Is being ugly a problem?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you feel ugly?

• yes

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • no

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
bluey said:
Colette said:
bluey said:
Some days I just cert bear to look at it my self. So how am I going to expect someone else to fancy it/me.

See, that's the real issue. People believe what they see. If you feel beautiful and confident people will see that and be attracted to that.

Haven't you ever seen a guy who isn't physically attractive but yet for some reason women are throwing their panties at him? It's not cuz he's good looking.

No its cos they think he got a big -_-_-_ ;) hah

I have got a real deformed back tho D,,, Its stopped me from going swimming and I can get into center parks anytime I like for nothing as my mum works there but to many ppl always looking gives you a very bad complex of your self not to Manichean all the scars I have as well as the deformity plus the one leg shorter then the other (limp) I tell you the truth this is not in my head

Keep it up, Darlin'. *sarcasm* It seems like you're fishing for reasons why someone wouldn't find you attractive.

It doesn't matter much to me. And most of the people here (trolls excluded) seem to be beautiful people on the inside, regardless of how the look and all the honeysuckle in their lives. If you are nice then the way you look doesn't matter. And think about it, the guy to girl ratio is fairly even in this world. There are ugly girls and pretty girls, mean girls and nice girls, just the same as there are for guys. So basically, there are a lot of people out there and there's someone for everyone. Don't worry too much if you aren't the prettiest guy ever, that's fine. I know I'm not the only one to find really beautiful people intimidating. So don't worry about it so much.

Colette said:
Haven't you ever seen a guy who isn't physically attractive but yet for some reason women are throwing their panties at him? It's not cuz he's good looking.
no... its bcuz hes rich Lmao

had 2

now that i finally get this q though. the answer is yes. its a problem. we can all pretend the world doesnt work that way. but the truth is... it does

NewBirth said:
Colette said:

had 2

Nah, Sweetcheeks. They get the money from the rich guy and throw their panties for free to the guy they think is sexy. That's the law of the land.

Colette said:
NewBirth said:
Colette said:

had 2

Nah, Sweetcheeks. They get the money from the rich guy and throw their panties for free to the guy they think is sexy. That's the law of the land.

*nods* This is true. Quite true. But you don't have to be drop dead gorgeous to be **** sexy... though others may argue that one. I think it's more what you do than what you look like. :rolleyes:

Qui said:
Colette said:
NewBirth said:
Colette said:

had 2

*nods* This is true. Quite true. But you don't have to be drop dead gorgeous to be **** sexy... though others may argue that one. I think it's more what you do than what you look like. :rolleyes:

Yah, Sista! Can I get an Amen! ;)

Colette said:
NewBirth said:
Colette said:

had 2

this is mundane in terms of mathematics
im paying 4 panties... & getting panties some1 else paid 4
women overcomplicate everything Lmao

NewBirth said:
Colette said:
NewBirth said:
Colette said:

had 2

*Newbirth throws some large words in the mix*

Mathematics or Maths: Confindent + sexy + funny + physically unattractive men = no need to pay for panties. Unconfindent + physically unattractive = pay for panties. It's really quite simple.

What about:

unconfident + unsexy + unattractive
unconfident + unsexy + attractive
unconfident + sexy + attractive
unconfident + sexy + unattractive
confident + unsexy + unattractive
confident + unsexy + attractive
confident + sexy + attractive

:p

Colette said:
NewBirth said:
Colette said:
NewBirth said:
Colette said:

had 2

*Newbirth throws some large words in the mix*

Mathematics or Maths: Confindent + sexy + funny + physically unattractive men = no need to pay for panties. Unconfindent + physically unattractive = pay for panties. It's really quite simple.

This is what I get when I dont read a thread for a couple of days - a whole darn knicker fight kicks off!

My maths:
Funny + at least half a brain + good personal hygiene = sexy guy
Yes, thats right, smelly guys get no knickers/panties from me :p

Colette said:
bluey said:
Colette said:
bluey said:
Some days I just cert bear to look at it my self. So how am I going to expect someone else to fancy it/me.

See, that's the real issue. People believe what they see. If you feel beautiful and confident people will see that and be attracted to that.

I have got a real deformed back tho D,,, Its stopped me from going swimming and I can get into center parks anytime I like for nothing as my mum works there but to many ppl always looking gives you a very bad complex of your self not to Manichean all the scars I have as well as the deformity plus the one leg shorter then the other (limp) I tell you the truth this is not in my head

Keep it up, Darlin'. *sarcasm* It seems like you're fishing for reasons why someone wouldn't find you attractive.

I am looking for a reason why I am still single YES, you are dead right, and if that means reaping myself to bits to do that then that's what am going to do. They must be a reason why. The reasons I give are the ones that I think why I am still single.

I see guys that treat there girlfriends like crap yet there not single. I mean WTF is that all about when I am a nice guy but yet single. I know its been said on hear be for but I really don't think girls are into nice guys. [sarcasm]No fun are excrement in a nice guy is there. That would be far to save a thing to do.[/sarcasm] I mean girls wont a big strong man to keep them save. I am not big and am defernetly not strong. I am a nice guy but that just isn't sexy.

people have a problem with memory. lol. we need to be reminded of what it would feel like to be unhappy in order to appericate the good stuff. when people say girls dont like to be treated well.. maybe it's just that people dont react well to being treated too well. we tend to take people who treat us 2 well for granted because they dont remind us of what bad treatment is like, or how much worse off they would be if alone...

maybe.. i'm not sure of course. but i can say that i have experienced the same thing with guys. if u treat them too nicely, or if u dont play a little disintrested or hard to get they arent interested. i'm not sure why.. maybe it's cause they think that you are easy/slutty though. not sure... cud be that people need to be reminded of what they have though (or something so)

that doesnt mean you need to change though.. just look 4 a girl with a good memory lol.

seems to me sometimes...

guys can be uglier than women..........if they have enough confidence, and are funny enough, women will be attracted to them regardles of looks

Women...personally, I get excited about pretty women...just like sexy, rare sports cars though, harder to depend on, maintain, up-keep, expensive. etc.. just not to practical for everyday use

Anyone ever hear that saying..."Men like to test drive sports cars, but they buy pick-up trucks or station wagons!"

Well....I've made the mistake of buying the rare, beautiful sports-car, and trying to use it as a daily driver. Hasn't worked out for me too well.

My best/favorite female friends have been homely. easier to trust, for me anyway, easier to relax around, easier to be myself around. Easier to get to know. I guess I'm shallow this way...but really beautiful women can blind me to their true nature, and faults

Whoever said.."we learn from our mistakes" must've had me in mind when they said that.

Cosmic Kid said:
seems to me sometimes...

guys can be uglier than women..........if they have enough confidence, and are funny enough, women will be attracted to them regardles of looks

Women...personally, I get excited about pretty women...just like sexy, rare sports cars though, harder to depend on, maintain, up-keep, expensive. etc.. just not to practical for everyday use

Anyone ever hear that saying..."Men like to test drive sports cars, but they buy pick-up trucks or station wagons!"

Well....I've made the mistake of buying the rare, beautiful sports-car, and trying to use it as a daily driver. Hasn't worked out for me too well.

My best/favorite female friends have been homely. easier to trust, for me anyway, easier to relax around, easier to be myself around. Easier to get to know. I guess I'm shallow this way...but really beautiful women can blind me to their true nature, and faults

Whoever said.."we learn from our mistakes" must've had me in mind when they said that.

But don't you think that you are adding to the common misconception that attractive people are mean and unattractive people are nice. I don't find that to be the case.

bluey said:
Colette said:
bluey said:
Colette said:
bluey said:

I am looking for a reason why I am still single YES, you are dead right, and if that means reaping myself to bits to do that then that's what am going to do. They must be a reason why. The reasons I give are the ones that I think why I am still single.

I see guys that treat there girlfriends like crap yet there not single. I mean WTF is that all about when I am a nice guy but yet single. I know its been said on hear be for but I really don't think girls are into nice guys. [sarcasm]No fun are excrement in a nice guy is there. That would be far to save a thing to do.[/sarcasm] I mean girls wont a big strong man to keep them save. I am not big and am defernetly not strong. I am a nice guy but that just isn't sexy.

Don't even go there my friend,,hehe i have known all the oposit,,,lots of men being with women that treat them like honeysuckle,,,and **** good looking men sometimes too,,,so don't even say that,,,,,even my angel there is a girl in his life treating him like honeysuckle he still has feeling for that person,,,and he tells me he has feelings for me yet he can say that he loved her(go figure)so we can-not judge as we are not in there shoes;)

bluey said:
I see guys that treat there girlfriends like crap yet there not single. I mean WTF is that all about when I am a nice guy but yet single. I know its been said on hear be for but I really don't think girls are into nice guys. ..

I think girls think, and say that they want a nice guy, but usually the guy that is outgoing enough to catch their attention or sweet talk them is the jerks, cause they don't really care about the girl, so if she shoots them down it's like "yeah, whatever... *****!" Then they just go on to the next 'piece of tail' they see and try to pick that girl up (I know a few guys I can think of right off the top of my head that are like this). They only care about themselves, so they don't get hurt. While with nice guys, you go up to a girl you like and try to be pleasant with her and maybe see if she'd like to go out, and she turns around, tears your head off and kicks you in the balls.... the nice guy is devastated :(. I've heard before from girls that they end up with jerks because they're cute and have a strong personality, but just some flaws (like being a heroin addict) that the girl somehow thinks she has some magic power to cure (okay that was a specific situation). Another girl was going out with this guy cause he was massive... worked out all the time... he was even a pretty nice guy, but he always bummed money off her... she was paying for everything. The worst part was, she was a single mom supporting herself and her daughter, and here's this idiot bumming money off her. Grrrr... anyway just my experience... I gotta go work.

It's the girl in that situation that was actually the idiot. My goodness letting a guy do that to her and her children wasn't a very smart thing to do.

Ugly is not a problem for me. Cute guys usually have such awful attitudes anyway. Who really has time for that? I know that I sure wouldn't.

Lost in the Oilfield said:
Another girl was going out with this guy cause he was massive... worked out all the time... he was even a pretty nice guy, but he always bummed money off her... she was paying for everything. The worst part was, she was a single mom supporting herself and her daughter, and here's this idiot bumming money off her. Grrrr... anyway just my experience... I gotta go work.

Colette said:
Cosmic Kid said:
seems to me sometimes...

But don't you think that you are adding to the common misconception that attractive people are mean and unattractive people are nice. I don't find that to be the case.

Collette...the way I wrote it may not state exactly what I meant.

What I meant to say in a very bumbling way...... The wording probably wasn't chosen wisely to convey what I meant to say......

Which is...I have fallen victim to that common misconception, and do not intend to do it again...(never say never). It's is a misconception, you are right. I have believed the misconception to be true, and that belief of mine has caused me to make mistakes.

Even knowing all the while that Collette is very sensitive and very unforgiving of any stereotypical symbolism, unless she, of course, feels very safe that it's innocent...and not intentional....I still messed it up!

But, since you brought it up Collette...I can go back and get posts you've made...where you have inadvertantly shown your biases...Do you believe I can do that Collette?

Cosmic Kid said:
Even knowing all the while that Collette is very sensitive and very unforgiving of any stereotypical symbolism, unless she, of course, feels very safe that it's innocent...and not intentional....I still messed it up!

But, since you brought it up Collette...I can go back and get posts you've made...where you have inadvertantly shown your biases...Do you believe I can do that Collette?

I don't see sensitivity as being a negative character trait.

You most probably will find me showing bias. Hopefully to something positive and not negative.

Latest posts

Back