Looking for fellow gamers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brickinthewall said:
You should try Baldurs Gate series , Gothic 1 - 2 (one of the best rpg's I've ever played if not the best), Vampire the Masquerade , Neverwinter Nights. These are all older games , there are plenty of good new ones let me know if you want some more names.

yes, I've played many of those (besides Amnesia). i've replayed Gothic 1 and 2 many times; I almost never got into it because of Gothic's tricky control system. but i made an effort

I'm also a huge fan of VTM redemption and it's sequel, Bloodlines. I've read quite a few of the books released by White wolf, just so I can learn more on the backstory and make better informed decisions ingame! memorable stuff

btw i will try Amnesia; I somehow never heard of it but I'll take your word for it if you say it's that good. thanks for the advice

Rigel said:
brickinthewall said:
You should try Baldurs Gate series , Gothic 1 - 2 (one of the best rpg's I've ever played if not the best), Vampire the Masquerade , Neverwinter Nights. These are all older games , there are plenty of good new ones let me know if you want some more names.

yes, I've played many of those (besides Amnesia). i've replayed Gothic 1 and 2 many times; I almost never got into it because of Gothic's tricky control system. but i made an effort

I'm also a huge fan of VTM redemption and it's sequel, Bloodlines. I've read quite a few of the books released by White wolf, just so I can learn more on the backstory and make better informed decisions ingame! memorable stuff

btw i will try Amnesia; I somehow never heard of it but I'll take your word for it if you say it's that good. thanks for the advice

If you liked the Gothic series you should also try Risen. It's the exact same gameplay and everything , just different story (very good one).

Another RPG I found really really good was The Witcher , when I bought it and started to play it seemed weird , different and bad but when I got a bit further into the game I found that it was absolutely amazing.

Also if you haven't played , try Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic , one of the best rpg's out there !

I also definitely recommend Amnesia: Dark Descent. Really atmospheric game. The fact that you have no weapons makes it all the more scarier. Survival Horror isn't dead!

Has anyone played Planescape: Torment (quite an old PC-RPG)

xuchu5 said:
I also definitely recommend Amnesia: Dark Descent. Really atmospheric game. The fact that you have no weapons makes it all the more scarier. Survival Horror isn't dead!

Has anyone played Planescape: Torment (quite an old PC-RPG)

I finished Amnesia a few weeks ago! Bought it on a Halloween deal. You're right, really atmospheric, great story and a chilling soundtrack. I can't say enough about it.

I've played Planescape: Torment as well, great game with a brilliant story. Loooooots of reading though, but I'm fine with it. :)

I am going to bump this thread. Because it's the right thing to do.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is indeed a good game.

brickinthewall said:
Another RPG I found really really good was The Witcher , when I bought it and started to play it seemed weird , different and bad but when I got a bit further into the game I found that it was absolutely amazing.

I am playing this right now. Enjoying it a lot so far.

Rigel said:
can anyone here recommend some older RPGs, something similar to Diablo, Nox or elder scrolls maybe?

Nox... now there is a classic that I always seem to forget about. Anyway, I don't have any older recommendations but a newer game similar to Diablo and Nox is Torchlight. Pretty fun dungeon crawler although there's not much story to it.

Will try Torchlight, thanks! I have a thing for isometric rpgs, so it's always something when you find one that's finely polished and fun to play (specially since they don't make them no more)

Rigel said:
Will try Torchlight, thanks! I have a thing for isometric rpgs, so it's always something when you find one that's finely polished and fun to play (specially since they don't make them no more)

I should mention also that Torchlight has no multiplayer. That will be remedied for Torchlight 2, though. So if you are interested in online play you might want to wait on the sequel.

World Warrior said:
I should mention also that Torchlight has no multiplayer. That will be remedied for Torchlight 2, though. So if you are interested in online play you might want to wait on the sequel.

nah.. i was never into playing online. hell, I even play Call of duty in singleplayer

Hi there!
I'm pleased to meet another fellow gamer. : )

I'm mostly a PC gamer. I played on PS2 ages ago just so I could play God of War.
Anyway, some of my favorite games are Diablo 2, Titan Quest, Dragon Age 1&2, Planescape Torment(never finish though), Portal,
and The Witcher.

As for online games, I play Dungeons and Dragons: Eberron occasionally. I prefer to stick to single player games.

Oh yeah, and I love Plant vs. Zombies too! : )

No one plays Lord of the Rings Online! That blows. You should all change that. It's free to play for god sakes, and it's totally worth it to pay. My boyfriend and I need people to play with...

Other than that, I'm a console gamer. I only have my Xbox at the moment, and I don't have the money for Xbox live... I tried to get Amnesia on Steam, but my video card is a dick, and doesn't like games. :/ So I play LotRO....

i could never get into those online only games on PC. actually i dont play any PC games. i have my 360 and im good. just finished portal 2, need to do the co-op. now i want to give brink a try.

Loner gamer here, the only time I was active with online gaming was when I was playing FFXI, but that's pretty much it.
I only play single player games with enough replayability that I could play over and over, my favorite games are Bayonetta, Vanquish, Dragon age, Uncharted, Mass effect 1 this generation.

lone_drow said:
Hi there!
I'm pleased to meet another fellow gamer. : )

I'm mostly a PC gamer. I played on PS2 ages ago just so I could play God of War.
Anyway, some of my favorite games are Diablo 2, Titan Quest, Dragon Age 1&2, Planescape Torment(never finish though), Portal,
and The Witcher.

As for online games, I play Dungeons and Dragons: Eberron occasionally. I prefer to stick to single player games.

Oh yeah, and I love Plant vs. Zombies too! : )

Hey, pleased to meet you as well!

Played my share of Diablo 2 back in the day. Ran through Titan Quest not that long ago, it was good but it felt kind of dragged out. Played Dragon Age: Origins (great game) but haven't gotten to the second one yet. Portal is great as well, looking forward to playing Portal 2 eventually. Started playing The Witcher a while ago, but then stopped. Need to get back into it soon, as I was liking it a lot.

So yeah, I'd say you have good taste in games. :D

And to respond to everyone talking about MMO's; I checked out the free trial of Rift recently. Really solid game, or so it seems from the limited amount I played it. Personally I am not willing to pay monthly for a game anymore, but if you are interested in MMO's I would recommend checking it out.

edgecrusher said:
i could never get into those online only games on PC. actually i dont play any PC games. i have my 360 and im good. just finished portal 2, need to do the co-op. now i want to give brink a try.

I've heard mixed reactions to Brink. Some say it's "okay", some say it's really terrible. Probably good to do some research on that one before picking it up, I'd say.

SkuzzieMuff said:
No one plays Lord of the Rings Online! That blows. You should all change that. It's free to play for god sakes, and it's totally worth it to pay. My boyfriend and I need people to play with...

Other than that, I'm a console gamer. I only have my Xbox at the moment, and I don't have the money for Xbox live... I tried to get Amnesia on Steam, but my video card is a dick, and doesn't like games. :/ So I play LotRO....

I play LoTRO. :| Met some very good friends on it! :)

Cool, here are gamers too. (^^;) I play different mmorpgs, not anymore though, I need new computer first. :/

Latest posts

Back