guys have all the fun

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look, I make jokes about my own pain.

I am a 29 year old virgin who has never kissed a girl. I am constantly joking about being a grumpy old virgin who hits people with my walking stick, or chases the elderly ladies around the nursing homes.

Your problem is that you see everything as black and white, and you also don't have the ability to laugh at yourself. The ability to laugh at yourself makes you a happier and healthier person. Have you ever watched a Robin Williams or Jim Carrey special? Those comedians cope with depression (and in Robin's case, Bipolar), but they JOKE about their negative situations, and make people laugh.

I am not saying that you have to yuck it up about everything. But for god sakes, that would make us like you more...than this "I hate men because they are all nasty creatures who rejected me because they are all shallow and I am so ugly that I will never find someone who isn't shallow because all men are shallow, etc", kind of thing.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Look, I make jokes about my own pain.

I am a 29 year old virgin who has never kissed a girl. I am constantly joking about being a grumpy old virgin who hits people with my walking stick, or chases the elderly ladies around the nursing homes.

Your problem is that you see everything as black and white, and you also don't have the ability to laugh at yourself. The ability to laugh at yourself makes you a happier and healthier person. Have you ever watched a Robin Williams or Jim Carrey special? Those comedians cope with depression (and in Robin's case, Bipolar), but they JOKE about their negative situations, and make people laugh.

I am not saying that you have to yuck it up about everything. But for god sakes, that would make us like you more...than this "I hate men because they are all nasty creatures who rejected me because they are all shallow and I am so ugly that I will never find someone who isn't shallow because all men are shallow, etc", kind of thing.
well you know from guy point what it feels like .

yes rest of it true all of it.nothing is repaired 15 years of damage .and conedy will not help just depress me even more

Guys point of view?

If you want to know something, you have it easier as a woman! I am guessing you are a virgin?

Look, being a 29 year old MALE virgin is no walk in the park. Especially if other guys get wind of it! Girls tend to be understanding, but guys...they give you a hard time (you must be gay, man up, get a hooker, quit putting the pussy on the pedestal, etc!)

I have never heard of a female virgin hearing similar things like "lesbian! Woman up! Get a male prostitute! Quit putting the dick on the pedestal!"

You have it easier, by far. Not to say that you don't have it hard...but christ, try to understand what other people are going through, as well as yourself!

Something I've wondered about...

You say that you live in a very small place with not many people. You speak of so many guys that have been mean to you or whatever. You say you've never had a boyfriend. Where the hell are all of these MANY men who abuse you? You spoke of ONE guy on Facebook and the one time in college (which was a long while ago).

And speaking of Facebook, if it causes you so much pain, why not stop going there?

Or you can utilize the block button to your heart's desire if it truely drives you up the wall. god knows i've used it if a person repeatedly upsets or annoys me on facebook. No use in wasting emotion over something that upsetting.

EveWasFramed said:

You say that you live in a very small place with not many people. You speak of so many guys that have been mean to you or whatever. You say you've never had a boyfriend. Where the hell are all of these MANY men who abuse you? You spoke of ONE guy on Facebook and the one time in college (which was a long while ago).

And speaking of Facebook, if it causes you so much pain, why not stop going there?

when i was at school and collage in the city i used to do sports guys there too,
no i have never had boyfriend

i have no choice really . Argentina guy is also paranoid too this time its not because of me this time

unlucky in life said:
EveWasFramed said:

when i was at school and collage in the city i used to do sports guys there too,

i have no choice really . Argentina guy is also paranoid too this time its not because of me this time

You don't have a CHOICE not to use Facebook?
Yes, you do. I also notice that you singled out "sports guys" for your attention in college.
Seems like you CHOOSE things you know are going to make you suffer the most pain and rejection. Until YOU stop choosing poorly, you will continue to wallow in misery of your OWN making.

Unlucky, this might be something you need to watch:

I never saw this movie, but one thing about this couple with Downs Syndrome struck me as very to the point:

They both looked happy, were constantly smiling, and didn't look depressed

If you go around with a frown on your face, you will never have the chance to meet guys, because they won't want to be around you.

Another thing: If you are average looking and chubby, why not find an average/chubby looking guy yourself? In very rare occasions, someone will date someone who's in a different league than themselves...but generally, people date other people that are in the same league.

I have brown hair and brown eyes. With one exception, all of the girls who have been interested in me have had brown hair and brown eyes. They have all been Caucasian. I am Caucasian. The one time that I wore contacts instead of glasses, I got hit on by a cheerleader...this was obviously a difference in my looks. I just switched back to glasses, because I like them, they fit my looks, and I don't want someone who is vapid and shallow like that.

You get what you put into this life.

Wow, so you are picky about the guys you go after eh? Pot meat kettle.

Take a look in the mirror and really evaluate yourself. I'm a guy and from everything you have posted on here, and keep in mind I have NO idea what you look like either except for what you say, and people are always harder on themselves than they should be, but I wouldn't give you a second look or the time of day. And this is just from how you've come across on the forum here. But I'm sure I wouldn't have to worry about you obsessing or stalking me cause I'm not a jock or Adonis,which seems to be the type you obsess over. Phew, dodged a bullet there.

Sci-Fi said:

Take a look in the mirror and really evaluate yourself. I'm a guy and from everything you have posted on here, and keep in mind I have NO idea what you look like either except for what you say, and people are always harder on themselves than they should be, but I wouldn't give you a second look or the time of day. And this is just from how you've come across on the forum here. But I'm sure I wouldn't have to worry about you obsessing or stalking me cause I'm not a jock or Adonis,which seems to be the type you obsess over. Phew, dodged a bullet there.

I sure have missed your post this weekend. Glad your back.

Sci-Fi said:

we don't have jocks in ireland.

EveWasFramed said:
unlucky in life said:
EveWasFramed said:

You don't have a CHOICE not to use Facebook?
Yes, you do. I also notice that you singled out "sports guys" for your attention in college.
Seems like you CHOOSE things you know are going to make you suffer the most pain and rejection. Until YOU stop choosing poorly, you will continue to wallow in misery of your OWN making.
sports guy were outside collage in collage

good looking guys still have options in life in love many times over and friends by the hundreds brilliant social life etc
some guys i know have it easy there life is easy for them then ONES I KNOW .

Yes. Good looking people have more options than average looking people.

News flash. It doesn't keep most people from leading happy lives, or fulfilling lives.

You must know very few, and how well do you really know them? Honestly you can't possibly know what goes on inside their heads. Sure you see what is on the outside and what they put on for you to see, but that's about it.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

News flash. It doesn't keep most people from leading happy lives, or fulfilling lives.
it does where i sit .

unlucky in life said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

it does where i sit .

Then sit somewhere else.

I don't give a crap. Just quit whining. You're not the only poster on this forum who has a rough life.

Sci-Fi said:
You must know very few, and how well do you really know them? Honestly you can't possibly know what goes on inside their heads. Sure you see what is on the outside and what they put on for you to see, but that's about it.
they didn't like me for what i looked so they want to know me. all i know is they treatment they gave me it was all bad from day 1.
no interested in me what so ever as me ma would high up or low down zero interested most did not even ask me my name they just nasty to me .

short and sweet

Latest posts

Back