Some of my Artwork!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawningday

Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread to show some of my artwork. I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in "Work in Progress" type of postings - I know for myself, as an artist...I love seeing other artist progress, how they start a painting and progress through it. ....very inspiring for me.
Plus it is fun talking about others styles and techniques.
Anyways I'll add some more....once I get my scanner working...or take some photo's of my paintings.

6B4DrVG.jpg

Here's a pencil crayon sketch I did of a Tiger Lily from my back yard....hopefully this uploaded ok...sort of testing!

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="...rc="http://imgur.com/a/I5OvK/embed"></iframe>

This thing doesn't seem to work...lol I'm trying to figure how to post image's on this thing.....

Attachments

• Tiger Lily.jpg
    Tiger Lily.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2
^It showed up, so you did something right with the image posting. :)

Also, that is beautiful! Your work is so precise. :O
And this thread is definitely a good idea. I love seeing other people's talents. It's really nice. Thank you for sharing, hope to see more coming. :D

That's very impressive. I did think it was some sort of altered photograph for a few seconds.

I think we all would love to see more. Your really a great artist.

And have a nice day, everyday. :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Here's a few more.

UCN63rp.jpg

This one is a water color of a red-tailed hawk.

pOeTFda.jpg

This, is a quick charcoal sketch, also using a bit of white chalk-on colored paper. Just a practice thing.

vUlQxni.jpg

This last one, is a watercolor painting I did along time ago. I was in grade 11 in high school, working on this for an art project. Think it was when I came back after I dropped out of school....around age of 21.

Now thats art! A burger!!! :D

Really good stuff, I have no talent for drawing/painting at all.

Edward W said:
Now thats art! A burger!!! :D

Really good stuff, I have no talent for drawing/painting at all.

Your talent is in making awesome avatars!

Hi everyone,

I thought I would post a work in progress. I've always like seeing how other artists do there work. Some may find it boring, or may like it - I have no clue.
This one is of a rose in oils.
7lq60HW.jpg

I've started with just putting a thin colour of brown, then sketched in with charcoal.
epqmzYm.jpg

This one, is where I rough in the darks with raw umber (more brown paint).
vD5Ub71.jpg

This is the beginning, of what is called the dead layer. Its the way that the old masters use to paint-called a "Grisaille". It consists, of greys(white and brown and black). Sometimes with portraits, they make this part greenish - which makes the skin glow once the colour is applied over top.
E3jBwlx.jpg

The Grisaille is finished....now ready for the colour layers.
l8FIzQB.jpg

Here is the start, of the colour layer now.
Gu9s5eY.jpg

And the colour layer is finished.....but I didn't like the background.
JIPHVFk.jpg

Not sure if I like the background, but I still might work on the rose more...just to get more depth...need to sit with this for a while!

So, this is often how the old masters paint (Leonardo Di Vinci, Michelangelo etc) Sometimes the underlayers where done with egg tempera, then finished with oils. Another name for the technique (depending on region) was "Flemish Technique".

Anyways, hope I didn't bore anyone with the history lesson....lol

That is amazing. I like to draw and I actually learnt a lot from that post ^
Reaaally amazing!

Latest posts

Back