I'm Thinking Of Creating A Thread Exclusive To Chess. What Do You Guys Think?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I THINK that instead of "THINKING OF CREATING A NEW THREAD EXCLUSIVE TO CHESS" you should have just done it, instead of having gotten all these comments about it, most of them being negative or sarcastic. When I start a new thread, I just do it, and if it doesn't take off as successful, then it doesn't! And, just for the record, I am not trying to be mean or fresh about it, I am just stating what I feel!

I BEAT YOU THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT CHESS! CHESS TALK BEGINS NOW! HA HA!!

Story:

Around the time I was growing boobs I was in the chess club at my school. I sucked. But! I remember at this one tournament there was this cute awkward boy who just beat a game against me and I remember afterwards he was eating ketchup chips that had like, Deep Space Nine stickers in them. And his friend was also eating chips that also had DSN stickers in them. And the cute boy nerd, said to his friend sth like "I still need such-and-such a sticker, bro, you got it, give it here." And I was like, oh my god. I want you. And I never wanted boys my age before that point! So it was like, whoa, you know?

I wonder what he's doing now.

End of super awesome chess story.

Yeah I could see how that would be amazing but if you read in-between the lines I was a *child*. So... I was still growing them, watering them, weeding them. They were but wee lumps. Boob-bits. But I remember that was an important part of the story. Queen, bishop, pawn.

This is incredibly embarrassing- an "attempt" at humor has left me feeling like a complete idiot! I somehow missed the age reference and now feel slightly (actually more than slightly) disappointed in myself. I apologize to anyone on ALL who may read this and think to themselves "what's with that BC guy?". I'm not warped, twisted, or in possession of a deviant mind- I suffered a moment of poor judgement and made a rather tasteless (in hindsight) response.

My dream girl. She's a chess grandmaster. Her name is Judit Polgar. Sadly it will never happen.

POLGAR.jpg

LoneKiller said:
My dream girl. She's a chess grandmaster. Her name is Judit Polgar. Sadly it will never happen.

POLGAR.jpg

My Dream Guy is Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, who was on American Idol last year and the one before also. I have about as about as much chance with him as a snowball has in h***!!!

Don't fret Lone Killer. There are plenty available woman out there--some of them must be great chess players!

LoneKiller said:
Hi All.
bb8.gif

I was thinking of creating a thread devoted to chess and chess related material. I just want to run this by the members to see if they think it would work before I start. Do you think it would work? Is anyone interested?

I am in favor of a chess page / chess thread.

Perhaps we could arrange some play by mail chess games. There is a site that does this already, itsyourturn.com or some such.

LoneKiller said:
Hi Tom. I'll join the site later on tonight. You also might want to ask kamya. He's a great player!

Cool. I just may!

Right now I am really into "GO" as well.

LMAO

'the chess thread' with everything from Boobs to Satans baby. :D

Who is not going to last long ? the baby or the person who put up the wording ?

monkeysox said:
LMAO

'the chess thread' with everything from Boobs to Satans baby. :D

Who is not going to last long ? the baby or the person who put up the wording ?

(Psssst, gonna let you in on a secret LK doesn't know about- we're secretly conspiring on ALL to drive him crazy by hijacking his threads with all manner of inane crap. I really need to start a pool as to how long he'll last).

(P.S.- this isn't L in BC, it's one of the evil mods trying to frame him, L in BC is a truly awesome dude and we're just trying to hide behind his greatness. For real. No bullshit. Would we lie to you? Oops, oh honeysuckle, now they know its more than one of us I- we, hate stupid people. We are Legion...shut up dummy, the sheep, oops, I (we) mean they're going to catch on to us......ummm, I like ice cream....).

Disclaimer: Lonely in BC is in no way associated with the above statements, we're just trying to cause honeysuckle- we're The Mods and we can do whatever the hell we want.

:p

LK I need a chess guru, my eldest nearly beat me the last time we played...

I'm now imagining a chess training montage to the Rocky music.

The Good Citizen said:
LK I need a chess guru, my eldest nearly beat me the last time we played...

I'm now imagining a chess training montage to the Rocky music.
Sure. I'm no Gary Kasparov, but I'll my very best to help you. Should you see this before you check your pm's, know that I'm sending you one.:)

God Bless.
LK

SophiaGrace said:
I like playing chess but i'm terrible at it.
You're a smart woman Sophia. I'm sure you would improve dramatically by simply playing as much as you can. Try devoting 4-5 hours a day playing online or in person. The stronger your opponent, the more you will learn in most cases. It's losing games that teach us. Not so much the wins.

Latest posts

Back