verbal attacked all because i said i like him as friend he told me he hated me, called me old and cougar things i didn't deserve.he said awful there so awful i was so up set i went counsellor what he said was soul destroying to me the counsellor agreed he was horrible nasty guy.i am have touch of dyslexia
guys attacked at school and called me names i have no friends i live in rural town.

all i ever wanted in life was boyfriend that's all i ever wanted for others it so easy because guys do to me is hurt me treated me badly i have low chronic low self esteem i failed exams at school and collage.i no social life people are horrible to me males in particular

I'm glad that you're seeing a counselor now and glad that you're answering our posts.

What is your weight and how did you try to diet? Losing weight is a serious commitment, and I'm glad that you're trying.

You made HOW MANY profiles using another picture and name to fool him? How does that make HIM at fault here? You STILL aren't listening and you are STILL making excuses. If you want your life to be better, you have to DO something, not just ***** and whine about everything negative.
And yeah, losing weight is hard, but that doesn't mean you can't ******* do it. STICK TO IT and if you have to, FORCE yourself to get started. Get an exercise routine and eat healthy and you can do it.

THIS THREAD IS GOING DOWN ON THE THE INSANE PATHWAY, LIKE ALL OF YOUR OTHER THREADS

unlucky in life said:

There were so many issues in your post, but I wanted to address this one.

Listen very carefully: You CAN lose weight.

I am 42 years old and have had several pregnancies which both have had a severe effect on slowing down my metabolism; I've fought depression, eating-disorder issues, emotional-eating issues, blah blah blah.

BUT, I decided recently that I had hit my Rock Bottom for weight even though it's not as bad as it once was, still... I'd had enough.

You know what I've done? I started the South Beach diet again, because I know it works for me. It's been 2 weeks and I have lost 11-1/2 lb. So if some old broad with a pathetic metabolism like me can do it, YOU certainly can.

Here's the tough part: It takes determination. It takes will power.

But by God, it works, and let me tell you, any feeling of deprivation (because it is a low-carb regimen) quickly evaporates when you see the pounds melt away.

You need to take some sort of control. It's hard when you feel as though every arena of your life is beyond your control, so what might help is if you tackle them one at a time. Believe it or not, weight can be the easiest to start with because if you're dedicated to it, you can see results quickly.

Now, nothing I've (or anyone else) said is going to help if you just want to sit there in a vat of self-pity and wallow and feel sorry for yourself.

You have to want to change in order for it to happen.

Good luck. and for God's sake DO something proactive.

tangerinedream said:
unlucky in life said:

There were so many issues in your post, but I wanted to address this one.

Listen very carefully: You CAN lose weight.

I am 42 years old and have had several pregnancies which both have had a severe effect on slowing down my metabolism; I've fought depression, eating-disorder issues, emotional-eating issues, blah blah blah.

BUT, I decided recently that I had hit my Rock Bottom for weight even though it's not as bad as it once was, still... I'd had enough.

You know what I've done? I started the South Beach diet again, because I know it works for me. It's been 2 weeks and I have lost 11-1/2 lb. So if some old broad with a pathetic metabolism like me can do it, YOU certainly can.

Here's the tough part: It takes determination. It takes will power.

But by God, it works, and let me tell you, any feeling of deprivation (because it is a low-carb regimen) quickly evaporates when you see the pounds melt away.

You need to take some sort of control. It's hard when you feel as though every arena of your life is beyond your control, so what might help is if you tackle them one at a time. Believe it or not, weight can be the easiest to start with because if you're dedicated to it, you can see results quickly.

Now, nothing I've (or anyone else) said is going to help if you just want to sit there in a vat of self-pity and wallow and feel sorry for yourself.

You have to want to change in order for it to happen.

Good luck. and for God's sake DO something proactive.

I have to agree to this. It takes a ton of willpower. I myself spent months wallowing in self-pity before actual deciding to lose weight. The only reason why I did is because I wanted friends and wanted to attract the girls :p

Latest posts

Back