Looking for fellow gamers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any league of legenders out there I don't already have on my list (wary)

Avid gamer. Own every current gen console and a PS2. Only play multiplayer on Playstation Network, though, because it's free :D . Don't really bother with PC because I can't keep up with upgrades.

Currently working through Fallout 3. Thought, based on the hype, and the fact that it was going for £5 pre-owned, I'd give it a go. I'm still wondering what all the fuss was about. Average graphics, tedious gameplay. Not much story, as yet. Still, we soldier on.

If anyone is on PSN, my username is jean-vic if you want to add me and play some time.

I think Fallout 3 nailed the survival feel and the challenge level on hardest pretty well (that is, as an RPG challenge level, where you are allowed to RP but still get through the game). That being said, I played for a while, and suddenly asked myself, why? It was endless hoarding items and trading and healing, survival, survival, survival. Survival horror is my favorite genre, but in those games, surviving means more exposure to (usually superior) plot-exposition, and horror set pieces. Those motivations were absent from Fallout 3. I don't think unclear / open goals and survival mechanics go hand in hand. You gotta choose one of them.

Pheenix said:
I think Fallout 3 nailed the survival feel and the challenge level on hardest pretty well (that is, as an RPG challenge level, where you are allowed to RP but still get through the game). That being said, I played for a while, and suddenly asked myself, why? It was endless hoarding items and trading and healing, survival, survival, survival. Survival horror is my favorite genre, but in those games, surviving means more exposure to (usually superior) plot-exposition, and horror set pieces. Those motivations were absent from Fallout 3. I don't think unclear / open goals and survival mechanics go hand in hand. You gotta choose one of them.

I know what you're saying. I'm sat here playing it, searching for the Declaration of Independence, against enemies that aren't toned down depending on character level (sans KotOR where the enemies advanced with the player), and all I can think is: "Where is the chase and how do I cut to it?"

I only have a DS. But I love it. And I got Pokemon Pearl today and completed GTA.

IMMA HAVE A FIRE CHICKEN >.<

Yeah, level scaling is horrible. That and health regeneration need to die horrible deaths.

condemnedsoul666 said:
I've played and have soo many of the pokemon games, I still ain't ever got a mew.

LOL, MEW 2 on Pokemon Blue and transfered to Pokemon Stadium. Mwahahahahaha!!!

On a different note, is Gypeelettenomg a serial spammer that has slipped through the net??? (5 posts and they all link to a site based around ??)

Well, I really should be getting to bed (work in the morn) but I just wanna get some Bit.Trip Runner in first. The last stage I did was

[video=youtube]

Pheenix said:

You should try the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series if you haven't already. Great open-world FPS survival horror games. I liked Fallout 3 well enough, but any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games blow it out of the water, especially when it comes to horror elements and overall atmosphere.

Anyway, I'm still looking to make some gaming buddies. Everyone/anyone; feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to chat about games, or anything else. I made the thread targeted at fellow gamers because I figure it's an easy topic to get to know people by, but it doesn't have to be the entirety of any conversation.

You can pm me if you ever want to, but I am too rarely in here to want to commit to initiating a conversation myself.

If (or hopefully, when) any of you guys get Human Revolution, do tell me about the health system. I abhor regenerating health but I hear you die in 2-3 shots anyway. But that mystifies me because that's usually reserved for stealth games.
Basically, I play games for the challenge, and try to find the very best possible route forward in my games, so that's the approach I am taking. If the regenerating health system gives a get out of jail free card to anyone patient enough to wait behind a brick wall, I'm not buying it.
I was really looking forward to the game though.

Play a lot of console games (not as much as i used to). Never really got into PC gaming though. Mostly down to the fact my laptop has always been piss poor for graphics. Mostly into RPGS.

Was mad about the Final Fantasy games growing up. Loved the Star Wars games aswel.

Play a lot of console games (not as much as i used to). Never really got into PC gaming though. Mostly down to the fact my laptop has always been piss poor for graphics. Mostly into RPGS.

Was mad about the Final Fantasy games growing up. Loved the Star Wars games aswel.

jean-vic said:
Is AC: Brotherhood worth buying?

absolutely. So much depth both in singleplayer as well as multiplayer although i have my qualms with the multiplayer

hbkdx12 said:
jean-vic said:
Is AC: Brotherhood worth buying?

absolutely. So much depth both in singleplayer as well as multiplayer although i have my qualms with the multiplayer

Cheers. Just, with it not being numbered I thought it would just be a short add on to AC 2 and didn't want to waste my money.

Latest posts

Back