quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my quotations:
-I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word I'm saying."
-"Always apologize to your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-"Ignorance is bliss, why seek truth?"

Words to live by...

"The forecast, a freeze is coming."

"In this universe there is only one absolute, everything freezes."

One of my favorite quotes is "You talk like a man with a paper *******"

...although around these parts, we like to add "...standing over a campfire"

The result is: You talk like a man with a paper ******* standing over a campfire.

Regional Definition: Slang. A person who talks and talks, and has no idea what she or he is talking about.

Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

lol

Hello all again, I wasnt too sure if there was a daily quote thread so I dunno, why not create one. I feel like reading some powerful words before you start or end the day can bring a better sense of meaning to life no matter what kind of situation you are in. It is also 4AM and I cant sleep so y'know what I do? I look up quotes that inspire me, maybe give me hope or motivate me that there really is something better out there in this world!

So here it goes, first quote...when I read this...it for some reason sent chills through my body. Really dont know why but it got to me.

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon seem inevitable."
~Christopher Reeve

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
~Albert Einstein
- This quote got me because this year I keep telling myself that I am going to do new things and have new adventures. So far I have had some, but I feel like I crave more...I just want to go out in the world...and see new things...my last couple of years have been so dull and boring..it is getting to me and I need to find renewed interest in life other wise I will lose all hope.

"Destroy what destroys you"
~Unknown

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't.
We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
~ Charles Bukowski

Feel free to post some quotes of your own, I am always interested in seeing what else is out there!

EDIT: Im an idiot, just realised there are quite a few other threads in regards to Quotes, if a mod/admin wants to merge my thread with another that is fine.

innerfyre said:
Hello all again, I wasnt too sure if there was a daily quote thread so I dunno, why not create one. I feel like reading some powerful words before you start or end the day can bring a better sense of meaning to life no matter what kind of situation you are in. It is also 4AM and I cant sleep so y'know what I do? I look up quotes that inspire me, maybe give me hope or motivate me that there really is something better out there in this world!

So here it goes, first quote...when I read this...it for some reason sent chills through my body. Really dont know why but it got to me.

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon seem inevitable."
~Christopher Reeve

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
~Albert Einstein
- This quote got me because this year I keep telling myself that I am going to do new things and have new adventures. So far I have had some, but I feel like I crave more...I just want to go out in the world...and see new things...my last couple of years have been so dull and boring..it is getting to me and I need to find renewed interest in life other wise I will lose all hope.

"Destroy what destroys you"
~Unknown

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't.
We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
~ Charles Bukowski

Feel free to post some quotes of your own, I am always interested in seeing what else is out there!

EDIT: Im an idiot, just realised there are quite a few other threads in regards to Quotes, if a mod/admin wants to merge my thread with another that is fine.
still?
this was a gr8 thought
dunno if theyll merge it /nt
but ty 4 the quotes
would post sum of my own?
but rushd 4 time this am

innerfyre said:

Done :) Either way, it's a welcome bump to a good thread :p

Where is my thread of quotes? Did Robin axe it? Swear I put a ton on here. It is all Kristens fault too :p

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

-Albert Einstein

Dont know if this belongs here or not and as I've firckled around the site I haven't noticed it so here goes...

I enjoy reading quotes. Especially quotes that have a humorous comment on our day to day activities.

Here's one the sparky on site gave me today- he was commenting on the lack of/style of leadership shown by the site supervisor.

"He who rocks the boat seldom has time to row it"

Hope more of you will contribute

I do like a good quote. Some favourites include:

"It's not what you are that holds you back, it's what you think you're not"
- Denis Waitley

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"
- Maya Angelou

"Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world"
- Miyamoto Musashi

"I am a lover of truth, a worshipper of freedom, a celebrant at the altar of language and purity and tolerance"
- Stephen Fry

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage"
- Lao Tzu

"Take away a man's light, his clothes, his food, his friends, his air, and you leave him with nothing but himself. And for most, that is not pleasant company"
- The Suffering

"A man chooses, a slave obeys"
- Andrew Ryan (Bioshock)

At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just not facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes... all you need is one.
~Peyton Sawyer

Ever wonder how long it takes to change your life? What measure of time is enough to be life-altering? Is it four years, like high school? One year? An eight-week walking tour? Can your life change in a month, or a week, or a single day? We're always in a hurry to grow up, to go places, and to get ahead... but when you're young, one hour can change everything.
~Lucas Scott

Most of our life is a series of images. They pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes, a moment stuns us as it happens. And we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment... every part of it... will live on forever.
~Lucas Scott

It’s the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time. Me... I just wanna live a life I'm gonna remember. Even if I don't write it down.
~Brooke Davis

There's no shame in being afraid. Hell, we're all afraid. What you gotta do is figure out what you're afraid of, because when you put a face on it you can beat it. Better yet, you can use it.
~Coach Whitey Durham

My teen bedroom wall was covered in loads of bits of paper with quotes I'd printed out from books, poems and songs. Most of my books have page numbers written on the tittle page to remind me of quotes that meant something to me.

I'm a quote whore...and proud.

Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness and dies by chance.
Nausea, Satre.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"
- Maya Angelou

[/quote]

Sure like that one L.D.

Here are a lot of quotes of mine. Most of them I came up with many years ago around the time I graduated from college.

Life is like a poker game. We live with the cards life dealt us. Some people are born with a royal flush. Others are born with a toilet flush.

It used to not be as bad. Me, myself, and I all lived together. But unfortunately me and myself moved out and I was left all alone.

When life gives you lemons, you find out you are unfortunately allergic to lemons.

Too bad you can't get a life at Burger King. I hear you can get things your way there.

When life gives you lemons, sell them on e-bay.

Some people spend their time building a better mousetrap. I spend mine building a better mouse.

I spend a lot of my time coming up with things that I could have said in the past. I also sit around coming up with a lot of things to say to people in the future. My problem is nothing is ever said in the present.

Why do women shave their eyebrows and then paint them back on? They can't even paint them back on straight. Are they trying to be Van Gogh?

I found the woman of my dreams but she died in a nightmare.

I'm not a very social person so why do I have to pay social security?

People tell me to marry the right person. I tell them I can't even find the wrong person.

The pen is mightier than the sword, unless the person you are fighting has a sword.

I pray when I'm happy instead of when I'm sick because I know if I'm happy then something bad is about to happen.

To make your co-workers happy and to stay in the same job: Do lots of work. To make management happy and to move up in the company: Do absolutely no work. The less you do, the less likely you will mess up.

A dream is something you have so that your real life will seem more depressing.

Time flies, but what happens if it breaks it's wing.

I talk to myself all the time. The only problem is that I've quit listening to myself.

Most people have pictures of their wife/husband/significant other and/or pictures of their children on their desk at work. Maybe I should hang up pictures of my PC, my TV, my VCR, and my stereo instead.

It's actually better to have never loved than to have been in love before. That way you don't know what you are missing.

Time heals everything until you run out of time.

Life is a block of ice. It can be sculpted to be anything. The problem is my life was born in an oven and melted away.

There are a lot of "Why did the chicken cross the road" jokes yet I never see a "Chicken Crossing" sign anywhere.

If hell freezes over, will it still be hot as hell?

I once had a nightmare in which I got a date. It scared the heck out of me.

Time never slows down. It only speeds up when you ask it to slow down.

If money did grow on trees. Someone would chop it down.

The goal of the weekend is to get to Monday.

When I want to go to work, I tap my feet 3 times and say, "There's no place like Hell."

Everytime I see 4X4 on a truck, I want to write "=16" beside it.

The best part about being alone is not having people around when you don't want them around. The worst part about being alone is not having people around when you want them around.

Imagine being on the basketball court during a game. It feels like the game has just started and you are just trying to warm-up by passing the ball around. Just when you feel ready to play, you look at the clock and it says there are 2 minutes left in the game and there is a substitute at the table to take your place. That's my life.

My life is a game of chutes and ladders.. without the ladders.

Most people have a fear of dying.. I'm stuck with the fear of living.

I was born on the wrong side of the bed.

I used to take myself seriously.. then I realized I'm never serious.

There is someone for everybody. My only problem is that the person for me died in a car wreck when she was 2 years old. Just my luck!

To be nice takes forever. To be mean is instantaneous. I don't have forever.

The day I get asked out on a date will be the day after I die.

I went hunting for a date yesterday. I ended up shooting myself in the foot and was put in the hospital.

I found the key to success... now if only I could find the key to the bank.

The man on the moon has a better chance of getting a date than I do.

Some people live a dream. I just dream I live.

To be or not to be, that is not the question, it's an incomplete sentence.

Life is like a box of chocolates and I only get those horrid coconut pieces.

Life is easy. All you have to do is avoid it.

Life and love are sports and I am a professional bench-warmer.

Go ahead, make my day...and while you're at it, make my bed too.

I don't have a few loose screws...just a lot of rusty ones.

I may not be playing with a full deck, but at least I have all wild cards.

They said I was a 4 star person.....out of a possible 400 stars.

If you first don't succeed, confuse em; if you still don't succeed, ignore em.

The best part of waking up, is going back to sleep.

If all else fails, give up.

Where there's a beginning, there's an end. Where there's an end, there's nothing.

I know life isn't fair, but why does every day end up overcast?

Who put the "goto" statement in my life? Now I don't know where I am at...

Life sure goes by fast...I can't even catch back up to it.

My computer has more of a life than I do.

I have a master's in Procrastination and BS. I have a doctorate in mind games.

I was going to own the copyrights to procrastination...but I never got around to filling out the papers.

When life is at it's worst, it will find a way to get even worse.

Alex, I'll take 'a hint' for 200.

If you can't stand the heat, you shouldn't have started the fire.

Some people want their cake and eat it too, my problem is that I don't like cake.

If you choose to lose, do you win?

If all else fails,
try again.
give up.
change the problem.
delete the hard drive.
change the grading scale.
you are ahead of your time.
take a vacation.
get someone else to figure it out.
copy it from someone else.
try something you forgot to do.
find the manual.
there was never a possible solution.
guess.
invade a country.

If you can't beat 'em,
join 'em.
kill 'em.
ignore 'em.
create a virus.
confuse 'em.
make it look like you win.
delete their hard drive.
make up something that sounds high-tech for a solution.
show them that 0=2.

At the end of the rainbow there is a pot of gold. Everyone has a rainbow. My problem is that my rainbow is a complete circle: there is no end.

"Show me normality and I'll show you mine." - What I said to someone that called me weird.

"Why think outside the box? Who in the hell would even put a box there in the 1st place?" ~ Albert (Max) Carrion, myself.

All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual - Albert Einstein

Latest posts

Back