Is being ugly a problem?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you feel ugly?

• yes

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • no

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
Positive vs. negative...
depending on whose definiton? but, let me not be argumentative...

Instead, let me be blunt. There are reasons why some of us are as sensitive as you are Collette. Have you noticed yet, Collette, that the people in life who are the most sensitive to any given "stereotype", they are the very ones that do the most "stereotyping"? I have. The one's that do not seem to notice stereotypical labels are the ones who seem to be the most accepting.

Cosmic Kid said:
Positive vs. negative...

Instead, let me be blunt. There are reasons why some of us a as sensitive as you are Collette. Have you noticed yet, Collette, that the people in life who are the most sensitive to any given "stereotype", they are the very ones that do the most "stereotyping"? I have.

No, Sweetie. That I will not give you. You don't know me well enough to apply that reasoning to me. Yes, I am sensitive. I am like one huge exposed nerve ending and you will find that I tend to be "spokesperson for the people" when it comes to coming against any cause that may hurt someone.

For instance, didn't you read my thread where I rallied for the unfortunate men who are forced to pay child support for a woman who decided against birth control but yet if the tables were turned she could have an abortion and he would have no say in it. Now that doesn't affect me in any way but yet I feel strongly about it.

Colette said:
Cosmic Kid said:
Positive vs. negative...

Instead, let me be blunt. There are reasons why some of us a as sensitive as you are Collette. Have you noticed yet, Collette, that the people in life who are the most sensitive to any given "stereotype", they are the very ones that do the most "stereotyping"? I have. The one's that do not seem to notice stereotypical labels are the ones who seem to be the most accepting.

No, Sweetie. That I will not give you. You don't know me well enough to apply that reasoning to me. Yes, I am sensitive. And you will find that I tend to me "spokesperson for the people" when it comes to any cause that may hurt someone.

For instance, didn't you read my thread where I rallied for the poor men who are forced to pay child support for a woman who decided against birth control but yet if the tables were turned she could have an abortion and he would have no say in it. Now that doesn't affect me in any way but yet I feel strongly about it.

Yes, I have noticed try to be "fair-minded". I like that about you actually. HOWEVER...I've also noticed you do tend to know what's "fair" and what's not. I guess that would be called opionated.

I stand by my previous post. I do not find it as offensive as you seem to believe it is. No, I do not believe it is contibuting to anything negative, unless you are sensitive enough to read it that way. Read everything I wrote in context Collette.

I do know you well enough to say this...

"The one's that do not seem to notice stereotypical labels are the ones who seem to be the most accepting."

because it's not directed at you...but, my fear is...you'll read it as such, no doubt....Honey

Cosmic Kid said:
Yes, I have noticed try to be "fair-minded". I like that about you actually. HOWEVER...I've also noticed you do tend to know what's "fair" and what's not. I guess that would be called opionated.

I stand by my previous post. I do not find it as offensive as you seem to believe it is. No, I do not believe it is contibuting to anything negative, unless you are sensitive enough to read it that way. Read everything I wrote in context Collette.

I do know you well enough to say this...

"The one's that do not seem to notice stereotypical labels are the ones who seem to be the most accepting."

because it's not directed at you...but, my fear is...you'll read it as such, no doubt....

Yes, I do try because as a human being, with all my flaws, I try to be fair.

I notice people using stereotypes, and with steretypes I think it's safe to say that we all know there are some truths to them, but I don't care to engage in extreme. Doesn't mean I don't. Just means I try not to.

Oh, and I am very, very, very, opionated. Anyone who knows me will tell you I'll be the first to admit it.

If you read my post as an extreme example of stereotyping, then I call that a somewhat unfair characterization of what I wrote.

Cosmic Kid said:
If you read my post as an extreme example of stereotyping, then I call that a somewhat unfair characterization of what I wrote.

No. I find stereotyping an extreme way of thinking.

Colette said:
Cosmic Kid said:
seems to me sometimes...

guys can be uglier than women..........if they have enough confidence, and are funny enough, women will be attracted to them regardles of looks

Women...personally, I get excited about pretty women...just like sexy, rare sports cars though, harder to depend on, maintain, up-keep, expensive. etc.. just not to practical for everyday use

Anyone ever hear that saying..."Men like to test drive sports cars, but they buy pick-up trucks or station wagons!"

Well....I've made the mistake of buying the rare, beautiful sports-car, and trying to use it as a daily driver. Hasn't worked out for me too well.

My best/favorite female friends have been homely. easier to trust, for me anyway, easier to relax around, easier to be myself around. Easier to get to know. I guess I'm shallow this way...but really beautiful women can blind me to their true nature, and faults

Whoever said.."we learn from our mistakes" must've had me in mind when they said that.

But don't you think that you are adding to the common misconception that attractive people are mean and unattractive people are nice. I don't find that to be the case.

Two of the first 4 words of my post are "seems and sometimes.

(black & white thinking = stereotyping!;)).

Have you ever known an attractive person to be mean, or an ugly person to be nice? If your answer is yes, I wouldn't see that answer as adding to any kind of common misconception Collette.

drama alert. oh boy. we are misunderstanding each-other left and right. how about we just let it go? please.

speaking of ugly...

Qui said:
drama alert. oh boy. we are misunderstanding each-other left and right. how about we just let it go? please.

speaking of ugly...

Don't worry. No drama here. :D

Lol...but all those aside, the answer is still, looks does really matter. I mean, that is how we judge a person when we first meet them. Girls and guys alike. Girls are attracted to guys with good looks (lol and don't try to lie by saying that looks does not matter) and guys, you too. I mean, would you care to befriend a less than average plain looking jane. The fact is that is how we make friends. We first judge a person by their looks. Its the most common way but not necessary the surerest way. Only do we get to know a person in depth, can we then say, looks aside, i like him for his/her personality. So girls and guys alike, if we do not have the looks, i know it sucks, but we just have to work harder.

****,,i have always said that looks don't matter now you can say that i am not telling the truth,,,but i am not a liar,,i should show you a pic of the father of my daughter,,,you would say******,,,you didn't chose that one thats for sure** but i didn't care cause looks wasn't what i was after,,i was after a bit a brains and that he did have some,,although he really didn't know how to treat women

I don't feel ugly, but I do feel pathetic at times, self conscience, very little confidence.

Chris 2 said:
I feel ugly because I'm ugly. Like I didn't get to choose what I look like, so I guess I'm just the unlucky child. Anyway, I'll kill myself ASAP when my mom die of old age or something. I just know suicide is the best option for me. I never been kiss by a girl and prolly never will. I look good if you look at me from the front, but on my side, I look deformed, and that why I can't even smile.

I used to look somewhat OK when I was in college...I've only kissed one girl and that's when I was a junior, I was probably at the peak of my looks then, but for the past year I've been so depressed that I've lost so much weight and look horrible. I don't even want to kiss anyone anymore because I feel so disgusting. Really lost my sex drive because of depression and loneliness.

I am not a fan of Christina's tipe of music as am not into the sloppy stuff but this song just spook to me moor then music normal dose.
After I seen this vid I just liked my body that bit moor and it made me not ashamed of who I was. I well one day if I ever get the guts to do it show my body in a vid to show you all what I mean. mimi might be able to find an image of something that resembles my spine.

remember mimi that I have a double curve

But this vid gave me a lot of my confidence back. Any one that thinks their ugly should watch this

Hi every one, I have just merge this thread with the other thread that was called ugly that was in the Low self-esteem/shy forum as they where both about the same thing.

All posts from both threads are now in this one thread.

Blue Sky said:
I could lose a bit of weight, which I am doing, but no, I don't feel like I am ugly, I never have.

Same here except I could stand to lose weight and am currently doing so. Kudos to me. :D

mmm am i ugly?

well honesly i can never tell if im ugly or not...but I know im ugly in a fact that when I'm walking for example to school or w/e, 99% of the
girls drop their heads and start looking at ground or look the other way as soos as they are passing by me LOL , and when they get passed by me the look straight forward so ye i guess im ugly :p

( sry for bad english)

k. i finally get this haha
yep. looks matter 2 most ppl. just how it is. unless ur rich LoL... then ur always cute ;)

am i ugly? :D

Well i duuuno if im ugly or not like i stare at mirror but i cant tell if im ugly , good looking , average loooking i duno wth is wrong with me i just cant tell ,i usualy lack the ability of giving opinion about anything.
But recently( its been 3 , 4 years) i found out im ugly cuz when im walking somewhere like to school 99% of girls drop the heads and look at the ground or look the other way as soon as they are passing by me , LOL ,when they get passed me they look straight ahead again :p soo ye i guess im ugly

( sry for my bad english and if double posted this cuz the first time i was avout to post it my computer got all messed up i duuno what happend anyways )

Latest posts

Back