online dating sites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limlim said:
I haven't gotten a single message from a woman on a dating site! All I hear are excuses like "You're not part of the site" and "You didn't make a profile" and garbage like "This is a tech support forum, not a dating site" like, what the fresia? Total bullshit I tell you.

I blame women.

i know that feel, bro. :p

all my messages have been either

icebreakers which are messages women send to every man
or scam ones from russians

everything is a con though isn't it ?

I've been trying to find some conclusive evidence that this russian lass is lying. I have been doing google searches on her name, city etc, email traces and IP traces etc. No real luck so far. Thing is when you do a search on a email address you have to pay for the results. Just pay xx amount to see results ! - everybody everywhere is trying to con money out of me !

She asked for the travel money, £808 quid. I sent a email saying once she's in my country I will pay it but I won't ever send it to her. Not heard from her since.

It's sad how much I am looking forward to her emails though.

Every day I wait for them. It's like somebody cares about me, somebody is bothered.

I can't find for definate that she is a con artist. So I have that nagging doubt in my head that she is for real and she means what she says. Common sense : She is a scammer. Yet I still want to believe a woman cares for me and loves me.

I feel your pain. It's weird how attached you can get to someone just over the internet..
But how much time have you spent getting to know each other so far? Remember that travelling from abroad to meet someone you've met online is a very big step.

Oldyoung said:
I feel your pain. It's weird how attached you can get to someone just over the internet..
But how much time have you spent getting to know each other so far? Remember that travelling from abroad to meet someone you've met online is a very big step.

we've been writing emails to each other since May 15th. One email a day each usually. One 2 minute phone call as well.

I have got attached to her. She was all set to come to England to see me. I was looking around the shops for a double bed for gods sake !
She implied we would be sleeping together. And then she said she didn't have the money. I don't know her full name or address even though I've asked for it. She doesn't have a home phone either.

That isn't a very long time. Maybe you should slow down a bit?
For comparison, I've been talking with a woman online for 5 months, and I don't even know what she looks like. And we've definitely not talked about visiting each other..

As for communication, is it all over email? It is easier to get to know people if you get to chat with them. Preferably voice chat/webcam.

sth said:
putter65 said:
She asked for the travel money, £808 quid.
This doesn't sound good.

i know, i told her I would never ever send it to her. I mean that as well.

Oldyoung said:
That isn't a very long time. Maybe you should slow down a bit?
For comparison, I've been talking with a woman online for 5 months, and I don't even know what she looks like. And we've definitely not talked about visiting each other..

As for communication, is it all over email? It is easier to get to know people if you get to chat with them. Preferably voice chat/webcam.

it's all email. And she was the one who speeded things up and wanted to meet. She started with the 'romantic stuff' - and we met on a dating site , she sent me a message, she's a con 99%, Im sure of it. wish I could catch her out though.

Not heard from her for 2 days now. I think my 'i will never send you money' did the trick.

It's been an eye opener. Never been thru anything like it. I guess some poor men do get scammed out of money. The whole online dating experience proved to be a disaster.

Try Singlesnet. I did very well with getting dates on that one. Some could have turned into relationships, but unfortunately, I realized I wasn't ready.

WishingWell said:
Try Singlesnet. I did very well with getting dates on that one. Some could have turned into relationships, but unfortunately, I realized I wasn't ready.

cheers. Hope it's free, don't fancy spending any more money.

the russian lady came back. Sent me an email saying she's been ill for 2 days. (Her pc packed in, so she writes her emails from her friends house !) - There are so many details in her story, sometimes I believe it.

She hasn't got the money to travel and see me. I won't send it. (I have the money in bank doing nothing as well) - so it's stalemate.

Anybody got any idea's ?

Latest posts

Back