online dating sites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met my boyfriend on a dating site. I'm from a small town, so meeting men was hard for me. I have had very bad experiences on the site, married men, liers, psychos.... i could write a book. In the end, i put a simple profile. I contacted my boyfriend, he had no photo, his profile was short but seemed honest. We chatted alot and when i realised i could be interested i asked for his photo, because physical attraction is important also. At first i was not impressed by the photo, but kept talking anyway. He said most girls stopped talking to him after seeing his picture lol. When we met, he was much more handsome than his picture. we've been together 5 months now, and still very happy.

whispers said:
I met my boyfriend on a dating site. I'm from a small town, so meeting men was hard for me. I have had very bad experiences on the site, married men, liers, psychos.... i could write a book. In the end, i put a simple profile. I contacted my boyfriend, he had no photo, his profile was short but seemed honest. We chatted alot and when i realised i could be interested i asked for his photo, because physical attraction is important also. At first i was not impressed by the photo, but kept talking anyway. He said most girls stopped talking to him after seeing his picture lol. When we met, he was much more handsome than his picture. we've been together 5 months now, and still very happy.

well I'm glad it worked for you !

I had a message from a lady this morning. There was no photo but I still answered it. She mentioned my message to her. Later on I realized I didn't even send her a message. She lives in a different part of the country. So it was probably a fake message to get me to pay more money.

I think my photo would put off 99.9% of women.

I see a few women complain on there, they say 'all I want is a decent and honest man' etc - I send them messages and they are not interested.

One of my friends on facebook, this lady who I used to work with; I've always liked her.

Anyway yesterday I sent her a message asking her how she was etc. I also told her I wasn't seeing anybody at the moment. She replied asking me why and saying you'll meet someone some day etc. It just seems ironic that she is saying that.

There are loads of women I know who I like. Some are married and some are single. If any of them were interested in me, I would jump at the chance !

I've had way too many married women on dating sites come after me in the past. Luckily most sites screen for married women these days.
But then I've had married women in real life come after me too.

Limlim said:
Probably not a good idea to jump at the married ones.

not planning too ! lol

Just the way i wrote it, not all of these women are married or in relationships. Some are single and they complain about been single as well. I would be interested in these single ones. But like always they are not interested.

I've had fake messages sent to me too, i just think people write one message and send it out to alot of people.
What was interesting is that me and my cousin were on the same dating site, so we would help each other out. If we both got the same message from the same guy, lol, he was out. Once i had a date arranged with someone, and he went and messaged my cousin, he wanted to meet her the day after our date lol, i cancelled.
I have dated a man, then realised he wanted nothing serious, i asked him why he said on his profile that he wants a serious relationship? His answer...If he says he only wants sex, he will get sleezy girls.
I tell you i still dont have it all figures out, i'm just glad i'm out of it now, and was lucky enough to find someone honest.

Men are known to send out mass e-mails to women hoping for a response.
Dating websites are basically designed for that. Men are expected to swamp women with messages and women are expected to just respond to ones they like and ignore the others. It's rare for women to go out and ask guys out.
Heck, it's why there have been sites designed where the women get on free and the men had to pay to log in.

I've known that guys will keep messaging women even after they find someone to talk to. I refuse to do that. If I am talking to someone, I don't find that it is polite to start hunting for another female to talk to too plus that would mean I would have to drop one if things went well. Websites though state that men should try talking to as many women as possible even if they find someone to talk to cause it might not work out and they need to have another woman lined up if that 1st one fails.
I'm finding women are bad about that too. They will talk to you until they find someone possibly "better" and then they will sudden refuse to ever talk to you again. You can tell when they are doing that if they continue logging on like they did before. If they never log on then something happened or they found someone else. If they keep logging on then they just found someone new and shiny to talk to and you are now out of the picture. It's why a lot of women have been on those dating sites for many years. They refuse to talk to anyone for a long period of time cause there could always be someone "better" out there that they might find.

I paid alot of compliments to this woman who was nearly 60. Just to see how that would work. She wanted to see what I look like. Since I've put my up to date photo on there, I haven't had many messages.

It's £20 down the toliet but never mind.

Yes i guess some women as well as men, are constantly on the prowl...i think those people are probably just like that, and internet just makes it easyer.
I did talk to many men at the same time, i was always honest with them, when it came to meeting someone, then i would say so and distance myself from the others until i know if its a match or not. i actualywent on two dates while i was talking with my present boyfriend, he knew about it, and says he was hoping the guys would screw up so he could get a chance to meet me, lol,

I understand that sending messages to many people is the best way to get better chances, i just liked it when the man actualy took the time to read my profile and send a real message.

One lady put that she would answer all messages so I sent her one. She answered and we exchanged a few messages but she stopped bothering. That's as far as I got.

I don't send out standard messages, I did read the profile of the lady. Some of the messages I received seem to be fake or block ones that were sent to loads of people.

Why don't you just hit up on a bunch of chicks in real life at the sametime?
What's the difference other then some inexperinced people with issues accusing me of being a womenizer.
Its a percentage game just the same isnt it?

Of course you already know...it's healthy not to worry what other thinks about you so god **** much.

Most women are going to tell you they want Charming and be attentive.
Then you'll hear advice of how to complete a goal and be successful is to work on onething at a time.

How about you just work on being charming. Mastering this or be skillful at it.
Keep it simple and be consistent.

You can experiment randomly sending out short sweet messages to 100 women on line and randomly hit up on chicks
in real life with short sweet charming words.

Lonesome Crow said:
Why don't you just hit up on a bunch of chicks in real life at the sametime?
What's the difference other then some inexperinced people with issues accusing me of being a womenizer.
Its a percentage game just the same isnt it?

Of course you already know...it's healthy not to worry what other thinks about you so god **** much.

Most women are going to tell you they want Charming and be attentive.
Then you'll hear advice of how to complete a goal and be successful is to work on onething at a time.

How about you just work on being charming. Mastering this or be skillful at it.
Keep it simple and be consistent.

You can experiment randomly sending out short sweet messages to 100 women on line and randomly hit up on chicks
in real life with short sweet charming words.

i must admit, I prefer 'real life' to online dating

Well ijust saw your picture and i cant see that this could be the problem, you are good looking. But you have to realise that every woman has her own objectives in what she wants in a man. So after talking a bit, if she gave up, she probably realised you didnt have much in common or had different values. As for looks...lol... i've rejected the standard HOT guy, muscular, very good looking. Those men scare me, because they like to be attractive and are constant flirts, i wouldnt be able to be with a guy who flirts all the time.

whispers said:
As for looks...lol... i've rejected the standard HOT guy, muscular, very good looking. Those men scare me, because they like to be attractive and are constant flirts, i wouldnt be able to be with a guy who flirts all the time.

Well ****....:(
I ma go cry me a river now

whispers said:
Well ijust saw your picture and i cant see that this could be the problem, you are good looking. But you have to realise that every woman has her own objectives in what she wants in a man. So after talking a bit, if she gave up, she probably realised you didnt have much in common or had different values. As for looks...lol... i've rejected the standard HOT guy, muscular, very good looking. Those men scare me, because they like to be attractive and are constant flirts, i wouldnt be able to be with a guy who flirts all the time.

good looking ?

it's nice of you to say, not been called that for several years !

putter65 said:
whispers said:

good looking ?

it's nice of you to say, not been called that for several years !

I've had a nice e mail from this lady. Seems rather keen to start a dialogue with me. She doesn't look English, which isn't a problem by the way.

The woman is russian. On her profile it said she lived in my country. I have noticed her advert seems to have gone now !
She has sent me a few really nice emails and 3 photo's. She looks really nice. Her emails are really sweet.

It all seems too good to be true !

With my more or less low self-esteem, I doubt I would last long on a dating site. It's such a competitive arena. And there are so many confident people out there, who don't think putting a picture of themselves online is a big deal at all. What's the point in playing a game you will always lose?

putter65 said:
The woman is russian. On her profile it said she lived in my country. I have noticed her advert seems to have gone now !
She has sent me a few really nice emails and 3 photo's. She looks really nice. Her emails are really sweet.

It all seems too good to be true !

Be cautious, theres scammers. A freind of mine sent money to a woman so she could come and see him...lol, he never heard from her since, she probably makes a living like that.

Oldyoung said:
With my more or less low self-esteem, I doubt I would last long on a dating site. It's such a competitive arena. And there are so many confident people out there, who don't think putting a picture of themselves online is a big deal at all. What's the point in playing a game you will always lose?

I agree with you, I stay well clear of dating sites normally.

About a week ago, I was messing about on google and I typed 'dating sites for ugly people' - I was surprized when I got results. I joined one. I don't think it is any different to any of the others.

I've sent quite alot of messages and got nothing back.

Regarding this Russian lady. I can't help think it is a con of some kind. The times of her emails aren't the same as UK time. Her profile stated she lived in the UK but her advert has disapeared. She was too nice, too keen to get in touch. It's sad because I thought she was interested. I had all these crazy thoughts today of meeting her etc.

Lmao....never send money....especially if she tells you
Shes a nurse and in her profile it say making 50k.lmao

Its easy to till scammers by the way i communicate.lmao

Latest posts

Back