Looking for fellow gamers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay! A gamers thread :D

I'm an avid console gamer and have been for years, probably because I my computer isn't so good at running games :/ But I may be getting a new one in the next month or so, so you never know, i might get into pc gaming a little.
But for now it's xbox 360 for me :) I'm into RPG's (Fable series, Elder Scrolls series-Can't wait for the new Elder Scrolls game, Borderlands, Fallout, Sacred,) Shooters (CoD, L4D,GoW, GTA and Battlefield) and other stuff like the Guitar Hero series, DBZ series, Naruto series etc

Night Owl said:
SkuzzieMuff said:
No one plays Lord of the Rings Online! That blows. You should all change that. It's free to play for god sakes, and it's totally worth it to pay. My boyfriend and I need people to play with...

Other than that, I'm a console gamer. I only have my Xbox at the moment, and I don't have the money for Xbox live... I tried to get Amnesia on Steam, but my video card is a dick, and doesn't like games. :/ So I play LotRO....

I play LoTRO. :| Met some very good friends on it! :)

What level and characters!? Maybe we can play together sometime! My bf and I have lvl. 34 Loremaster and Burglar, lvl. 22 hunters, and lvl. 15 Gaurdian and Minstrel. We always play together, but at least for our highest level characters, we really need some friends so we can progress. :)

Hi! I used to play LOTRO but it became tough finding people to play with when it came to the end game stuff. Most of the players work with their guild only nd if you have the misfortune of being in a guild that doesn't match how you play it can suck. Now I stick with PS3 games. Assassin's Creed (entire series), metal gear (same), GTA, Devil May cry, killzone to name a few. good to see other gamers here.

Hi! I used to play LOTRO but it became tough finding people to play with when it came to the end game stuff. Most of the players work with their guild only nd if you have the misfortune of being in a guild that doesn't match how you play it can suck. Now I stick with PS3 games. Assassin's Creed (entire series), metal gear (same), GTA, Devil May cry, killzone to name a few. good to see other gamers here.

SkuzzieMuff said:
Night Owl said:
SkuzzieMuff said:
No one plays Lord of the Rings Online! That blows. You should all change that. It's free to play for god sakes, and it's totally worth it to pay. My boyfriend and I need people to play with...

Other than that, I'm a console gamer. I only have my Xbox at the moment, and I don't have the money for Xbox live... I tried to get Amnesia on Steam, but my video card is a dick, and doesn't like games. :/ So I play LotRO....

What level and characters!? Maybe we can play together sometime! My bf and I have lvl. 34 Loremaster and Burglar, lvl. 22 hunters, and lvl. 15 Gaurdian and Minstrel. We always play together, but at least for our highest level characters, we really need some friends so we can progress. :)

My burglar and champion are 65 and I have a 25 hunter. I play on Landroval. Anyways uh I sort of got burnt out on the content so I stopped playing for now. :| I pop in every now and again though to talk to random people, may as well go F2P!

Night Owl said:
SkuzzieMuff said:
Night Owl said:
SkuzzieMuff said:

My burglar and champion are 65 and I have a 25 hunter. I play on Landroval. Anyways uh I sort of got burnt out on the content so I stopped playing for now. :| I pop in every now and again though to talk to random people, may as well go F2P!
You're not on Brandywine!? Fail. XD

SkuzzieMuff said:
Night Owl said:
SkuzzieMuff said:
Night Owl said:
SkuzzieMuff said:

You're not on Brandywine!? Fail. XD

Screw Brandywine too populated! Landroval is great, plenty of ppl to group with on the content. :D

This thread has been dead for a while... but I'm going to revive it!

Hopefully some new people will see the thread and decide to post, now that it's no longer buried.

skimmedmilk said:
Anyone have steam?

Yep. I use Steam almost exclusively for gaming these days (addicted to the awesome sales).

So if you (or anyone else) are interested in adding me on Steam, feel free to send a PM.

You guys should play free Korean MMORPGS!
They're the best...
that's when... I almost met someone in real life.. but I refused to..
D:

MindfulPerson said:
They're the best...
D:

I used to play...Gunbound. :O

There was another one that I played but for the life of me can never remember the name. It was back in 2004-06. Played a bit of Ragnarok too.

The only online game I've played (beside the odd hour tryout here and there) was a free korean mmo too. But it wasn't an RPG, it was a golf game called Pangya. It's pretty fun for a golf game anyhow. I doubt any of you plays it.

I don't like the mmorpgs I've tried, it's too much about grinding and that's not my cup of tea. But I don't enjoy shooters/sport games/racing games either...so I'm not much of an online gamer. I'm a single-mode gamer all the way.

MindfulPerson said:
They're the best...
D:

I wouldn't recommend anyone bother with free MMOs. After a while they either become a total grind (Korean MMOs in particular), or you end up in a pay-to-progress situation. So that makes them a somewhat futile endeavor.

I guess they're alright if you like MMOs, have some time to kill, and want to try something different. Not worth sinking any serious time into, though.

My main hobby is currently music, and I actually have no full plans to return to gaming, my old full-time hobby, but I do return in the off-chance. And I do know my gaming history for gaming chat.

Gamertag: GinkoSan

World Warrior said:
I wouldn't recommend anyone bother with free MMOs. After a while they either become a total grind (Korean MMOs in particular), or you end up in a pay-to-progress situation. So that makes them a somewhat futile endeavor.

That's what made me stay with Pangya for so long. In the first 3 years of the game, grinding was pretty much useless and spending cash was purely for aesthetic (aside from 10$ for a clubset). The winner was always the best player, not the one who grinded more/spent more cash.

But now, if you don't have cash and are just starting out, you better be ready to grind an awful lot. Sucks.

Latest posts

Back