I'm Thinking Of Creating A Thread Exclusive To Chess. What Do You Guys Think?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nerdygirl said:
Aww, I was all set to post on the thread in which we were supposed to use text speech, and it's closed. I guess I'll just do it here. Oh, wait. I'm ALREADY using text speech. Yes indeedy. This is my idea of text speech. I'd never bother texting with anybody who insists on using that other garbage, unless I was being paid or something.

My sister and I always laugh at how our dads texts are always very formal and spelt and punctuated perfectly. I mean while I don't use any text speak I will put "dont" instead of "don't"...:p

I always put "don't" instead of "dont" when texting. Will you start laughing at me now? :(

This may as well BE the Chess thread considering how many pages it has. :p Except the majority of the posts have nothing to do with chess.

I think I didn't use apostrophes when I first got this phone, but that was about not knowing how. Now if I send a text that is lacking in proper punctuation or has stuff spelled wrong, it's because it's a typo. I hate writing stuff out on a little bitty phone.

Also, why is it ridiculous for this thread to have several pages? I mean, originally, the darned thing was just going to be about five posts saying something like, "I like chess." "Yea, me too." Isn't that just as ridiculous? :p

I don't use proper punctuation in a text, but my phone really isn't for texting. It doesn't have a keyboard to easily do all that. I gotta press the number pad multiple times, yeah I'm not up on the times. But for people who do have the keyboard or whatever you want to call it on a phone, it just comes off as being lazy.

I like when threads derail, makes it more fun and brings people into it to find out why a thread about making a thread about chess is so many pages.

K, this "old" thread made me laugh my ass off as I had been avoiding it like the plague (not a chess fan)- turns out to be the best "chess" thread ever(lol).

Texting- I refuse to send texts without proper punctuation, etc. people have laughed at me for it but I have some degree of pride (I guess standard would be a better word to describe it) when communicating via the written (typed) word.

Eve mentioned toast, now I'm hungry.

Yep, this thread is the awesomest chess thread that ever awesomed. It has appeal for folks who like chess, folks who dislike chess, and people who are wondering what this "Chess" thing is all about, anyway. Not that it tells what chess is, but still. Its even gr8 4 any1 who duznt noe how 2 use English.

Peter Lorre said:
This thread could have had so much potential, if only it'd have been a checkers one.

how bout we combine them? .....We'll replace all pawns with checkers.

To hell with chess, checkers, the hybrid variations, and any other board game. I want that really cool game that we saw a few moments of in the original Star Wars! I'll bet one of you posting guru types can find a clip of it somewhere and post it here.

Yep, I just challenged those of you who somehow find the most obscure honeysuckle and foist it upon us unwilling souls who are simply searching for acceptance and chocolate chip cookies.

Why hasn't this become an essential thread, it's the only good one L.K. ever came up with :p

LMAO

Lonely in BC said:
To hell with chess, checkers, the hybrid variations, and any other board game. I want that really cool game that we saw a few moments of in the original Star Wars! I'll bet one of you posting guru types can find a clip of it somewhere and post it here.

Yep, I just challenged those of you who somehow find the most obscure honeysuckle and foist it upon us unwilling souls who are simply searching for acceptance and chocolate chip cookies.

Why hasn't this become an essential thread, it's the only good one L.K. ever came up with :p

LMAO
You're too good to me Heath.

LoneKiller said:
Lonely in BC said:

LMAO
You're too good to me Heath.

Anytime pal :D

Latest posts

Back