My Plenty Of Fish Experince

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know one thing that was really weird, when I was on okcupid I would get tons of views banked up but none of the girls would message me first, I'll admit that's one thing I really pay attention to are the girls who send first.

No. lol

I hated most of the dating sites, although SinglesNet wasn't that bad for a free site.

OkCupid = bootycall central though. Yikes.

Badjedidude said:
WELL HELLO LADIES!! :cool:

LOL I totally heard that in a (hello) voice.

Dammit...Im still waiting for all these guys I'm supposed to be able to get to put in an appearance.
Where's the mens? :club: Show yourselves!!!

firebird85 said:
The point I was trying to make was that a woman who had any of those problems I described would still have options available. There'd still be men out there who would be willing to date her or marry her and take care of her. But if you reversed the situation a guy like that would be relegated to a life of being single.

what's wrong with that picture? why are men at such a disadvantage when it comes to dating and relationships? you really need to think about that. It's something you can only realize on an instinctual level.

If that was the point you were making, WHERE THE HECK ARE MY 50 LETTERS? Or did you expect me to actually count the, "Hey, u r kute, we shuld fresia" letters? Maybe I was I supposed to count the, "It's too bad you're too shallow to realize a guy older than your father is a great match for you" letters?

Why are men at such a disadvantage? Because a lot of them just don't bother to go for it. Heck, as I stated previously, I've even tried initiating things because I realize there are a lot of shy guys out there. They don't go for it, either.

Also, if you think BJD is irresistible as a jedi saying, "Hello" you should think of him with tentacles. Or maybe that only floats my boat.

Most popular thread I have ever made, not sure how a post I made about Plenty Of Fish turned out to be such an interesting topic.

Equinox said:
I heard the same voice. Coming from a jedi that's kind of irresistible.

You should hear me say it in skype sometime. :cool:

Urrbody lurves mah sexy voice.

lol

Skype? That's sooo 2005. :p

Making a desperate attempt to steer this thread back towards its original topic, here's MY Plenty of Fish experience:

I created a profile.
I browsed a little bit.
I sent a few messages.
I received a few messages (not from those I had sent to).
I answered a couple of the messages I received.
I never heard from those guys again.
I stopped checking the site. To this day I can't remember if my profile's still our there or if I deleted it. It's been a while.

Easy, simple, effortless. I have profiles on other sites as well, a couple of these I check once in a while. None of them has paid off in any way, but I don't fret over it. The thing about dating sites is that you get to consider a huge amount of information about a person. With just one click, you know their age, their interests, where they live (roughly), what they look like, and you also get an indication of how reflected they are by the way they choose to present themselves. Naturally, with so many bits of information available, it's easy to find a few things about a person that doesn't match you, and so you don't message them. To this day I have yet to find a guy through a dating site that matches what I'm looking for, lives nearby and writes me back. Granted, a few has written me back a few times, we've had a few conversations going, but suddenly I stop hearing from them; they probably lost interest or found someone more interesting or whatever.

Now, "matches what I'm looking for", I say? And what do I mean by that? Since there's been a lot of focus on superficial stuff (job, income, looks), I just want to clarify that none of these are in my top list of Important Stuff™. I look for someone who can share at least a couple of my main interests. Someone with a well written and reflected profile, that says a little more than "I like to party and hang out with friends". Someone who doesn't smoke. Someone who seems bright, and kind, and who doesn't have kids (getting more and more difficult at my age).

As a final treat, I'll reveal to you all the top 5 reasons I would not reply to a message I've received on a dating site:
5. The guy's profile is more or less blank. I don't trust people who won't say anything about themselves.
4. The guy's profile reveals one or more elements that doesn't match what I'm looking for (e.g. he's a smoker).
3. I plan on answering, but don't get to do it straight away, and already two days later I get a "WHY HAVEN'T YOU WRITTEN ME BACK??!!" message. That's a little too needy for me.
2. The message starts with and mainly consists of "I like your pics". I don't want to be approached just because of the way I look.
1. The message consists of nothing but "hi how r u?" If a guy can't be bothered to even write one single proper sentence, I can't be bothered to reply.

So there it is, ladies and gents, in all honesty, why dating sites have never worked for me and probably never will. And I'm okay with that. :)

I haven't read the whole thread, but I intend to do so over a few days. Like has been posted, I used to believe that a woman could get any man. Not anymore. I read a dating/weight loss blog, which changed my opinion. It's about a woman who - surprise surprise tries to lose weight and also wants to find a man. Her bad luck in the dating department is incredible. It's a long read, but it's interesting. Or at least I thought it was interesting. You may disagree. Here's the first post: http://lwfm.blogspot.com/2007/06/basic-stats.html Click on "newer post" to read the next one. That's the easiest way to read it, in my opinion.

I've been thinking about online dating for awhile-- never had the courage to upload a photo though and probably never will.

I've been thinking about online dating for awhile-- never had the courage to upload a photo though and probably never will.

My POF experience

Made an account,
I have had it for 5 or 6 months or more
sent plenty of emails most didn't even reply back
the ones that did reply back I emailed them again no reply....(just seems that they are not interested)
maybe it is because I only have 1 picture.
I even took the time of looking of how to write about myself and make it interesting
watched all of the helpful videos on POF
I am starting to think I am ugly and because I am 5'6
I have other dating sites that I go to but no luck there either...

on another note. I read about how beautiful women join the site and just sit there and wait for there prince charming with their impossible check list. Their check list is so hard to meet that they could be there forever and when he meets the check list she is bored of him fast after two dates... They don't try to get to know the average guy who is really interested in them..

I think I will try match.com

Attachments

• 224313_10150970495631669_832702567_n.jpg
    224313_10150970495631669_832702567_n.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 22
ForeverAlone92 said:
I think I will try match.com

Match and POF are extremely similar in how the women handle the dating sites. You would think that since they have to pay to send messages, they would be more into dating people but they aren't.

As a woman who was on POF a couple years ago, the experience was ok. I ended up meeting my husband on there.

Latest posts

Back