Fading away

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

some guy

Reaction score
I feel like I'm fading away. The other day I went out for a walk and thought of a place I can hang out to get away from the pressure that is called "My Life". I was absolutely stunned when I realized that I cannot think of a place to go to! I mean, have I done nothing but work for the past 7 years? Have I spent all those years just being a father, husband and an employee that I dont know how to have fun by myself anymore? And the scary part is, I'm only 27!

Hey there, and welcome. Yes...it does suck to kind of lose yourself in your own "life." Try to find a little something for yourself...a hobby, or something that you can call your own.

hey thanks for the welcome guys. appreciate it. :)

@eve: yeah i'd love to, but what? lol. i kinda dont know what i like to do. i mean, im not sure if you can call tuning my car a hobby, but that's pretty much my alone time. and sometimes i do it because i know nobody wants to come to the garage. haha, i sound silly dont i? thanks anyway

some guy said:
hey thanks for the welcome guys. appreciate it. :)

@eve: yeah i'd love to, but what? lol. i kinda dont know what i like to do. i mean, im not sure if you can call tuning my car a hobby, but that's pretty much my alone time. and sometimes i do it because i know nobody wants to come to the garage. haha, i sound silly dont i? thanks anyway

lol, nope. :p You sound SMART - picking something that no one will bother you while you're doing it.

I plya video games. Thing is I actually wish someone would play with me sometimes...... but I don't know anybody.

Watching movies is fun to and doesn't require any thinking. You could watch one at home, rent one with the family or even go see one in theaters, alone, not alone..... whatever you prefer.

Did you ever see one in a commercial and say: "Hay, that looks good, I'd like to see that!"?

Weekends are the worst for me. The sad part is that i actually choose to work on weekends just to be around people.

hey and welcome.

Boss Jr. said:
I plya video games. Thing is I actually wish someone would play with me sometimes...... but I don't know anybody.

Watching movies is fun to and doesn't require any thinking. You could watch one at home, rent one with the family or even go see one in theaters, alone, not alone..... whatever you prefer.

Did you ever see one in a commercial and say: "Hay, that looks good, I'd like to see that!"?

same here. i have watched so many tv shows in their entirety on dvd over the the past like 5 years and i really wish i had someone to watch them with. and someone to play video games with. and that is my problem. i need some nerdy chick that would want to do that with me. only problem is, how do i find someone that spends most of their time inside playing video games and watching movies like i do.

Toney said:
Weekends are the worst for me. The sad part is that i actually choose to work on weekends just to be around people.

don't i know that.i dread weekends and all that time alone. and i wake up just as early on weekends asi do weekdays, so i wake up at 5am thinking...oh my god..here we go again.

I'm just waiting for my license suspension to be ended and I'll be on the road again, hitting all the metal shows...

But to be honest with myself... I'd rather being lonely than being around phony people.

It's not too late to find yourself! I'm learning it all over again at 32. Congratulations on your early mid-life crisis and take comfort in knowing that you probably won't have to go through this crap again in your 40s like everybody else ;)

edgecrusher said:
same here. i have watched so many tv shows in their entirety on dvd over the the past like 5 years and i really wish i had someone to watch them with. and someone to play video games with. and that is my problem. i need some nerdy chick that would want to do that with me. only problem is, how do i find someone that spends most of their time inside playing video games and watching movies like i do.

I wish I could be that nerdy chick, but nooooooo, I'm stuck with satellite internet. Do you know how much Halo sucks if you can't do multiplayer? I went over to a friend's house that had Netflix 'watch instantly' on their Wii and I almost broke out in tears.

@eve: thanks..

@coricopat: i guess your right, thanks.

@edge: actually, right now im kinda doing the same thing.. well, i'm on a dvd marathon really..

it just kills me that i dont have anything to do!!

timtune said:
Toney said:

don't i know that.i dread weekends and all that time alone. and i wake up just as early on weekends asi do weekdays, so i wake up at 5am thinking...oh my god..here we go again.

Totally man. Familiar feeling. Sometimes i just feel so alone especially weekends. Im really a people person and yeah its cool to be alone sometimes nothing but me and my house but boy does it get lonely. I've been alot in relationships now that my recent one broke im really lost by myself. But well, hope some1 just pops out of nowhere and colours our life.

coricopat said:
I wish I could be that nerdy chick, but nooooooo, I'm stuck with satellite internet. Do you know how much Halo sucks if you can't do multiplayer? I went over to a friend's house that had Netflix 'watch instantly' on their Wii and I almost broke out in tears.

Netflix on Wii is pretty awesome! Wii can't support the HD streams, of course, But in all other regards, I prefer it to the 360. That might change with this new Kinect peripheral that's coming up. That could be an awesome way to do netflix.

ZOMG!!! Another good reason to use my Wii!!! I can watch Netflix stuff on my TV...FINALLY!!!

BTW...hey, jjam!!! Nice to see you again!

EveWasFramed said:
ZOMG!!! Another good reason to use my Wii!!! I can watch Netflix stuff on my TV...FINALLY!!!

tHAT's wrong Eve...
If I had ur boobies, I wouldn't be playing with the Wii.
My first experiment would be to drop some candles on de nipples to see if I can cast a magic spell.:D

coricopat said:
It's not too late to find yourself! I'm learning it all over again at 32. Congratulations on your early mid-life crisis and take comfort in knowing that you probably won't have to go through this crap again in your 40s like everybody else ;)

edgecrusher said:

yea the halo campaign is fun but you can only play it but so many times. i havent played multiplayer in a while though.

Latest posts

Back