Little brother keeps beating me up

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although it started out as play fighting it looks like he's learned something he can do to get his "big brother" to do what he wants, he feels like he has power and is stronger than you, your Achilles Heel if you like. And the more you do for him the more it's going to reinforce it. My advice would be to put a stop to it, however necessary.

Your parents probably don't believe it's not serious and just see it as "boys will be boys", or that it's all exaggerated. Your father sounds similar to mine in the way that he expects you to get yourself out of situations like this.

You could try poking him in the side (between the ribs and pelvis) which will probably cause him to let go (Your hand is right there in the pic). I don't know if you've ever had it done to you but it's a weird sensation, between a tickle and pain. The harder you prod the more it becomes really uncomfortable. Or pinching a sensitive part of his body, like his toes or skin on his legs. But don't be afraid to hurt him because not only is it self defence but he's more likely to remember.

Sci-Fi said:
You have an 11 year old being a BULLY, whether he can beat you up or not. He's a BULLY and if something isn't done it will get worse and he will become a bigger BULLY. If you can't go to your parents and they would allow this to go on then I'm sorry you have ignorant parents. They should not allow their child to be a BULLY, especially to his older brother. You can do other things, you could build muscle, or you could just get in his face, yell at him, let him know he's being a BULLY, drill it into him. Go all crazy on him if you have to. Someone I know did that and it worked, although their brother was closer in age. That was before anti bullying and when parents were more like yours. It's sad to hear some are still like that, it's a different time now, bullying carries more of a negative stereotype than it used it. Use that to your advantage.

It's just my dad, when my sisters had arguments in the past his solution was literally to have them fight it out and then shake hands afterwards. Obviously that would be to my brother's advantage in this situation and I doubt a handshake would stop the bullying.

9006 said:
Although it started out as play fighting it looks like he's learned something he can do to get his "big brother" to do what he wants, he feels like he has power and is stronger than you, your Achilles Heel if you like. And the more you do for him the more it's going to reinforce it. My advice would be to put a stop to it, however necessary.

Your parents probably don't believe it's not serious and just see it as "boys will be boys", or that it's all exaggerated. Your father sounds similar to mine in the way that he expects you to get yourself out of situations like this.

You could try poking him in the side (between the ribs and pelvis) which will probably cause him to let go (Your hand is right there in the pic). I don't know if you've ever had it done to you but it's a weird sensation, between a tickle and pain. The harder you prod the more it becomes really uncomfortable. Or pinching a sensitive part of his body, like his toes or skin on his legs. But don't be afraid to hurt him because not only is it self defence but he's more likely to remember.

I don't really have a choice in doing what he says, I've been paying him £5 a day. If I don't pay him, he chokes me to near unconsciousness until I comply. What am I supposed to do, let him choke me out?

I've kind of given up on escapes, because after I escape he just puts me in another painful move and it's the same story.

Actually....yes let him choke you out, maybe it will scare the crap out of the little bully. Stop being your little brothers....for lack of a better word....*****. The more you let him carry on like this the worse it will get. You don't even have to actually pass out, just carry on like you are then fake it and lie there motionless. Your little brother is supposed to look up to you. He's being a bully and extorting you.

Sci-Fi said:
Actually....yes let him choke you out, maybe it will scare the crap out of the little bully. Stop being your little brothers....for lack of a better word....*****. The more you let him carry on like this the worse it will get. You don't even have to actually pass out, just carry on like you are then fake it and lie there motionless. Your little brother is supposed to look up to you. He's being a bully and extorting you.

While I've never passed out before, it's got close. I had wobbly legs and couldn't stand up one time, he started laughing. I seriously doubt he'd care if I passed out.

I'm not his *****, I'm just trying to be smart about the situation.

Maybe I can start going to the gym or something? Do you think he looks that much stronger? Maybe I can catch up quickly?

TheRealCallie said:
I still think you should learn pressure points. One little touch and HE will be the one on the floor.

Sounds too dangerous, I have no knowledge of pressure points or human anatomy and I don't want him in the hospital. (I do tbh but I don't want legal trouble)

kamya said:
This is fake.

I feel like this is fake too.

Assuming its not.

Theres a reason there are weight classes in fighting sports.  Punch him in the balls, bite him, do whatever it takes to get him to let go.

Tell your parents, hell tell his combat teacher, no martial arts school out there wants any student to bully people, its bad publicity.

garnett43 said:
I don't really have a choice in doing what he says, I've been paying him £5 a day. If I don't pay him, he chokes me to near unconsciousness until I comply. What am I supposed to do, let him choke me out?

I've kind of given up on escapes, because after I escape he just puts me in another painful move and it's the same story.

garnett43 said:
While I've never passed out before, it's got close. I had wobbly legs and couldn't stand up one time, he started laughing. I seriously doubt he'd care if I passed out.

I'm not his *****, I'm just trying to be smart about the situation.

Maybe I can start going to the gym or something? Do you think he looks that much stronger? Maybe I can catch up quickly?

garnett43 said:
Sounds too dangerous, I have no knowledge of pressure points or human anatomy and I don't want him in the hospital. (I do tbh but I don't want legal trouble)

Assuming it's not fake I just see excuses. You've had numerous people with advice, nobody is going to give you a magic word that will make it all better. To be honest I'm finding it difficult to believe that an 11 year old is that strong, (Strong enough to actually get you down to the floor into this specific "move") from the sounds of it you must just stand there and somehow let him do it to you.

Make him watch a really scary movie...video him being scared then threaten to tell all his friends.

Legal problems? If it's self defense you don't normally get charged with anything.

I'm not saying put him in the hospital intentionally. I think you should either talk to your parents or someone else with some kind of authority, or someone he respects.

kaetic said:
Legal problems? If it's self defense you don't normally get charged with anything.

I'm not saying put him in the hospital intentionally. I think you should either talk to your parents or someone else with some kind of authority, or someone he respects.

He's just a kid, police won't believe it's self defense.

9006 said:
Assuming it's not fake I just see excuses. You've had numerous people with advice, nobody is going to give you a magic word that will make it all better. To be honest I'm finding it difficult to believe that an 11 year old is that strong, (Strong enough to actually get you down to the floor into this specific "move") from the sounds of it you must just stand there and somehow let him do it to you.

Well, he is. I don't stand still.

Why would you fake this? Attention? Your pictures have bugged me for a while. The kid you say is your brother looks very different between the two.
Fine, we'll say you aren't lying. If your sister recorded it all she'd be a witness to all of this, not to mention the video. You completely disregard anything that anyone suggests about talking to someone who can actually help, and yet apparently after successfully blocking him once just to get pinned again you gave up. So what exactly are you hoping to get out of this? My last piece of advice... Stop paying him. Don't even carry money on you. Screw up his homework intentionally. Retaliate. Maybe if there's nothing in it for him anymore he'll stop... Even if he doesn't... You're 18 you can get a job and move out if your home life is so intolerable.

kaetic said:
Why would you fake this? Attention? Your pictures have bugged me for a while. The kid you say is your brother looks very different between the two.
Fine, we'll say you aren't lying. If your sister recorded it all she'd be a witness to all of this, not to mention the video. You completely disregard anything that anyone suggests about talking to someone who can actually help, and yet apparently after successfully blocking him once just to get pinned again you gave up. So what exactly are you hoping to get out of this? My last piece of advice... Stop paying him. Don't even carry money on you. Screw up his homework intentionally. Retaliate. Maybe if there's nothing in it for him anymore he'll stop... Even if he doesn't... You're 18 you can get a job and move out if your home life is so intolerable.

I think that's just the kitchen lighting.

Thanks everyone for the advise anyway, I think I'll wait it out until I move to uni in July.

Richard_39 said:
LOL Didn't see the part where he said he was 18.

Get a life, twerp.

Name calling isn't allowed here, no matter what the situation is.

Latest posts

Back