does good looks really matter in making friends and finding love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unlucky in life said:
who said any thing about gaeltacht

Educated guess. Irish is not spoken in Ireland except as a minority language in anywhere else but Gaeltacht and perhaps a few isolated hamlets; your continuing insistence on Irish being the common language highly implies that you must be in one of those extremely insular communities.

Point is, anyway, go to one of the large cities. You will not have the small town effect and you can pursue lesbian relationships with glee! :D

IgnoredOne said:
unlucky in life said:
who said any thing about gaeltacht

Educated guess. Irish is not spoken in Ireland except as a minority language in anywhere else but Gaeltacht and perhaps a few isolated hamlets; your continuing insistence on Irish being the common language highly implies that you must be in one of those extremely insular communities.

Point is, anyway, go to one of the large cities. You will not have the small town effect and you can pursue lesbian relationships with glee! :D

LOOK I AM NOT A LESBIAN OK PLEASE STOP SAYING I AM NOT I AM NOT GAY

all you doing up setting me and making angry.

You can tell him that you don't want to continue the conversation, but don't attack him first thing for making a suggestion.

Unlucky, don't start thinking you can scream at people. If anything, someone should be screaming at you. He was simply suggesting something. Not insulting. Being gay or a lesbian is not an insult, and it's not a bad thing.

Noted. But we really don't care either way, we just want to help.

People are not as friendly as dogs. The don't create and hold a grudge for something they THINK the person may have done.

In my opinion this is a very polemic question.
there are a lot of people who dont pay attention to looks and there are a lot of people who pay attention a lot..but you know, the first thing you usually notice at a person is his/her looks, but people should learn that it isn´t everything. sometimes people can´t do anything with their looks, they were born so... and they are themselves.. nobody is perfect and everybody is original as he is.
I think in friendships there is a fewer attention to look than in romantic relationships. I think there must be something like chemic or so ...
And I think no matter how who looks, everybody has own chemic in his/her own way.
I have never looked at people´s look when I want to be a friend with them.
but when I am looking for love I have to have there some chemic that is bounding me to a person. It is usually based on look but it is not everything I need for falling in love....but there are lots of buts...
The best solution for me is to get to know a person no matter he or she looks like and than judge... :)
and maybe after knowing the person better there are more chances to fall in love.
As people are growing up they are realising that there is more and more than look in a person :)

PS: I am a little embarrassed. I don´t know English very well so you may not know what I meant to say..
but I am very very sorry for my English :)

This thread is equal parts tediously retarded and unsettling. Unlucky, please, for the love of God, stop it, now. Reading over this thread it's clear why you're all lonesome. You are excruciating enough to read, I can't bare to imagine how bad it would be trying to engage you in person.

Yeah! said:
Hi, how are you, today?!

Unlucky In Life said:
i am fat and ugly and my teeth are all messed please love me why wont you love me i deserve to be loved even though i am clearly a detestable person my personality is little more than a patience vacuum i am not gay i am not gay i am not gay I AM NOT GAY I AM JUST FAT AND UGLY AND HAVE GANKY TEETH

Yeah! said:
Jesus.............................................

i know i am just frustrated by the Argentina guy he didn't know enough to insulted me now he wishes i never existed by what he doing all i wanted was to be liked i was only trying to be friend .he gave me 4 months told go away forever that i was waste of time he using facebook as hunting for good looking female prospects as girlfriends he has great social life as well he is spoilt which is not moral righ to get rid of some one who isn't friends' material when i wanted to be his friend learn a bit about some one new .

if you listen and read between the lines you will see
as couple never ever never ever i refused abosoulity
he called me jerk and he told personally sucked,he never date like me never ever he said.he called old and cogular, he told me he hated me
he also said "don't get me wrong i like women just not you"
he said the only reason i like him is because he said in his own "because i am hot young stud"
he had no interested in me at all
he said i was obsessed with him he knew i had no friends living isolated town
he told me go away and make my friends my own age!

see what is been said between the lines words like stud , cougar, old. couple. you see he hunting

please believe me i was only trying to be friend to cheer him up because he was down he used as trap to get rid of me because he knew i was sensitivity

read between the line like dective

Stop giving a honeysuckle about said guy. A lot of people hate me; its entirely possible that some women I was drawn to 'hate' me as well. Stuff like that happens. Move on.

This is my last post here unless you can actually understand above message.

Are you ill? Those words make sense, but the order, I'm having trouble with that.

Yes, your personality does actually suck, based on what you've posted. Yes, it does seem like you're obsessed with Argentinian Guy. Yes, he is allowed to not find you physically attractive, just the same as you're allowed the same. Would you date this guy:

Brian_Peppers.jpg

? Based on looks alone, would you want to date him? Now, if he behaved in the manner you have, would you want to date him?

Put it this way, you gave it a shot with Argentinian Guy, he said no. What did you achieve? You achieved the knowledge that Argentinian Guy isn't for you. If those were his words, he's a bit of a dick. Would you want to date a dick? If you would want to go out with this person despite his attitude, you're a shallow little person.

I'm reading between the lines and they're just as empty as the rest.

I say the OP is a troll. Best way to stop this thread from growing is to stop responding to it.

He doesn't have to know you in order to dislike you. ok fair enough i guess
he still should have not insulted me all the same

unlucky in life said:

It's only an insult if you ALLOW it to insult you. Hell, if someone calls me a ***** I take it as a compliment because I know I am one. If someone calls me a cougar, well, at least they think I'd be able to GET a much younger man. It's all in how you look at it. Give it your own spin if you have to. So what if you don't look like a ******* model, that doesn't matter. What matters is your personality and how you feel about yourself. Which, from what I've seen, you give YOURSELF more honeysuckle than anyone you've talked about. How is it not okay for facebook guy to say all that honeysuckle to you, but it's okay for you to say it about yourself? Why don't you think about that for a while and see what you come up with.

unlucky in life said:

He can insult you all he wants. It's his decision what he thinks and what he says. You don't own or control him. I personally don't believe he insulted you. I think you just took what he said or did as an insult. If someone insults you, get over it and move on. Insults are not the end of the world. There's no meaning or connection between you and him, and I think he's made that quite obvious to you.

VanillaCreme said:
unlucky in life said:

He can insult you all he wants. It's his decision what he thinks and what he says. You don't own or control him. I personally don't believe he insulted you. I think you just took what he said or did as an insult. If someone insults you, get over it and move on. Insults are not the end of the world. There's no meaning or connection between you and him, and I think he's made that quite obvious to you.

well thanks you know how cheer some one right up don't you it must be your talented
There's no meaning or connection between you and him, and I think he's made that quite obvious to you.

and i know you don't like so don't sugar coated we wouldn't want that now would we

What the fresia are you talking about you God **** lunatic?

First off, no matter WHAT you shouldn't ever be physically OR verbally abused. I have been in a very abusive relationship that lasted 1yr and the abuse lasted 2. If you're still being abused, PLEASE get help from someone, anyone! NO ONE deserves that! Second, looks....only help for the first 2 seconds when they see u and they possibly give off a signal that they want to talk. But not always. I am pretty attractive apparently to the general public, i'll be honest here. But that does not mean that finding love is any easier or harder. If you have good looks but dont have a personality or a good one, then it's going to be a lot tougher. Personally, i'm very socially awkward, so i don't usually get very far. I'm still looking for even one guy that i truly even like, let alone love. And i understand it's hard to meet people when the opportunities are lacking. I don't get invited to parties or go out or anything. Also, when it comes to looks, everyone has such varying perception of what "pretty" or "ugly" is that you can't judge yourself from just one or two peoples opinions about you. You also MUST remember that your judgement stands higher than anyone elses, so as long as you believe you're beautiful, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Latest posts

Back