Questions for both Men and Women.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright so my question is:

If you own a film on DVD for date night, but the DVD is boxed away on the other side of the room, and a streaming service has the same film available, would you dig out the DVD for higher a higher quality picture, or just settle for whatever the bandwidth kicks your way? :unsure:

I would dig the DVD out because I actually enjoyed the trailers before the movie then saying "wait let me get comfortable" on the menu screen then having to set the subtitles so that 15 minutes after the DVD was inserted we are finally going to watch the movie. Everything is so immediate or instant. I just like the build up and once the movie starts I don't want the interference that happens sometimes when streaming.

Penis shapes are my favorite shapes. Im like a prepubescent boy always saying "hey, that looks like a penis." When I was younger I thought perhaps I was supposed to have been a boy because I always wanted to do what the boys were doing, I acted like the boys, I always preferred to be around the boys. I was a tomboy but I had crushes on the boys so I knew I liked boys. It was just like part of my brain was actually a boy. Its funny because this one boy use to say I was a hermaphrodite. We tried explaining to him that he wasnt using the word the right way. He couldn't be convinced but he was 12.
Was this because of some honeysuckle that happened to me and I thought that "hey if I'm a boy that will never happen again"? That was actually a dumbed downed version of the bucket of honeysuckle a quack tried to serve me. I don't eat honeysuckle though. I got into some trouble before I turned 10 asking the boys to see their penises. It was curiosity. The curiosity has not faded but I don't ask to see anymore. I demand it. Im joking, not really at least not all men.
The curiosity did spill over onto the female private parts the first time I saw one that wasn't mine I was 14 and my friend didn't know how to use a tampon and I had to show her. I was amazed at how different we looked. I mean the internet was not like it is now. Even though I still look at crotches and wonder about lots of people and would probably never turn down the chance at someone just wanting to show me I keep it to myself now. You offend a few people or get some crazy looks when commenting, you learn to keep honeysuckle to yourself.
While I know I am obsessed with penis shapes I agree that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
I would upvote this twice if I could. :D

Our preoccupation with shapes seems very odd to me, but then how else could our brains recognize stimuli.

Okay okay... question...

So theres this guy, my cousin was waiting for him to get a divorce for yearssss and marry her, he wasn't having an affair just kept delaying the divorce. So they are divorced now, assets were split and he bought the house my cousin picked (she has never worked blah blah)... She is literally refusing to move into the house he bought her because he is not "enthusiastic" about marrying her, and his adult children were a little upset, wondering about their inheritance. She broke up with him for like a few months and slept with many random guys off the internet that she didn't know, she felt dirty and used so now they are back together. He said he didn't even know they broke up (men... lol) But they are engaged and she dont know if she should give up her flat and everything she has going on to live in the house if he wants to leave everything to his kids.... any thoughts? My advice was for her not to get married, and not to move in there and just visit him... because the house is far and they seem really unstable.

What an incredible mess. He should run fast and far away.
You think so? I think they should just stay boyfriend and girlfriend, instead of marriage and that says a lot coming from meee Mrs marriage is everything.

You think so? I think they should just stay boyfriend and girlfriend, instead of marriage and that says a lot coming from meee Mrs marriage is everything.
The way i read it, your cousin wedged herself in his previous marriage. I dont know how true that is but i'm not a fan of divorce either way.

Okay okay... question...

So theres this guy, my cousin was waiting for him to get a divorce for yearssss and marry her, he wasn't having an affair just kept delaying the divorce. So they are divorced now, assets were split and he bought the house my cousin picked (she has never worked blah blah)... She is literally refusing to move into the house he bought her because he is not "enthusiastic" about marrying her, and his adult children were a little upset, wondering about their inheritance. She broke up with him for like a few months and slept with many random guys off the internet that she didn't know, she felt dirty and used so now they are back together. He said he didn't even know they broke up (men... lol) But they are engaged and she dont know if she should give up her flat and everything she has going on to live in the house if he wants to leave everything to his kids.... any thoughts? My advice was for her not to get married, and not to move in there and just visit him... because the house is far and they seem really unstable.

Those of us who are fans of horror movies know this as a particular tropey scenario we call "The Gut Check."
Or when a scene is gut-wrenching for some reason or another.

And what makes this gut-wrenching is that it looks like a bad foot forward, and that's a Red Flag.

Something seems a little off about "I slept with other men" being responded to with "we should still live together."

That could be a potentially really dangerous situation for her. :grimace:

The way i read it, your cousin wedged herself in his previous marriage. I dont know how true that is but i'm not a fan of divorce either way.
Nah he was already like single just didn't do the paperwork, his ex-wife made it almost impossible to divorce she was blocking it for years, they have been together since I was a little girl. But Honestly I dont like divorce either, deffo wouldn't be having one, unless something unspeakable happens.

Those of us who are fans of horror movies know this as a particular tropey scenario we call "The Gut Check."
Or when a scene is gut-wrenching for some reason or another.

And what makes this gut-wrenching is that it looks like a bad foot forward, and that's a Red Flag.

Something seems a little off about "I slept with other men" being responded to with "we should still live together."

That could be a potentially really dangerous situation for her. :grimace:

Yeah, she was doing self destructive things like sleeping with strangers online because the church told her she's living in sin anyway. Like she stopped sleeping with him and tried to be a good religious woman and when he still wasn't enthusiastic about marrying her she went off the deep end. I was listening to all of this on the phone with my mouth wide open. I was planning their wedding in 2019 and he wanted something small and she wanted a 2 day wedding, was so awkward...

And if he can't run, buy a plane ticket.

You think he should run, not her? Interesting.

That's funny. He didn't even know they broke up? No, he's either very ignorant or very unobservant and isn't very focused on her.
I am telling you some men are just sooo checked out mentally and shocked when things happen, it's like helloooo she wants your attention... he just wants to settle down in peace to be honest, he's older than my dad, which is crazy so he says he's just too tired for all the drama.

Would you be willing to be in a relationship with someone if there was no sex involved?

I would how bout you?
I absolutely would.

I'm not even sure if I want sex, I just want to know that someone's thinking about me, and knows I exist, and I want someone to be able to think about too. I just want my existence to be acknowledged, that's all.

Okay okay... question...

Seems to me there is part of the story missing. An important part of the story....HIS side of the story.
Women aren't always the most forthcoming with information so are you sure he knew they broke up? And what do you mean by not "enthusiastic"?
And if he bought the house SHE wanted, why the hell wouldn't she want to live in it now? How much older is this guy? Are the kids her age?
I would say they probably shouldn't get married until they get their honeysuckle together. Whether that's her honeysuckle, his honeysuckle or both there honeysuckle is unclear.

Not sure if a question is exactly for this thread, but I don't want to make a new one.

What do you think about parents giving money to their adult(healthy and not in any force majeure situation) children?
And about helping in general?

Sorry for a lot of words, I'm really lost and would be happy to hear, what do you think. Me as a parent and me as a child are in a big conflict. I can't decide which one me is right )
I don't think getting money from your parents, when you are an adult(very adult) is good(unless it's a birtday small present or some special situation), and my parents suggest to help me(they can afford it).
I live now in the same town as my parents and besides some thing I don't like here, I am running out of money. I didn't have a lot of savings when I moved and I needed and still do a lot of money to pay to stay here, so all I earn is spent for this and living. In any case of extra needs(f.e. I have a sudden problem with a tooth and I'm not sure I can pay for it myself, neither it can wait till the next month) I'll have to ask my parents.
So the other opportunitie is just to return home(life's cheaper there and I don't have to rent a flat), my parents hate this idea though. They become nervous and very angry when we discuss it. They say I'll ruin my kid's life due to my "stupid attempts to prove someone something". I don't think it's as dangerous as they think, but must confess, nothing good waits us there, the only good thing is a better education that I can afford there(or here my parents will help with the school, however they say "it's just money, why to worry?" and it's what they suggest: to pay for food/clothes /classes for a kid and in a future for a school). I can borrow money, but they will refuse to take it back and I don't know when I can return it.
On the one hand, I think that it's not suitable, I'm adult, I'm healthy, I can work and so on.
On the other, I also think that if it was my daughter, I would like to help her and to stay near her and my grandchildren. And well, I'd rather be with her but without money, than with money but without her. Maybe my parents are right and the only reason why I think to take my parent's help is bad idea because I'm the looser in the family(both my father and my brother earn a few times more) and I'm trying to prove, I'm not. Maybe I should just accept it.

Okay, first of all....the tooth. Take the money for that. That's not something you want to screw around with and quite honestly, I think medical situations like that are different.

As for the rest, I think you honestly need to do what's best for both you AND your daughter. I can't really tell you what that is, but make a pro/con list and go from there.

If you stay and take the money, will they Lord it over you and act like they own you or anything like that? If you go, are you sure you will be okay where you were? Not financially, but the "dangerous" thing you talked about. Maybe there's some kind of compromise you can make with your parents, like helping them out with something in return for the money. Or even a sneaky way of paying them back? Like if you were in America, you could go to their bank and just deposit money into it. You won't get to see how much is in there or anything, but anyone can put money in.
So yeah, not very helpful in making your decision, but you need to make sure you can live with whatever you decide.

Not sure if a question is exactly for this thread, but I don't want to make a new one.

What do you think about parents giving money to their adult(healthy and not in any force majeure situation) children?
And about helping in general?

Sorry for a lot of words, I'm really lost and would be happy to hear, what do you think. Me as a parent and me as a child are in a big conflict. I can't decide which one me is right )
I don't think getting money from your parents, when you are an adult(very adult) is good(unless it's a birtday small present or some special situation), and my parents suggest to help me(they can afford it).
I live now in the same town as my parents and besides some thing I don't like here, I am running out of money. I didn't have a lot of savings when I moved and I needed and still do a lot of money to pay to stay here, so all I earn is spent for this and living. In any case of extra needs(f.e. I have a sudden problem with a tooth and I'm not sure I can pay for it myself, neither it can wait till the next month) I'll have to ask my parents.
So the other opportunitie is just to return home(life's cheaper there and I don't have to rent a flat), my parents hate this idea though. They become nervous and very angry when we discuss it. They say I'll ruin my kid's life due to my "stupid attempts to prove someone something". I don't think it's as dangerous as they think, but must confess, nothing good waits us there, the only good thing is a better education that I can afford there(or here my parents will help with the school, however they say "it's just money, why to worry?" and it's what they suggest: to pay for food/clothes /classes for a kid and in a future for a school). I can borrow money, but they will refuse to take it back and I don't know when I can return it.
On the one hand, I think that it's not suitable, I'm adult, I'm healthy, I can work and so on.
On the other, I also think that if it was my daughter, I would like to help her and to stay near her and my grandchildren. And well, I'd rather be with her but without money, than with money but without her. Maybe my parents are right and the only reason why I think to take my parent's help is bad idea because I'm the looser in the family(both my father and my brother earn a few times more) and I'm trying to prove, I'm not. Maybe I should just accept it.

I think theres nothing wrong with it personally. I invest and plan all my money for the benefit of my daughter and future baby. As much as I love money, I deffo don't do all this for me. My father made sure I had enough money left to me, that I should never have to work, it's like I get a monthly wage like everyone else from my late father.

In my opinion you are not a loser, you are a person, you deserve to take care of yourself, and to take your parents help without feeling like you should suffer to prove a point ✨

Latest posts

Back