online dating sites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that some dating sites can work out in the end, depending on the circumstances.

This is more tricky than people think. She wants £808 for travel money. That is a months pay for me, I have thousands in bank. It's not a large amount for me. Of course I don't want to lose it or get ripped off but what I don't want is to live my life thinking I wasted an opportunity here.

'Don't send money' - is the standard piece of advice from everybody. If I accept I may lose it then all his good.

Of course it's very problematic. How do you transfer money ? Meeting her at the airport is another problem, trains cost a fortune in England. I think once she gets here, everything will be fine.

The question is 'do I take the chance ?' Or 'do I play it safe ?'

Honestly Putter,

You might consider seeking therapy or a relationship conselor.
At the very least down load some PUA books, how to pick up women,..ect
Your time and money might be better spent or serve you better.

I know you're seeking a relationship with a woman and had ran into some bad luck.
But at the sametime...you go way the heck out of your way to play victim.

You know it's scam. Everyone knows it's a scam.
As you said...it's not serious and it's just a game.
However...you continue to want to play this stupid game and you're more cuaght up
in it than you tend to believe.

I know i have women challenges. Even with the 25 year old Im running
around with. It's like playing with fire but we both knew from the get go.
nothing serious would come of it. Wheather you call it a fling, freind with
benifits or just ******* around to pass the time.
Im not confuse about the matter nor she.
Im not her victim nor she's mine.....
She even knows one of my exgf rather well that I kicked to curb. Im straight up like that.
I also knows she's only 25 and she's not ready to settle down. She's straight up like that.

Yes, Putter..
I know what it's like to what the special someone in my life. The love of my life.
And I would do anything, go to the end of the earth and give everything for her.
And it cost me everything, my bank account, my heart, my soul, my sanity....

Sterling said:
I think that some dating sites can work out in the end, depending on the circumstances.

I think it also depends on what dating sites you go to. I have a few friends that met their husbands on dating sites. It's all in how you look at the sites and what you expect to find and how you present yourself.

Lonesome Crow said:
Honestly Putter,

I know you're seeking a relationship with a woman and had ran into some bad luck.

However...you continue to want to play this stupid game and you're more cuaght up

I don't need any therapy, thank you !

I've had a long conversation with my brother on the phone. He reckons I should go to russia and see her. He understands my point of view though. A months pay isn't that much. I am willing to take the risk. If it goes belly up, I won't complain about it. I will move on and put it down as an experience. I have money in bank not doing anything. I can save that money up in 3 months easy.

I am not like you. All you do is walk into a room and all the women jump on you. Spare a thought for people like me.

I haven't even given any money yet anyway. I am taking it a day at a time. There is nothing to suggest that she isn't legit. I am mulling it over. Maybe I will forget about the whole thing ?

putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Honestly Putter,

I've had a long conversation with my brother on the phone. He reckons I should go to russia and see her. He understands my point of view though. A months pay isn't that much. I am willing to take the risk. If it goes belly up, I won't complain about it. I will move on and put it down as an experience. I have money in bank not doing anything. I can save that money up in 3 months easy.

I am not like you. All you do is walk into a room and all the women jump on you. Spare a thought for people like me.

I haven't even given any money yet anyway. I am taking it a day at a time. There is nothing to suggest that she isn't legit. I am mulling it over. Maybe I will forget about the whole thing ?

They all dont jump on me.
FFS, fat women cant jump...only the skinny ones with big titays do.
It's a good thing they have big tits...sometimes I ma too fucken
drunk and drop them. Built in air bags...

They shouldnt be leaning on me anywho.
If they dont expect me to be holding them up, Then they dont have to worry about fallin down..when I aint right.lol

Lonesome Crow said:
putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Honestly Putter,

If they dont expect me to be holding them up, Then they dont have to worry about fallin down..when I aint right.lol

I tend to get really old women interested in me. 80 year olds !

putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:
putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Honestly Putter,

I tend to get really old women interested in me. 80 year olds !

I tend to get women in their mid 20's to early 30's.
Probably because Im a good daddy. My children loves me.
All my children are females....
I tend to treat these women very kind, loving and gental.
Lots of understanding. Lots of listening. Non judgmental
No demanding with little to no expectations.
They dont really see me as a father figure...
At the sametime thier very playful with me as if thier like a little
child.( Because I use to play with my girls...have tea parties
or barbies with them. Get lost with them in a fantacy world
or make believe world...just for fun and giggle)
They can breathe and be themselves around me. let down
their grauds. Feel good about themselves. Feel good about life.
Im not ashame of thier sexiness or womanhood. I compliment
them all the time. No guilt and shame. I know Im dealing with
an adult...a full grown woman that can make up her own mind
and choose whatever she wants to do.

All my daughters are all in their early 20's. I have good relationships with them.
They talk to me openly about their lives and what they go through.
I love my girls unconditionally no matter what....
I just listen to them alot...listen and listen and always let them know i love them.
I dont give my girls advice, tell them what to do or judge them.
Tell them jokes...they laugh....Feel good about themselves. Feel good about life.
So..I do tend to understand women a little bit more than an average guy.

So the women I meet tend to pick up on certain things...they open up to me.
You'll be amaze how much a woman will tell me about herself with in the first
5-10 mins. Personal stuff too..that they'll just blurr out because one conversation
leads to another than to another.

Lonesome Crow, not everybody is you. And it shouldn't be all about you, anyway. It's about putter.

Some guys are just unlucky in love, and it's not because it's their fault. They just have to try a little harder than guys who are cool musicians, good looking, and have been having sex since the early days of their teens (I understand putter's sex, outside of hookers, is limited.)

Not trying to make you feel bad, putter. But the truth is that you need to stop getting frustrated, and seeing what type of woman you really can attract. Look for someone with a beautiful heart, not beautiful boobs, for instance. No, you don't have to go out with an 80 year old, but someone your age, and someone who's on your level.

Muse...

Muse....

I dont believe you actaully read what I write.
It just gose over your freaken head......

When I say..I LISTEN and LISTEN and LISTEN and LISTEN to women.
It's in the nieghbourhood of.It aint all about me.

Cant fix stupid...

ahhh... just found out someone I have been talking to on the dating sites is yet another female who isn't interested in dating people because she likes to be independent and on her own.

There are so many women on dating sites that do not want to date or meet people. I really don't get why they are on there.

LC, if you want to make this all about you...

You are a musician
You are athletic
You are good looking
You have had success before

The OP is...

An accountant
Not athletic, and overweight
Average looking, going by what he states
Has not had very much success before

Nobody here is acting like an idiot except you. You obviously aren't reading the OP's posts, and would rather just read your own.

Make a blog.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
LC, if you want to make this all about you...

You are a musician
You are athletic
You are good looking
You have had success before

The OP is...

An accountant
Not athletic, and overweight
Average looking, going by what he states
Has not had very much success before

Nobody here is acting like an idiot except you. You obviously aren't reading the OP's posts, and would rather just read your own.

Make a blog.

I work in a shop
I'm not overweight
Worse than average looking
Correct, not much success.

I don't go for women with big tits either. Just normal looking women who are nice and sweet.

Looks do matter.

When I had bad glasses and was overweight, I wouldn't get any attention.

I still am slightly overweight, but women seem to consider me now, where they wouldn't before. If anybody says that women are less shallow than men, they are DEAD wrong! If anything, they're more shallow.

But I also knows what it's like to hated just for my looks...
I grew up at a time when biggotary and hatred was the norm.
I was the minority, minority...even black people made fun of me.
I was the only asian kid in shool throughout most of my early education
through HS. Hatred and biggorty continue to effect all relationship I have
with women....They're family and friends.
I also know plenty of women wont have anything to do with simply just becuase
of my look or rather my race.
There's nothing...absolute nothing i can do about the colure of my skin (how I look)
I cant burn it off or loose it.....

I also know the pyschological effects it can have or a person..to be bullied, picked on,
made fun of, put down...ect Some people wish I was dead and it would be a better
place for the world if I was in it.
To make me feel ugly on the inside and outside. Treated like a second citizen or
as less than an animal...Some peoplee treat their pets better than me.

Perhasp i come across angery at times..maybe I am angery.
It's unfair no matter how you slice it or dice it...living in my skin.

Im not playing the victim anymore. The world can just kiss my mother fucken ass....
it will always hate me and continue to hate me...Thats not my fucken problem anymore.

I have plenty of fucken excuse too....Excuse me for fucken breathing :)

They all wanna fresia my daughter though.
She's such a fucken whore.....
My blood runs through her vains....
The mark of the beast !!!!! :p
We're Evil...our purpose in life it to steal all your poor souls and put it in a jar.lmao
markofthebeast.jpg

Speaking of online dating sites, they are rigged for women and against men.

1. There are 4 times more women there than men
2. The women only respond to the conventionally attractive, or the top 10%
3. You have to have a perfect profile
4. Many times the women there are flaky and only playing games
5. The ones that are serious are unattractive, or single moms, and if that's not what you're looking for, you're screwed

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

5. The ones that are serious are unattractive, or single moms, and if that's not what you're looking for, you're screwed

Maybe, just maybe, you are simply bitter. Women are far less shallow then men (look at "unattractive guys with "attractive women). Personality makes a huge difference for both sexes, but for men its more important. You seem very shallow too, complaining about unattractiveness, single moms..etc.

Maybe you should change yourself a little bit, since clearly what you're doing now isn't working.

As for putter, I think he really needs professional help. There are probably a few million people making money scamming lonely people like him. And clearly he is shallow as well since he's willing to spend a month's wages on a woman hes never met, just because her online profile shows a very attractive woman.

Some men really are completely clueless. If you've been doing the same thing for 'xx' years, and his hasn't yielded success, clearly you need to change something.

passage said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Maybe, just maybe, you are simply bitter. Women are far less shallow then men (look at "unattractive guys with "attractive women). Personality makes a huge difference for both sexes, but for men its more important. You seem very shallow too, complaining about unattractiveness, single moms..etc.

Maybe you should change yourself a little bit, since clearly what you're doing now isn't working.

As for putter, I think he really needs professional help. There are probably a few million people making money scamming lonely people like him. And clearly he is shallow as well since he's willing to spend a month's wages on a woman hes never met, just because her online profile shows a very attractive woman.

Some men really are completely clueless. If you've been doing the same thing for 'xx' years, and his hasn't yielded success, clearly you need to change something.

she isn't a very attractive woman, just normal looking.

And I offered to send her the money but she said there is a problem with her bank account. So I can't send it. Not sure a scam artist would do this. Get your facts right, Passage !

putter65 said:
Oldyoung said:
With my more or less low self-esteem, I doubt I would last long on a dating site. It's such a competitive arena. And there are so many confident people out there, who don't think putting a picture of themselves online is a big deal at all. What's the point in playing a game you will always lose?

I agree with you, I stay well clear of dating sites normally.

About a week ago, I was messing about on google and I typed 'dating sites for ugly people' - I was surprized when I got results. I joined one. I don't think it is any different to any of the others.

I've sent quite alot of messages and got nothing back.

Regarding this Russian lady. I can't help think it is a con of some kind. The times of her emails aren't the same as UK time. Her profile stated she lived in the UK but her advert has disapeared. She was too nice, too keen to get in touch. It's sad because I thought she was interested. I had all these crazy thoughts today of meeting her etc.

oki doki

putter65 said:
kinzeUK said:
putter65 said:
I sent a letter to the russian saying I would come and see her not the other way round. I've not heard anything from her since.

When it started I was 1% genuine, 99% con. As it went along it did get to 50% either way. I was making plans, telling my Mam stuff. I did think this honeysuckle was actually happening. I was always waiting for the red flag email asking for money. I'm glad I didn't spend a penny on her, I spent £40 on the dating site which proved a waste of money. She looked nice from the photo's and sounded nice but i think it was probably someone else writing the emails. The russian who rang me up was probably some random woman used to make it more authentic. I thought it was odd when she rang me at 6.30pm my time. She was 5 hours ahead and said she never had a phone so she would use the post office. So she was ringing me from a post office at 11.30pm ? Don't think so !

I told people at work and it was mostly a funny story to tell people to cheer them up. They all cracked up when I said I was going around the shops looking at double beds !

It's sad that no genuine women are interested from the dating site. At the best I exchanged 3 or 4 messages with one woman who played a bit of golf. But she lost interest.

It was addictive receiving emails though and I did find myself waiting for them to come.

I really do feel for you, mate. I can also relate as you probably realise to at least some of your story (certainly the part about waiting for replies, even though I knew deep down in my heart that this just couldn't be genuine).

One of the laundry list of things I HATE about depression, is its ability to rob you of even seemingly 'normal' intelligence. One feels progressively dumber as time goes on. I realise there is a technical reason for this as far as the brain goes, but still. Doesn't help matters.

And to anyone else who might be in this sort of position or think they might, flash that link I put up@russian scammers dating site. They'll soon get the idea.

People can be real ******* parasites

:(

well I've cut to the chase and asked for her full name and address. I said I wanted to send her some flowers.

I said to her in a letter that if she couldn't come and see me, I would go and see her in Russia. I didn't think I would hear from her again but I did and she sort of agreed to it. I have gone back to the possibility that she may be genuine. (Only about 5% !)

lol

So it's 99% genuine and 1 % con

my bad...I have D dyslexia.

Its not rocket science...your bro was also looking for you....telling you to go to russia instead of sending money.

Good luck with your serch for love. Every man must make his own decision and take that risk.
Im not much different than you. i risk it all and I'll risk it again....I love her that much.
Just wish I have more than a collection of home made porn to show for it, at the moment.

Life gets crazier as I go. Never thought I'll be making grips of porn with a 25 yr old either.
She likes it and intiate everything.....maybe im just too old minded for the younger generation..IDK
Love remain elusive to me just the same. I have $50 tops into the girl. Cheap ass dinners
and a couple of her porn outfits. You get what you pay for ...I guess. Idk.

More and more Im being told Im just like my Birth father. The man never raised me.
His blood runs through my vains just the same. honeysuckle loads of women in his life.
Genetics, product of my enviorment or fate...idk
Its weird to me no matter how I look at it.

Latest posts

Back