I like tall men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't work as satire - it's a socially acceptable preference. Think of something more "offensive", gals.

ardour said:
Doesn't work as satire  - it's a socially acceptable preference.  Think of something more "offensive", gals.

Seems to be working pretty well to me.
But that's humor for you. Some people just don't "get it".

TheRealCallie said:
So wait.  The guys can generalize women and say NONE of them would ever date a short person, but a woman can't say she likes tall men?

Where have I ever said this? You sure seem to like grouping all us guys together.

Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:
So wait.  The guys can generalize women and say NONE of them would ever date a short person, but a woman can't say she likes tall men?

Where have I ever said this? You sure seem to like grouping all us guys together.

Pretty sure someone already told you today that not everything is about you.

TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:

Pretty sure someone already told you today that not everything is about you.

Who are these guys you speak of, then? You don't seem to like it when people answer back to you.

TheRealCallie said:
ardour said:
Just pass  if you don't like it. No-one's forcing you to read this.

Forgottendanfan said:
Callie, if my thread annoyed you, there was no need for you to comment on it. It's really THAT simple.

I'll just leave these here.  Practice what you preach.

Wow, that comment is from March 10th. Delayed reaction or what?

Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:
ardour said:
Just pass  if you don't like it. No-one's forcing you to read this.

Forgottendanfan said:
Callie, if my thread annoyed you, there was no need for you to comment on it. It's really THAT simple.

I'll just leave these here.  Practice what you preach.

Wow, that comment is from March 10th. Delayed reaction or what?

tenor.gif

You know, I get that some of you are stuck in your misery, but don't you think you spread enough negativity on the forum? Do you have to bring down threads that are clearly intended to be fun and/or positive, too?

To be fair, it's just as easy for people to not respond to the misery.

It's not very clear that a thread is meant for fun, when people are just as easily ready to jump on someone for not responding the way they want them to.

TheRealCallie said:
You know, I get that some of you are stuck in your misery, but don't you think you spread enough negativity on the forum?  Do you have to bring down threads that are clearly intended to be fun and/or positive, too?

Spreading negativity? The name of this forum is "A Lonely Life". With a name like that, would you expect it to be full of people with a sunny, cheerful disposition?

Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:
You know, I get that some of you are stuck in your misery, but don't you think you spread enough negativity on the forum?  Do you have to bring down threads that are clearly intended to be fun and/or positive, too?

Spreading negativity? The name of this forum is "A Lonely Life". With a name like that, would you expect it to be full of people with a sunny, cheerful disposition?

Actually, there have been quite a few who have had a "sunny, cheerful disposition" over the years.  And I really hate to break it to you, but not every lonely person is a miserable.

TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:

Actually, there have been quite a few who have had a "sunny, cheerful disposition" over the years.  And I really hate to break it to you, but not every lonely person is a miserable.

I'm not miserable all the time (not even on here), but I do tend to come to this forum to vent my frustrations, which I think is a completely valid and understandable thing to be doing. I don't see why I should be met by members telling me to put up or shut up.

Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:

So because I’m lonely and come to a forum called a lonely life I can’t have fun?? I must have not seen that note in the forum rules.
#5 A Lonely Life forum is only for lonely people that are negative and sourpusses. Expressions of fun, laughter and such are prohibited. Making fun/happy/joyous connections with other lonely people is frowned upon here.

PurpleMist said:
Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:

So because I’m lonely and come to a forum called a lonely life I can’t have fun?? I must have not seen that note in the forum rules.
#5 A Lonely Life forum is only for lonely people that are negative and sourpusses. Expressions of fun, laughter and such are prohibited. Making fun/happy/joyous connections with other lonely people is frowned upon here.

Who's saying that? Certainly not me.

Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:

I'm not miserable all the time (not even on here), but I do tend to come to this forum to vent my frustrations, which I think is a completely valid and understandable thing to be doing. I don't see why I should be met by members telling me to put up or shut up.

Your place on here is valid. No one should be told to shut up, or pipe down, or whatever ridiculous thing people want to say. 

The forum can only serve the individual based on how the individual chooses to use it. No matter what life has thrown at us, we do have a choice on how we interact online. 

One of the reasons I come back to the forum, is because of how different everyone is. The different places everyone is from. I admit, I haven't always listened to the stories. But when I started, that was when a lot of things changed within me, because every point of view has some value when you know how to listen.

Abstamyous said:
Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:
Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:

Your place on here is valid. No one should be told to shut up, or pipe down, or whatever ridiculous thing people want to say. 

The forum can only serve the individual based on how the individual chooses to use it. No matter what life has thrown at us, we do have a choice on how we interact online. 

One of the reasons I come back to the forum, is because of how different everyone is. The different places everyone is from. I admit, I haven't always listened to the stories. But when I started, that was when a lot of things changed within me, because every point of view has some value when you know how to listen.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back