Is being ugly a problem?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you feel ugly?

• yes

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • no

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
NeverMore said:
Yea im very ugly, i'm extremely skinny, you can see my every bone, and my face is covered with acne that won't go away, and my nose is massive. People regularly make fun of my nose, calling it such deragitory things a "jew nose" for example, I don't know why I was made like this, bad genetics?

It's mostly genetics. Both of my parents are skinny and stuff, that's how I ended up skinny and unattractive. I wish I could get bigger muscles but no matter how much I work out there's only so far I can go. If it makes you feel better, I've had bad acne since I was 14 and have a big nose too.

mimizu said:
Does anyone else feel ugly like me? I don't know why did I have to be born this way. I am so deformed. I don't even feel human.

When I was younger I used to think I was decent looking, but now my hair is starting to thin as I venture into middle age. Makes me feel ugly. I try to offset the ugly factor by working out a lot. I'm a lot healthier now but I'm still depressed and alone. not sure why I bother.

I'm not ugly, I'm a bit of the opposite. But I haven't really felt confident about it either, I'm never really satisfied with my looks, I guess it just comes to low self esteem

It's mostly genetics. Both of my parents are skinny and stuff, that's how I ended up skinny and unattractive. I wish I could get bigger muscles but no matter how much I work out there's only so far I can go. If it makes you feel better, I've had bad acne since I was 14 and have a big nose too.
[/quote]

At least i'm not alone in this way, I don't even work out to try and improve myself. I used to work out to impress a certain special someone but that didn't go well...at all and is a whole nother tragedy, but anyway I don't work out any more I just sorta gave up..

Well, no, actually. I see myself as good looking, and people in general see me as good looking to exceptionally so. Sometimes I don't feel I look my best, and I blame most of those days on aging. Eh, what can you do?

There are some issues I have with myself physically. I think my posture is horrible. I think I might have a funny looking walk and run, and I know I don't usually sit up straight. I haven't gone skating in a while, but I feel like I'd look weird doing that too. I really should find a good workout, build up a bit. I don't really consider myself sexy in terms of muscles, but I do see a great deal of potential that could be realized with just a drop of effort.

jales said:
yea i feel not pretty most of the time.. but then there are days when I look in the mirrior and smile n just think.. dam you not half bad looking! lol. (once in a while.. but yea!)

I do this, but not just with myself... I do it with other people as well. It depends on what my mood is like each day. If I feel angry or down, then I will be more critical of myself and also of other people. Some days I don't think anyone is even the slightest bit attractive at all. But if I'm feeling good I'm a lot less hard on myself and won't be so critical of others at the same time.

A person's attractiveness changes with how I feel about them, too. If they're a horrible person, suddenly they aren't as good looking as they once were. They become dull and unextraordinary. If I warm to them, suddenly I am less critical of their appearance and the personality characteristics that attract me to them start to enhance their physical attrubutes.

diamond-dancer said:
A person's attractiveness changes with how I feel about them, too. If they're a horrible person, suddenly they aren't as good looking as they once were. They become dull and unextraordinary. If I warm to them, suddenly I am less critical of their appearance and the personality characteristics that attract me to them start to enhance their physical attrubutes.

Yup, this is how i see people too.
There are some not so good looking people out there (by fact, no offence) but they're really nice people, suddenly i find them attractive even though they don't look like it physically. So that's where "looks don't matter to me" comes in cos who the person really is like inside defines their beauty and ugliness.
But of course, there are some people who don't see it this way. *shrugs*

bluey said:
All buy you half a Guinness then and all stick with me BUD

Your a cheap date then lonelygirl lol my kinder girl ;)

Hee! I'm pretty cheap, but not in that way...haha.

Or so I'd like to think!

;-)

LG

I feel ugly because I'm ugly. Like I didn't get to choose what I look like, so I guess I'm just the unlucky child. Anyway, I'll kill myself ASAP when my mom die of old age or something. I just know suicide is the best option for me. I never been kiss by a girl and prolly never will. I look good if you look at me from the front, but on my side, I look deformed, and that why I can't even smile.

Well one should never forget that inner beauty can surface out and cover up ugliness or deformities.
Least that's how I feel.

i was always told that i was pretty,,,never though that i was though,,,,i can tell you something,,i have never went out with a gorgeous guy they just don't interest me at all,,,, i have always went for brains,,oh and i like a guy that likes to be funny too:),,,and bluey,,you have those qualities that i usually look for,,,,and my angel does too thats why i am so very much in love with him...

NewBirth said:
a problem 2 who 4 what?

Yes. Ugly people are repulsive. And when I used the word "ugly" I mean their disposition. Nowadays anyone can be attractive. With the right haircut and hair-care products, and clothes everyone can be aesthetically pleasing.

Colette said:
NewBirth said:
a problem 2 who 4 what?

Yes. Ugly people are repulsive. And when I used the word "ugly" I mean their disposition. Nowadays anyone can be attractive. With the right haircut and hair-care products, and clothes everyone can be aesthetically pleasing.

Is that really true? Will everybody think you are attractive when you take care of things like that?

I guess its a problem for me as I dont have the confidence to talk to people, or chat up guys because of how I look. (I know what you're gonna say, Colette, but I cant see it, and I've tried looking).
I dont think it matters in the slightest if your friends or people you care for are not what society would call 'good-looking', but everyone has a different definition of what good-looking or ugly is. One of my colleagues **** near laughed her arse off when I told her I had the hots for Seth Rogen (40 year old virgin, Superbad etc. Look him up). You wanna know what the most attractive thing is in a man in my opinion? A sense of humour. Funny guys are the cutest =¬)

To some yes. to every one else no.

Chris 2 said:
I just want to know?

I do think that some ppl just are not great looking no matter what they do. I myself walk with a limp and no matter how many good things I buy to where are what I do with my hair that's always going to be there. To some that's ugly and I do think the deformity of my actuarial body when I stand in front of the mirror in my birthday suit is disgusting. Some days I just cert bear to look at it my self. So how am I going to expect someone else to fancy it/me.

I mean am not going to walk down the street with my top of on a hot summers day and some girl go look at that fit guy there hahah that's just not going to happen to me.

But I do think I have a good sense of humour for all the good that's ever done me.

OK not my most positive post but that is how I feel.

bluey said:
Some days I just cert bear to look at it my self. So how am I going to expect someone else to fancy it/me.

See, that's the real issue. People believe what they see. If you feel beautiful and confident people will see that and be attracted to that.

Haven't you ever seen a guy who isn't physically attractive but yet for some reason women are throwing their panties at him? It's not cuz he's good looking.

Colette said:
bluey said:
Some days I just cert bear to look at it my self. So how am I going to expect someone else to fancy it/me.

See, that's the real issue. People believe what they see. If you feel beautiful and confident people will see that and be attracted to that.

Haven't you ever seen a guy who isn't physically attractive but yet for some reason women are throwing their panties at him? It's not cuz he's good looking.

No its cos they think he got a big -_-_-_ ;) hah

I have got a real deformed back tho D,,, Its stopped me from going swimming and I can get into center parks anytime I like for nothing as my mum works there but to many ppl always looking gives you a very bad complex of your self not to Manichean all the scars I have as well as the deformity plus the one leg shorter then the other (limp) I tell you the truth this is not in my head

ok you guys i guess asked for it,,now bluey deformities are not what makes a person,,,,now look at this guy

deschamps.jpg

now this guy is married and has a daughter,,,yes he also is a singer songwriter and plays the guitar,,,,and its not cause he is famous that he got a wife either cause he started going out with her in high school,,,see his parents always treated him as an equal,,,and he has always had lots of confidence in himself,,thats what makes a guy or girl get someone in there lives not looks

oh and he was born this way

Latest posts

Back