UFO's

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sleepflower said:
i don't think roswell was a ufo. that was nasa experimenting with new space technology.

NASA wasn't created until eleven years after the Roswell incident. But it was some experimental balloon.

1958 Trindade Island Brazil

ufo-trindade-brazil-1958.jpg

These files contain reported sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) between 1986 and 1992.

Monday's release is the second batch of UFO files that Britain's military has put out this year. David Clarke, a UFO expert who has worked with the National Archives, said in the next few years, a total of 160 UFO-related files will be made available to the public.

Highlights include the near collision of a passenger jet and UFO in Kent and the pilots of a US Air Force jet being ordered to shoot down a UFO over East Anglia.

Click link to released files

Just because I'm an apostrophe ninja and it was bugging me, the proper way to write the title of this thread is "UFOs", there's no apostrophe because it is referring to multiple UFOs, not the possessions of a single UFO.

Qui said:
Just because I'm an apostrophe ninja and it was bugging me, the proper way to write the title of this thread is "UFOs", there's no apostrophe because it is referring to multiple UFOs, not the possessions of a single UFO.

o'kay qui nex't time I make a thread there will'be many more apost'roph'es

maybe I'd call it '''''''''''''U'F'O's''''''''''''''

better?:p

I never really noticed. While my apostrophes are nothing to brag about those semicolons really get me. They are so bad that i can only recall ever using one. I tend to use a comma where a semicolon should be. The colon i use a lot because they are pretty. More often then i should use them. : see isn't that a nice colon?

My dad's a retired air traffic controller. But when he was first getting started in air traffic control, he was in the Air Force. One day he was sitting at the radar scope doing his thing, when an unidentified blip came on screen. No communication or warning whatsoever. But the weird part was that this object was moving across his screen at a rate indicating *incredible* airspeed, and making sharp angle course adjustments not even attainable by -todays- aircraft. And to top it off he had two pilots see it pass close to them and radio in asking him wtf it was. So, he called over his supervisor, a higher ranking officer.

According to him, his supervisor looked at the screen and all he said was "I don't see anything...Do you?" And a few minutes later a fighter wing was chasing after where the thing was headed.

Apparently there's been a good few stories like this among ATCs, but they never get reported because seeing UFOs like that isn't considered 'normal' behavior, and runs a high risk of losing one's job.

Anyway. I personally do believe in UFOs, because there's too many 'group encounters' -like entire towns seeing the same thing at the same time- for them to be fraudulent. However, I also believe that for every real UFO encounter there's got to be at least two that are BS. Some are real, but some are hoaxes.

Brian said:
... I also believe that for every real UFO encounter there's got to be at least two that are BS. Some are real, but some are hoaxes.

Undoubtedly, though i also wouldn't jump to the conclusion that those that are not hoaxes are automatically advanced spacecraft piloted by space aliens.

Latest posts

Back