does good looks really matter in making friends and finding love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unlucky in life said:
how does losing weight make people like me because i have been never slim.does it help

it might make you look more atractive, but its not enough to make people like you.

people might and will like you for many different reasons.

unlucky in life said:
how does losing weight make people like me because i have been never slim.does it help

Not if you don't change your attitude about honeysuckle

I cant say looks and boobs dosnt matter...cuz it dose play a factor.
Its not the sum total to the equation
In my case I simply cant rule it out
HONESTLY

Lets face it...if I dont get turn on..Im not going to get turn on...if Im not turn on
Im not going to have that zest for life .
If I dont have that zest for life...its
not going to be as fun and thrilling.
If is aint fun..then I aint living
If Im not living..Im just existing.

Im like totally madly in love with
Renae. She sets my soul on fire.
Shes hot, wild full of life and super
sexy. When Im with her..I wanna jump
her bones than out of bed and live. Laugh. No woman had ever made me
feel that way....she totally turn me on.

At the sametime. I m full of life myself.
I turn her on . She would tell everyone she met and all her firends.. Im her man with a vibrant look and glow that surrounds her.
I have vedio of her and I just playing and rolling around in bed laughing like little kids. Many many other wonderful times we experinced togther.

Lonesome Crow said:
I cant say looks and boobs dosnt matter...cuz it dose play a factor.
Its not the sum total to the equation
In my case I simply cant rule it out
HONESTLY

Lets face it...if I dont get turn on..Im not going to get turn on...if Im not turn on
Im not going to have that zest for life .
If I dont have that zest for life...its
not going to be as fun and thrilling.
If is aint fun..then I aint living
If Im not living..Im just existing.

Im like totally madly in love with
Renae. She sets my soul on fire.
Shes hot, wild full of life and super
sexy. When Im with her..I wanna jump
her bones than out of bed and live. Laugh. No woman had ever made me
feel that way....she totally turn me on.

At the sametime. I m full of life myself.
I turn her on . She would tell everyone she met and all her firends.. Im her man with a vibrant look and glow that surrounds her.
I have vedio of her and I just playing and rolling around in bed laughing like little kids. Many many other wonderful times we experinced togther.

what?

She holds my hand everywhere we go togther in pubilc. Shell dance with me in bars or at a local lundry mate when no one is around. Shell run up to me when I get off work and shower me with her hugs and kisses. When I go to her work..shell do the samething wheather people are watching or not.

Sometimes were the only couple out on the dance floor slow dancing in a bar full of people and people are watching us make out
Other times shell just go totally insane me..totally wanna have sex
with me or dry hump me on a bar stool as everyone is watching...
WE just didnt give a fresia what anyone thinks. Sometimes people
would clap and throw money at us.lmao
It wasnt a fantacy...It was real
I lived it . Experinced it.
Way more awsome than the hollywood version.
Our sex lives would have to be put in the XXX section.

Yeah....Im good looking...what do you think? I work out and keep in shape
Reane love my firm sexy body.

Other chicks started hitting on me..thats how and why we started fighting...oki doki

Since I'm bored and have nothing better to do and you seem to be all about saying that we are NOT trying to help you and how we all HATE you... I've taken the liberty of going through this thread and taking out all the USEFUL advice you've been given by members of this forum.
So, I would suggest you go through these and READ THEM and perhaps maybe actually listen to some of us and maybe you will find what you need.
putter65 said:
Of course 'looks' matter. They matter in life, love, jobs, everything. Anybody who says differently if lying. We react differently depending on how attractive a person looks. Initially anyway.

You can help yourself though. How many ugly people do you see wearing poor, untidy clothes ?
Alot ! Help yourself by wearing smart clothes, keep yourself groomed and tidy. Work on body langauge, try to look friendly and happy. Smile ! People like that.

Pheenix said:
Looks are good for casual relationships, and they also pay a certain parts in deep relationships, as they should. But it's nothing more than that.

Callie said:
Broken teeth could be a turnoff for some, but as putter said, if you take pride in your appearance and have confidence in yourself, that goes a long way.
Looks don't always matter, yes they are important, but you don't have to be sexy and gorgeous to find love.

grainofrice24 said:
People like to say that personality matters most, and while it does matter...what gets noticed first is always looks. But 'looks' doesn't mean you look like the chicks in the magazines etc. It's having confidence in your appearance and looking comfortable in your own skin that is attractive. Some people confuse the 6 pack abs and huge tits for attractiveness, but I think that's missing the point.

Best advice i heard: Try to look your best, put a little effort into your appearance and you'll feel a little better about what you see in the mirror...and THAT is attractive.

Rolo said:
Well, guess it depends.

For people with good looks, its a lot easier to get the attention of other people and notice it-especially after a few drinks! Thing is, what is "good looking" varies per person. Personally, i hate this look that most people my age are going for now-these are the people that are classed as good looking a lot. Thats just a lil example to illustrate my above point! :p

Personality is also very important for me and many other people. I could never be with someone if they had the intelligence of a squashed apricot even if they were the most stunning person in the world. I can honestly say for me that personality is more important than than loks. I cant be the only one like that.

You just have to like yourself and that shows. Like a previous poster said- first impressions are based on looks-because you havnt seen the personality yet. If you go in and are happy with yourself people will notice and thats better looking than a person that may be considered insanely good looking that is not as confident. Your body language speaks a lot- if you show confident body signals people will notice.

Just try not to let it get to you too much. Do what you have to do to make yourself happy and you should see the results! Good luck! :)

Luna said:
Often men who want "supermodel" girlfriends look like "supermodels" themselves. From what I've seen, you keep on chasing only men who are "supermodels" and then get upset when they don't like you because you're not a "supermodel". If this is the case, then you are a hypocrite because you only care about looks for men and it sounds like you do not even have any interest in some average/ less-than-average man.

If anyone does not like you, you move on and forget about them and meet new people...hopefully you will come across one that you will have a connection with.

There is no use in sitting around and doing nothing. The best you can do is to eat well, exercise, improve your grooming etc and hopefully you will feel better about yourself. I often wish I were beautiful too - but we all have to learn to work with what we have and be the best that we can be. I would rather keep trying than do nothing and complain, complain, and complain.

Callie said:
THAT is your problem right there. If you have no confidence in yourself, why should anyone else? If you have a problem with your looks and it's bringing you down, then do something about it. Go on a diet if you think you weigh too much, take pride in your appearance. YOU are your biggest downfall here, not the guys. I've read your other posts and quite frankly, it's your attitude more than it is your looks.
Be confident in yourself, take pride in your appearance and stop stalking guys who don't want you and you'll be a lot further than you are right now. Everything you feel about yourself, you are projecting to everyone who meets you, whether you know it or not.

beans said:
Yes, what you said in the above is all true and its true. Sadly, guys are nothing but species that have no brain and heart. They only want beautiful girls. Even you have experienced it yourself. However, I encourage you to 'ignore' such people. I'm sure there is a needle in the haystack where a guy is not 'into' JUST hot girls. I know its hard, but its possible. How old are you? And what your mother said is not very nice...please don't believe it. To me, you're not an ugly duckling no matter how you look. It's the media and the nastiness of people out there. Please don't get sucked into their brainwashing.

NyumNyum said:
Great looking women do have it easier as far as men, by a lot, but many gorgeous women aren't that happy. It's all relative. Just as somebody starving in India or somewhere would roll their eyes at many of us saying we are depressed or lonely when we have so much. If you got it, you take it for granted.

If you want a lot of men to approach you, it does work to make yourself as attractive (and normal-sized) as possible. Otherwise, just be nice and interesting and approach guys as friends. Once they get to know you, they'll see YOU, not your outer appearance so much.

the-alchemist said:
Good looks get you attention and interest, but it is personality that wins the heart.

condemnedsoul666 said:
Being the 'funny guy with an ugly face' i think it is wrong to be all for looks, think of them as an added bonus, i've had a girlfriend recently (she was a bit of an ass though) and have some pretty close friends thus proving the uneccesariness of good looks unless that is all someone has then all i can say is i am sad for them.

allanh said:
there is no deny that everyone prefer to be around people who they consider as good looking. But like most people mentioned in this thread, it's not the be all and end all. 99% of people in this world are average look, but they look beautiful to the people who love them. It's all subjective. Sure there is a minority who are not so good looking by all standard, but again, it can be made up (at least partially ) with confidence, having a good career, personality....etc.

You made many threads based on your own perceived bad looks, what about you post a photo of yourself and let us be the judge?

putter65 said:
I must be different then because I go for a woman's personality. An 'ugly woman' is one with an ugly personality.

Ak5 said:
How do we know if someone is good-looking? Our brain tells us so. It simultaneously computes their personalities, traits, height, weight, clothes, hair, etc. There are a TON of factors in knowing if someone is good-looking or not.

1. Is the person outgoing? (Social factor)

2. Is the person standind upright or slanted? (Confident or not?)

3. Is the person happy being themselves? (Self-Esteem)

4. Does the person dress good? (Contemporary clothing).

5. Is the person "healthy?" (Weight)

Etc, etc, etc.

Everything plays a role in deciding if someone is good-looking or not, it very much depends on the type of person as well.

tangerinedream said:
There were so many issues in your post, but I wanted to address this one.

Listen very carefully: You CAN lose weight.

I am 42 years old and have had several pregnancies which both have had a severe effect on slowing down my metabolism; I've fought depression, eating-disorder issues, emotional-eating issues, blah blah blah.

BUT, I decided recently that I had hit my Rock Bottom for weight even though it's not as bad as it once was, still... I'd had enough.

You know what I've done? I started the South Beach diet again, because I know it works for me. It's been 2 weeks and I have lost 11-1/2 lb. So if some old broad with a pathetic metabolism like me can do it, YOU certainly can.

Here's the tough part: It takes determination. It takes will power.

But by God, it works, and let me tell you, any feeling of deprivation (because it is a low-carb regimen) quickly evaporates when you see the pounds melt away.

You need to take some sort of control. It's hard when you feel as though every arena of your life is beyond your control, so what might help is if you tackle them one at a time. Believe it or not, weight can be the easiest to start with because if you're dedicated to it, you can see results quickly.

Now, nothing I've (or anyone else) said is going to help if you just want to sit there in a vat of self-pity and wallow and feel sorry for yourself.

You have to want to change in order for it to happen.

Good luck. and for God's sake DO something proactive.

Luna said:
The first thing you need to try to improve is your attitude...you have a victim mentality and each one of your threads have had MANY replies (more responses than most people's threads here) filled with advice but you simply ignore it and complain how this and that is holding you back from putting forth any effort into yourself or your life.

Honestly...if you are not going to make any effort at all...I think you might as well just learn to accept things as they are and not complain. :/

Aside from my good looks...Im also a fun loivng out going person and a light heart personally...I have a sense of humor. Plus Im also a romantic...
Get it????....Ill dance with my woman in the of aile in a super market.
Im also a musician...Ill play beautiful or write songs for her.

I go shoping with her...get it???
its a tedious task for a woman to go gorcery shopping alone. I make it fun and romatic for her.
Ill also go clothe shopinng with her..Its a tedious for me to do that
I make it fun for her to give me a fashion show.

Im also a very good lover. I totally turn her on sexually and get her off cuz its not all about me just getting my rocks off.

Thats why oher women finds me attractive too...they see me doing that with her...the romance stuff out in public.

BTW...I also wash the dishes and lundry.
I work on her car for her.
I walk our dog..
I go to work to give her spending money.

Im not a little boy looking for a mommy
to take care of him.

The first thing I do with my money is I buy her flowers...consistetly
Or when shes sick or feeling down...I get her flowers....not just when I wanna get laid....

The many other qualities I have aside from my looks...but these are some of the things thats like a catch 22....you dont get to practice doing these things unless you have been with women. You get better at it only through practice.

Badjedidude said:
what the fresia is even going on...

Well apparently, it's "Let's Talk About Lonesome Crow's Sex Life and Other Stupid honeysuckle Day"... but well, in HIS world, that's everyday, so that can't be it (hmm)

People without experince can go WTF all day long..cuz they dont get it...
Its a mystery to them. The joke isnt on me.. Its on them..I dont care about brownie pionts

Im not ttalking theroy or fantacy.
Im talking experince...hands on experince REAL LIFE experince...

Yes, no one gets why you go on and on about your life when it has NOTHING to do with the topic.... It's a big ass mystery... ranks up there with the meaning of life really...

Latest posts

Back