online dating sites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be slightly bitter, but I don't hate women. That's where logical arguments go out the window when you discuss DLR. People assume that just because you question why other people have it better, you're bitter.

I don't call that bitter. I call that logical, and an intelligent way to analyze the situation.

Of course, if I met a girl who didn't fall into that category, and I assumed that she had, all logic flies out the window. I have met girls like that before. I have met girls who are "hot" who like the geeks, and it's not because they have money, but because they can actually have a conversation with them.

I've met enough attractive women that are shallow, though, that I have a hard time believing that someone I find insanely attractive is into me, unless she explicitly shows it. That is from my own experience. Your reality is really based on your own experiences; I have learned that I am better off playing rock, and not blues, on guitar...that is based on my experiences of playing both, and realizing I'm a better rock guitarist.

well..I can rock it and drop a couple of notes to go pentatonic.
Add the option note. The corrrect term of the actaul Blues scale
Playing the blues is easy. FEELING it is hard....

**** music instructor say I shouldnt start a solo with honeysuckle loads notes, as a given rule.
I dont always follow rules. Don't like the word CAN'T...so it gose.
I can do things in a structure manner or simply just let it rip N go with the flow....

Dont know if i should drop or add women to my life...though.
It's all optional...I suppose.lol

[youtube]fwvJAJY5EOY[/youtube]
[youtube]kQtgHk_T9VQ[/youtube]

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Speaking of online dating sites, they are rigged for women and against men.

1. There are 4 times more women there than men
2. The women only respond to the conventionally attractive, or the top 10%
3. You have to have a perfect profile
4. Many times the women there are flaky and only playing games
5. The ones that are serious are unattractive, or single moms, and if that's not what you're looking for, you're screwed

I was frustrated and then was releived to know, that mnay men, even good looking mean experince the same thing. A lot of dating sites get to by using the hook and switch technique. They will so gourgous women, saying they sent you a message (bots), and they get you to pay to read message but not all

Plenty Of Fake (I'm sorry, I mean Fish. Plenty Of Fish), the a lot of the women there are so picky. Even says in their profile, that they are high standard. I emailed over 200 people only only got 5 response back, none of them went anywhere. Of course, I was messaging the good looking ones, a lot of good looking women have crappy personalities same for men.

I was on there for 2 years, on and off. When I read the POFsucks blog, I was kinda relieved that it wasn't be personally. In December, two days before Christmas, I had enough. I closed my account and never looked back.

A lot of the women have problem, looking for sugar daddies and most of all, looking for good looking men with lots of money, someone like Brad Pitt or something. ALl the people at pofsucks blog has the same or similar problems.

I simply can not live up to the expectations/standards or get their attention on POF. Another secret is. Most good looking girls are bombarded with messages, so they can just pick the best looking guy. I tried on to occasions making fake profiles of girls, gave a lame profile (even said I had Axpergers and struggling with social skills). I got one message after another, and couldn't keep up with them all. Most where just "Him How are you", met some great looking guys, but they were straight and I was posing as a girl, so it wouldn’t have worked out for me.

I couldn't believe the messages and chat requests I was getting. Even with a lame profile and not much efforts, just a few sentences about me that were real. One of the many reasons I wish I was a girl.

So that is the answer why girls often don't respond to guys and are so have high standards in their profile. Some are just plain bitchy. It is the get less massages and rake out all the messages and find the guy that suites her (or at least think he does).

If you want a girls attention on dating sites, you really got to put a lot of effort into saying something, and say something that stands out. I know it;s hard. WHat I find interesting, is that these girls are on there for over a year. I go back after a year and see some of the same girls. Just some, not most.

If you get a girls attention and you didn't give much effort or you not someone hot like Brad Pitt or someone, you'll lucky.[/b]

I manged to get approx 5 replied out of over 200+. I was honest, I tried not to sound like an insecure person who was just desperate, at least I got replies.

Here's another interesting thing, I will share with you.

Why are women going onto these websites? I mean, if it's so easy for women to meet guys, then why are they taking the time and spending the money to go to these websites? I'm talking millions of women here, all over the world. Well the fact of the matter is that women, have a hard time meeting men, because remember, most of the time, women wait for the guys to do it. You see, their sending out signals but most of the guys don't realize them. So what happens, the women ends up going home frustrated because she hasn't met anyone and the guys are frustrated because he didn't know what to do and when to do it.

Well, we completely eliminated that because we're using the internet. The fact is, it's hard for women to meet guys, and once you know this, it's extremely powerful because, they don't have as much control as you think they do. You see, it's all about your mind set, and once your realize that you're on a level applying for that that point because it's hard for them to meet guys as well. You realize that, you're not in that bad a of situation. Fact, you're probably in a better situation then here because typically, guys have to be proactive about this. We're the ones that has to make the first steps. You see, she's stuck waiting. All she can do is just get pretty. And look good for when she does meet someone. You don't have to worry about that because you're actually going out and making the first step.

So I think, once you understand this, you understand why women are on this sites because they're having a hard time meeting the guy, a good guy, then it's going to be a lot easier. You're going to have the upper hand. I learned this because I interviewed over a thousand women, and they all, each everyone one of them said “you know it's really hard to meet a guy when you're out. If I'm out with my friends, I don't want to bothered, the place is too loud, I get picked up by drunk guys”. Stuff like that. They don't want that, so this is a very easy way using the internet to meet tons of women, you'll normally never get an opportunity to meet.

Lost Soul said:
If you want a girls attention on dating sites, you really got to put a lot of effort into saying something, and say something that stands out. I know it;s hard. WHat I find interesting, is that these girls are on there for over a year. I go back after a year and see some of the same girls. Just some, not most.

I have found that getting them to respond is the easy part but then I find the initial e-mail to be easy and my profile is humorous.

After you get them to respond though, then things go downhill.
Most are too busy to talk and do not want to take away from their already busy life. Others are happy being alone and independent and do not want to screw that up by dating someone one. Then there are the ones that are looking for "the one". They are the ones that never can find anyone and always have an account.

Then there are the mentally ill ones. There was one female that added me to her "favorites" so I sent her a message. She then got pissed off that I contacted her. There was another that contacted me and then when I tried to talk to her she said she didn't have time to talk because she was busy. Since she was busy and wouldn't be able to meet me, she didn't see any point in wasting her own time e-mailing me.

It's too bad I don't drink or i could play a drinking game each time a female said she is "busy".

What's funny about Plenty of Fish is that the women are definitely picky, and then they have this type of thing going:

1. Massively overweight
2. Unattractive
3. Not very good personalities
4. 2 or 3 kids

I'm sorry, I could date someone who was a single mom, if she was slightly overweight, average looking, and had a kickass personality. But when you have all these negatives going against you, you can't expect Brad Pitt, or an underwear model.

I just view online dating as something that only benefits the extremely good looking and extroverted. If you even slightly are geeky, and you're a guy, don't expect luck on online dating. You'd be better off just joining an interest group, and meeting women through there. Or meeting a girl on an online forum, that is not for dating and you have an interest with (I've known many couples that meet through forums that are music related. I even online dated someone from a music forum, and it didn't go anywhere because we decided that it was not a good match.)

if you're a dude that dosnt really have his honeysuckle together...then what else would you expect?

I'll take my chances at a bar. i dont have my honeysuckle together. She aint got her honeysuckle
together. $10 for her drinks..if that. honeysuckle...they buy me drinks. They dont give a fresia either.
It's perfectly all messed up like that.If she fucks me...she fucks me.
What you see is what you get...no games.

Chick have a hard time doing the on-line crap and get sick and tired of it too...so they go
do the face to face thing again....

Been a family man...raised kids. 3 bedroom house 2 cars in the garage. 9=5 job,
and all that good honeysuckle. Plenty of experince and memories. its not a mystery.
I got that honeysuckle out of my system too.

Plenty of nice chicks at churches....Im not really to be saved or fixed yet.
Cant breathe walking that striaght narrow path into heaven or try to
fit into the fucken key hole of heaven's gate.

Plenty of healthy babes with a nice firm fit body jogging and exercizing about a local park.
They take care of themselves and dont have depression and honeysuckle.

Obviously younger women dont have no babies or less of them.
They cant cook worth fresia...but I dont care. I can take care of myself.
Put 12" subs in my backseat of my car to makesure fucken a baby seat cant fit in there.

I am a Christian, and I want a religious girl.

As far as being fixed, I know I don't have all of my honeysuckle together. But that doesn't mean I can't date, does it?

You are one of the most screwed up people I know, LC. If you can date, so can I.

It takes a ***** like her to love a basturd like me.
Alike attracts alike.
On the same wave lenght.
Chemistry.

Self acceptence. I cant love others nor accept others unless I accept myself first.

If you're going around in a state of lack...you'll attract lack.

If you're an imperfect dude looking for the perfect chick....you'll attract that..
An imperfect chick that's looking for Mr. Right.
Both dont get it. In a state of lack. Bascailly reject each other in the same.
On-line...face to face...it dosnt matter.

Im actaully a very love able guy. I love women.
I attrack love able women. They love men.
I dont judge them...They dont judge me.

WANTING is a state of being...A habit, an addiction, a life stlye, a condition.
Thou shall not want....Not so much that desire is a sin or some sort of guilt.
It's to get you into an awearness of HAVING. Fullfilment...a habit, a condition, a life style.
You also attract fulfillment...Love is something to share and give to one another.

Okay, whatever dude.

I guess, since I am a quiet, shy, geeky, introverted male, I will attract that?

That's wonderful. Exactly what I'm looking for. So where is she? :club:

what annoys me about this is, it's not just people on here, it's everybody.

fact is people are noisy, they ask me questions and well I wont lie so I tell them whats happening. I cant walk into my shop without somebody asking me the latest news. From now on I'm going to lie. I will say she hasnt been in touch.

My dad thinks she's a nutcase which is another way of saying she must be crazy to like a cunt like me.
I've had alot of 'be carefull' which is 'she's a scammer after your money' because like Ive said she must be, to be interested in me. Why a russian ? - Had that a few times. Well it's because english women aren't ******* interested ! Jesus ! How many more ******* times !

And anyway since she's not coming, whats wrong with sharing some emails with somebody from a different country. Jesus ! What the fresia is wrong with that ? At least she writes every day and doesn't disapear for months on end like all my other so called friends. Ive suggested waiting until next summer to meet. Which is perfect really. If she disapears or loses interest then okay she was probably after my money. But if she stays in touch a year writing a letter a day then maybe she might be interested. Me as well. The bloke who isn't supposed to be with someone because Im not good enough.

Rant over. End this thread, ******* sick of it !

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
What's funny about Plenty of Fish is that the women are definitely picky, and then they have this type of thing going:

1. Massively overweight
2. Unattractive
3. Not very good personalities
4. 2 or 3 kids

I'm sorry, I could date someone who was a single mom, if she was slightly overweight, average looking, and had a kickass personality. But when you have all these negatives going against you, you can't expect Brad Pitt, or an underwear model.

I just view online dating as something that only benefits the extremely good looking and extroverted. If you even slightly are geeky, and you're a guy, don't expect luck on online dating. You'd be better off just joining an interest group, and meeting women through there. Or meeting a girl on an online forum, that is not for dating and you have an interest with (I've known many couples that meet through forums that are music related. I even online dated someone from a music forum, and it didn't go anywhere because we decided that it was not a good match.)

Unfortunately I have found 0% chance of meeting anyone via an interest group or in real life. I'm stuck with online dating sites.
I do find a lot of very attractive women on the sites but I also know not to contact the very attractive ones. For one, most extremely attractive women have serious issues. Also I'm not in that league of attractiveness.

I won't date someone that has been married before or has kids. I still haven't figured out the whole dating thing. I sure won't be able to figure it out if there is a preexisting kid I have no feelings for.

dain Putter....
I said , I'd do anything for love. Nobody was going to stop me.
My family and friendss all warned me...and basically didnt help me.
Some of them even laughed at me.....
I asked for help because i knew my truck wasnt in the greatest condition to make
that long as journey..
I drove freaken at total of 1800 miles in 3 days. Thought i could make it 1.lmao
Will it fucken over heated out in the middle of nowhere in no man's land
in th middle of the night....Fucken dark, no lights, no traffic, no cell signals and not even
the fucken moon was shining....
I really really needed to take a mother fucken pissed too. Some of it got on my pants.
All i heard was cyotee howling and the sound of the cold wind....
Along...along...along...shivering and skarded shitless.
It wasnt a fucken myth or mediphore. Nor me just sitting in the comfort of my own home
or just going around the fucken conner. It might as will be me going to tim buck too...or russia.
It was about as real as it was gonna get. No mother fucken games...i wasnt playing a game.

Love just lands on my lap...O relly?????

I man has to do what a man has to do. No one...fucken no one or life was going to stop
me. Not even me.
Was it all worth it????. Maybe yes, maybe not.

So when it comes to me...hitting on some chick i dont even know. Young chicks, crazy chicks
nice chicks., hot chicks...It's all mother fucken down hill and child's play just from
the honeysuckle i had to go through in those 3 days to be with the one i love....I dont give a fresia.

Issues...I have fucken issues.
It has nothing to do with me getting off on my ass to do whatever the fresia I gatta to do to get what I want.

do what you gatta do...I aint judging you.

I think I prefer someone who is Christian, or at least has some belief in God. I want to believe in God, but this curse has me to itself. Cut off from God and everyone. It intervenes and makes me live my life the way it wants, sad and miserable. I get close to a girl, and something happens no matter what, even if it's just a quick conversation. I either end up doing something or she gets some hint, that she shouldn't talk to me. She gets a bad feeling about me. It's the curse giving her that. Maybe the curse is God, since it's supernatural, or maybe saten. I find it hard to believe it would be God, as God doesn’t do things like that to people. He would make people live a miserable livfe, even if they were a bad person.

Lost Soul said:
I think I prefer someone who is Christian, or at least has some belief in God. I want to believe in God, but this curse has me to itself. Cut off from God and everyone. It intervenes and makes me live my life the way it wants, sad and miserable. I get close to a girl, and something happens no matter what, even if it's just a quick conversation. I either end up doing something or she gets some hint, that she shouldn't talk to me. She gets a bad feeling about me. It's the curse giving her that. Maybe the curse is God, since it's supernatural, or maybe saten. I find it hard to believe it would be God, as God doesn’t do things like that to people. He would make people live a miserable livfe, even if they were a bad person.

Everything is fine with this russian lady. We are just writing to each other. Her visit has been put back until next year. If she's still writing letters next year then it's obvious she is serious about me. So it wouldn't be such a big issue sending her money. Why she 'loves' me from just my letters, I have no idea. Women are strange. Maybe she will get fed up and stop writing.

I do like her letters, they are sweet !

putter65 said:
Everything is fine with this russian lady. We are just writing to each other. Her visit has been put back until next year. If she's still writing letters next year then it's obvious she is serious about me. So it wouldn't be such a big issue sending her money. Why she 'loves' me from just my letters, I have no idea. Women are strange. Maybe she will get fed up and stop writing.

I am confused. I went back and re-read the entire saga.

So, at first, you let on that you weren't going to send her travel money, but that you offered to come and see HER.

But that didn't happen, so then you changed your mind and offered to send her money, but there was something wrong with her bank account?

Additionally, when you wanted to send her flowers, she has refused to give you her address or other identifying details? Computer problems so the PC she's using is at a friend's house etc? You don't even know for sure that the pictures she has sent you are truly of her. Her emails are sweet? Jesus H Christ already, of course they are! She wouldn't get far by sending bitchy emails.

And now any prospective visit has been pushed off for a year, despite the fact that she "has feelings" for you and intimated that when she was going to visit you you'd be intimate?

HELL NO.

This sounds like a major scam. I mean, like Nigerian Price level scam. Mark my words, she WILL be asking for money again.

honeysuckle, if I were an unprincipled whore, I'm sure I could whip up a profile with an alluring photo and start mass-emailing men telling them what they wanted to hear and hook someone. It's disgusting, and I don't like dating sites just because of the risk for lies and misrepresentation.

My advice, and I know you didn't ask for it but here it is anyway, stay away from the site for a while. I really think that re-involving yourself in life is a better way to meet people,men and women alike. Church groups, hobbyist groups, fresia, maybe even trivia night at the pub.

shesafrozenfire said:
putter65 said:

So, at first, you let on that you weren't going to send her travel money, but that you offered to come and see HER.

But that didn't happen, so then you changed your mind and offered to send her money, but there was something wrong with her bank account?

Additionally, when you wanted to send her flowers, she has refused to give you her address or other identifying details? Computer problems so the PC she's using is at a friend's house etc? You don't even know for sure that the pictures she has sent you are truly of her. Her emails are sweet? Jesus H Christ already, of course they are! She wouldn't get far by sending bitchy emails.

And now any prospective visit has been pushed off for a year, despite the fact that she "has feelings" for you and intimated that when she was going to visit you you'd be intimate?

HELL NO.

This sounds like a major scam. I mean, like Nigerian Price level scam. Mark my words, she WILL be asking for money again.

honeysuckle, if I were an unprincipled whore, I'm sure I could whip up a profile with an alluring photo and start mass-emailing men telling them what they wanted to hear and hook someone. It's disgusting, and I don't like dating sites just because of the risk for lies and misrepresentation.

My advice, and I know you didn't ask for it but here it is anyway, stay away from the site for a while. I really think that re-involving yourself in life is a better way to meet people,men and women alike. Church groups, hobbyist groups, fresia, maybe even trivia night at the pub.

She never asked for money, just said she didn't have enough for the trip. I told her I would never send any to her. She still wrote to me. I then offered to send the money after a change of heart. But her bank account was having problems. So I suggested her coming next summer instead. She has agreed. So it's just letters for now.

Your the 1000th person to say it's a scam. People are cynical these days. A scam artist would have all her bank details ready and waiting. And they wouldn't mess about for a year with someone, writing letters everyday. No way ! They would move onto the next person.

Anyway, that's the last I'm saying on the subject.

shesafrozenfire said:
putter65 said:

HELL NO.

I don't bother with the site anymore, I cancelled it. We send emails to each other. her photo's aren't model like, far from it. Just a normal 40 odd year old woman smiling at the camera.

Waiting a year is the best thing. It was all too quick anyway. The money she asked for was pocket money to me anyway. It wasn't a big deal. She may get fed up writing, a year is a long time.

It's allright saying 'meet people' but the number one thing people do where I live is drink. And I don't.

Latest posts

Back