Is it ok to give a man on the street your number?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scorn_Dem17

Reaction score
I would love to go out and mingle.. but I DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO. I dont go to parties, clubs are bars..I dont want to go somewhere public and just sit there waiting for someone to approach me.. I feel bad because im always told im pretty so what gives?

Is it really okay to stop and talk to a guy on the street or does it make you look like a slut? Under what circumstances is it okay to stop for them?

This isn't really a reply to this thread, but Jales from this site is also from the near Jamaca

I would love to hear the answer to this question too, tho im not a pretty girl and I do go to clubs and bars ocassionaly, tho i find it really hard to have a conversation with someone when you have to shout the whole dam time.

I would like a pretty girl to give me her number on the street :p. but yeah, I feel like giving advise tho im not the type to preech what i dont practice.

That's a tricky question..

First of all, I'm a big believer of doing what you enjoy - so if you don't enjoy clubbing or parties or such stuff - Don't Do Them!

There are other ways to meet people. If you have hobbies you enjoy there is likely to be at least one club that's relevant.. Hang out there and see if you can find interesting people there.

I'm a paranoid-optimistic (yes, I know that's weird) so I tend to enjoy random conversations with random people in random situations - like a street conversation - but I tend to be a little worried about giving personal details like my phone number.. I guess it depends on the vibe I get from the person and what we talk about..

Again, do what makes you feel the most comfortable. If you enjoy talking to this person, exchanging a method of continuing the conversation (phone/email/IM) is not out of the question - though you could just as well plan to meet with them "same time same place" or something like that another day.. If that works 2-3 times, then it's *worth* having a better way to stay in touch!

Did any of that make sense?

Hugs!

Scorn_Dem17 said:
I would love to go out and mingle.. but I DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO. I dont go to parties, clubs are bars..I dont want to go somewhere public and just sit there waiting for someone to approach me.. I feel bad because im always told im pretty so what gives?

Is it really okay to stop and talk to a guy on the street or does it make you look like a slut? Under what circumstances is it okay to stop for them?
Well, that don't make you a slut but most people will treat suspected to you, cuz you know, not every day some girl start conversation with strangers.
But I can tell you that you must be confident when talking to someone new. My friend met his girlfriend in the bus. She came to him and start talking and he catch up the conversation.

So the main rule here is confidence.
The second is luck. People are different, what is good for one man is bad for another.

If you feel comfortable enough to do that, then sure. Personally, I'd have to really want to be interested in anyone to give them my number. No, it doesn't really make you look like a slut... It's just numbers. Not like you're giving your panties or bras away with your number on them...

well...is it okay to give numbers to a bunch of drunks in bars ? Evidently women going to single
bars thinks it's okay to do that...:p

Thanks you guys.. but what if the guy approachs you.. and asks for your number? These such be common sense questions.. but I dont get out much or talk to anyoneexcept my mother.. who also stays in except for work. Bare with me.

maybe you can get one those use as you go cell phone and give
out that number..or maybe set up an E-mail account.

Incase you get hurrase..you can always block the in coming number
or don't answer the e-mail. Or throw the cell phone away.

This way you don't have to give up the land line number or you're
mom's number.

Latest posts

Back