Hyperspin Project

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to set up this...

It's like a system that emulates all popular consoles and arcades.

[video=youtube]

Here's a little more info about what you can do with this.

[video=youtube]

Retrobox: The Ultimate Retro Gaming Experience

This is my retro gamin setup. Made possible by:
Hyperspin-fe.com
Emumovies.com
Underground-gamer.com

Retrobox is an all-in-one emulation console built on a windows 7 system. It plays 45 different systems with 15113 playable games spread over thoses sytems. There are no duplicate games, non-working games, hacks or clones on the setup; they were all sorted out. Every game on the system has a cover, a video of its gameplay, a wheel and information about it's releasedate and manufacturer. The bigger systems also have complete cart or CD scans.

The systems consist of their complete US library of games, european games that were not released in the US and the best known japanese games. Some systems have prototypes and other goodies as well.

Most of the themes were either done or edited by me. I made all themes based off the european versions of the consoles. Most of the content is made by the people over at Hyperspin-fe.com though; such as wheels, theme-content, covers and so on. The videos are all made by Emumovies and it's content contributors (I am a contributor and so I made many of the gameplay footage videos myself and many were made by the Hyperspin Project crew over at Underground-gamer).

The setup takes up around 1,7 TB uncompressed. I use two Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 controllers with the setup and map many systems directly, others through joy2key and xpadder.

This setup took over a year to finish. It was a lot of hard work, trust me :p

Interested in buildind a setup like mine yourself?

You can download my work over at underground-gamer.com. It goes by the name "Hyperspin Project". But be warned; It's not plug and play. Also, if you like this, please register over at hyperspin-fe.com and emumovies.com; being a part of the community is the only way to achieve a setup similar to mine. You'll need help, and I can't help everyone ;) Rather post a thread that PM me, please. Also, consider donating to the 3 sites if you like what you was in the video :)

Disclaimer: I do not sell copies of this system! I do not, in any way, support piracy! I own the rights to the games I play and so should you if you plan on building a similar setup.

It is an amazing project 15k old games think i would never leave the house lol.
It is really nicely put together as i have often played a lot of different emulators but its nice to have a bunch of them all on one dedicated system.

I would love to build this into a dedicated system, maybe into a arcade cabinet.

What are you thinking of doing with you build ?.

For now I'm sticking with the software part... I'll play it on my pc with my joysticks. I'd love to build something like an arcade cabinet in the future. The problem is I'm not much of a 'handyman'... Still I'd love to do it so that pushes me to give it try.

Latest posts

Back