quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender..."

Winston Churchill (June 4, 1940)

the best way out is always through

--helen keller

the art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
--william james

wisdom consist of not so much knowing what to do but knowing what to do next
--dont know who said it

if i am not for myself, who is for me?if i am only for myself , what am i? and if not now, when?
--hillel

to the world u are someone, but to a someone u are the world

friendships multiply joys, and divide griefs

----from the monkeys calendar on my wall....lol

Mean spirited attitudes are solely reserved for extreme self-defense, at which point there is no unacceptable limit.

Loneliness has a heartbeat. It has a rhythm and a pulse like the subtle tide of a mountain lake. It collects and it directs, it forms and it steers, taking many objects into its flow, over time.

For God's sake hold your tongue, and let me love.
--John Donne

Can't put names to the first two. They're things I heard a long time ago and wrote down. I always liked them.

Don't settle for the one you can live with, wait for the one you can't live without.

It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

*:.It's hard to tell your mind to stop lovin someone when your heart still does... .:*:.

The Hardest thing in life is to watch the one you love, Love someone else

I climbed the door and shut the stairs, I sayed my pajamas and put on my prayers, I shut off my sheets and got under the light and all because you kissed me good night
lmao

When you love someone, it's something. When someone loves you, it's another thing. When you love the person who loves you back, it's everything

Nothing hurts like your mouth. -"Mouth" by Bush

Incognita said:
Qui said:
Nothing hurts like your mouth. -"Mouth" by Bush

oh f that sounds like my mouth...

:/ sorry. sore tooth?

I've always thought of this song as being about kissing.
But I just realized that it could be about getting bit.
lol, more likely it's about kissing.
Because... that doesn't usually hurt in a physical way but it can hurt on the inside.

i thought of like someone saying something can hurt someone....biting didnt cross my mind...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You never truly love someone until it kills you to see them hurting.

Three seconds to say I love you, Three hours to explain it, and A life time to prove it.

Oh yeah, I guess that works too. Hadn't thought of that.
Yeah, I don't think that song is about biting. lol.
Um, nah.
Mouth -Bush

It's one hell of a crazy carnival they've got going on there...

Love isn't finding the perfect person, it is finding the imperfect person and seeing how perfect they are

"Round pegs find round holes, square pegs find square holes. And by the same token, albeit with rather greater difficulty, I am sure that there must somewhere be a corresponding hole for such a peg as proverbial metaphor may dub trapezohedral!"

"I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams."

"The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination."

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind."

A few quotes by Howard Phillips Lovecraft. :)

"No one knows what its like
To feel these feelings
Like i do, and i blame you!
No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through

No one knows what its like
To be mistreated, to be defeated
Behind blue eyes
No one knows how to say
That they're sorry and don't worry
I'm not telling lies"

All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Qui said:
No one knows how to say
That they're sorry and don't worry
I'm not telling lies"
true

ava_eeyore.gif

NeverMore said:
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.

-Chuck Palahniuk

Invisible Monsters?
Either the narrorator thought that, or Brandy said it.
Am I right? I read that forever and a half ago.
But... actually it's a bit of a coincidence because I'm supposed to be writing an outline for an essay on Chuck Palahniuk's writing style right now.

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known."

-Chuck Palahniuk

Latest posts

Back