Video/Computer Games

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that sounds pretty awesome. Not often you see game producers working for huge changes like that. I'll definitely give it another go after they release the update

And I agree with you on Oblivion. Vanilla was pretty flawed, but with mods it's fantastic! I've modded my game to death. There's very little trace left of the original game ^^

Yea my last build of oblivion had 86 active mods and others that were on depending who I was. I must have uninstalled and reinstalled oblivion at least 100 times with all the times I've messed it up with mods and tweaks, in fact I messed it up again but have yet to reinstall it again

Has anyone here played Mass Effect or KOTOR 2? How were they?

I've onl;y played the first KOTOR, that i finished about a month ago, it was fun, I've heard mixed options on the 2nd one

I've played KOTOR 2, but I never finished it. It was all right. Felt a lot like the first one, except you have to do pretty much the same stuff again, and it just drags on and on, jumping from world to world. I can't really remember what the story was all about. I heard that the ending of the game is very flawed because they rushed the game. That sucks bigtime. The Jedi robes are way more cool though ^^

Mass Effect is awesome. Best RPG I've played since, well, KOTOR 1. Definitely worth a buy. As long as you're buying it for the RPG elements and not for the shooter elements, you'll like it. Not that the combat is bad, it's just pretty basic compared to all the other shooters out there. Still, I really liked the combat

NeverMore said:
JustLost said:
Thanks. I might be picking it up today. The last RPG I played was Oblivion. People seemed to love or hate that game as well. I ended up liking it but I think that was only because I'd played Morrowind so much.

I wouldn't pick it up just yet if I were you. Not because it's a bad game it's a good game but because they are releasing an enhanced version on Friday of this week as a matter of fact. Everyone who bought the game previously will be able to download the new content and upgrades but if you wait you can buy the enhanced version in stores and get bonus stuff in it all for the same price as the original

http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/news/444.html

Well, I've already bought it...:) That's ok though, I'll be lucky to play through the normal version. So far it's not a bad game. The graphics are really nice. I'd have to agree that the load times are horrid and the voice acting could have been a bit better. Other than that, it's been fun so far.

The first thing I did though, was download the fix to remove the censorship in the U.S. version. I'm 36 years old, I think I'm old enough to hear profanity and see boobies. Or at least I should be. :)

As for Oblivion, it devoured my soul for several months. With all the mods available for it now, you can literally change it into a completely different game if you want to. Morrowind was the same way...

Apparently the Witcher enhanced version has been delayed till August or September, which is annoying but o well, yea I think I might get mass effect for the PC, maybe kotor too but not the second one if it wasn't as good as the first like you all say

I can't wait for Duke Nukem Forever. I've been waiting almost a decade. And when it comes out it will be awesome lol.

btw
catrelevant.jpg

Anonymous said:
I can't wait for Duke Nukem Forever. I've been waiting almost a decade. And when it comes out it will be awesome lol.

btw

Duke Nukem Forever.....If that ever comes out:( longest wait......EVER

That along with Spore

Please come out on time Spore:p

I've been playing Megaman X collection ever since I came home about 2 weeks ago. I started with X went on to X2 then X3 and played that one over for a while cause I had only played that one a bit because I didn't think it was on the level of quality as X and X2, but it's alright, not bad, they use like the same two kinds of enemies for all the levels and all the levels look like warehouses but it's still pretty decent.

Then I got bored with those three,and started to play X4 which at first I thought was terrible because it changed the visual style completely to be more 3D looking and the character felt like it moved slower and the main enemies were **** hard, I mean I know X2 is known for being difficult but some of the things in X4, X5 and X6 are nightmarishly difficult to beat like the black devil from X5 that I beat today, **** that sob...I bent the rules a bit and got black zero from the beginning and being him is fun as hell

But anyways that's my current obsession, mega man x games, for whatever reason there is just something fun about them I can't put my finger on

thats cool, today i put in God of War 2 and I thought I'd try the game on hard, and i've made it through the first part after dying a few times, i think I'll keep working on it. I don't really like playing a game over again on the same difficulty because it doesn't feel like i'm accomplishing anything, even though i rarely ever play any games on any difficulty level harder than normal. I'll see how far i can get with it

Looking forward to more Everquest 2 expansions.
Playing EQ2, Last Chaos and Fable(over and over)
Want to play Fable2 and try out a few other PC games
I really got into Hydlide I think was on the old sega system, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Abe and Munch's Odyssey and alot of underated games lol

Irishdoll said:
I really got into Hydlide I think was on the old sega system, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Abe and Munch's Odyssey and alot of underated games lol

Vanguard: Saga of Hero's is the true Everquest 2.

Everquest 2 was horrible. SOE butched Everquest and made Everquest 2 an even bigger mess. All the staff that made Everquest good left and started the company that made Vanguard.

NeverMore said:
Anonymous said:

btw

Duke Nukem Forever.....If that ever comes out:( longest wait......EVER

That along with Spore

Please come out on time Spore:p
Spore is a game of epic proportions

And mass effect kicks ass I got it on launch

Irishdoll said:

What type of Oblivion character did you use?

I had two. One was a male dark elf "Thiefmage" and the other was a female Imperial "Swordmage". For some reason I ended up creating my own classes instead of using the existing ones.

^^^ oblivion is awesome I picked imperial....I think I'm gonna make a new character this one glitches i cant beat certain missions because things that are supposed to be there ain't, like the thieves guild mission were you steal the ring it wasn't there O_O made me mad
or the mission were you try to remove your vampirisem I cant complete it because she wont take the blood grass :(

So I killed her and fled to the city where I went on a mass murdering spree.....

JustLost said:

I had two. One was a male dark elf "Thiefmage" and the other was a female Imperial "Swordmage". For some reason I ended up creating my own classes instead of using the existing ones.

I always had multiple characters, one was always a paladin type character that may or may not turn evil after he saves the world. The other was an evil mage that turned into a lich/vampire hybrid and tried to kill everyone in the world and after that, I was like victory....Yah...? Strangely I found that the mage characters I made were the strongest SOB's ever, by the time they were on level 30 they literally had 1000's of magic points to use, they were always high elves and my paladin type character was always either a breton or an imperial (I hate Nords!). Then I also experimented with having a vampire assassin character but I could never balance the magic needed to turn invisible with good and quick killing skills:p. I always made my own classes too, never liked the default ones.

Hijacc said:
^^^ oblivion is awesome I picked imperial....I think I'm gonna make a new character this one glitches i cant beat certain missions because things that are supposed to be there ain't, like the thieves guild mission were you steal the ring it wasn't there O_O made me mad
or the mission were you try to remove your vampirisem I cant complete it because she wont take the blood grass :(

So I killed her and fled to the city where I went on a mass murdering spree.....

That's a common problem, if you don't bring her the ingredients in the right order she won't accept them eventually, it's a big glitch that's pissed a lot of people off cause they got stuck being a vampire. I'm assuming you have it for 360, so I can't suggest mods for you to fix it, looks like he's stuck being a member of the undead :(

NeverMore said:
JustLost said:

I always had multiple characters, one was always a paladin type character that may or may not turn evil after he saves the world. The other was an evil mage that turned into a lich/vampire hybrid and tried to kill everyone in the world and after that, I was like victory....Yah...? Strangely I found that the mage characters I made were the strongest SOB's ever, by the time they were on level 30 they literally had 1000's of magic points to use, they were always high elves and my paladin type character was always either a breton or an imperial (I hate Nords!). Then I also experimented with having a vampire assassin character but I could never balance the magic needed to turn invisible with good and quick killing skills:p. I always made my own classes too, never liked the default ones.

Hijacc said:

That's a common problem, if you don't bring her the ingredients in the right order she won't accept them eventually, it's a big glitch that's pissed a lot of people off cause they got stuck being a vampire. I'm assuming you have it for 360, so I can't suggest mods for you to fix it, looks like he's stuck being a member of the undead :(
Yup......its okay i got hit by the A bomb hopefully you know what that is and I'm gonna make a new character another thing that made me mad was my purchase of shivering isle which magically disappeared off my 360 and i can no longer access so im just gonna give the game a year before i get involved again since i put 200 +
hours of gameplay into him ill just wait until i can get in the mood again then ill purchase the GOTY version and play shivering isles i disnt even get to finish the first damned misssion.

Hijacc said:
Yup......its okay i got hit by the A bomb hopefully you know what that is and I'm gonna make a new character another thing that made me mad was my purchase of shivering isle which magically disappeared off my 360 and i can no longer access so im just gonna give the game a year before i get involved again since i put 200 +
hours of gameplay into him ill just wait until i can get in the mood again then ill purchase the GOTY version and play shivering isles i disnt even get to finish the first damned misssion.

The same thing happened to my roommate! His shivering isles disappeared off his 360, how lame..

You mentioned you were getting a new computer, if it's a nice computer you could get it for pc and have mods too, which add so much to the game, just make sure the computer will run it cause too many mods slows it down

going into mod sites for oblivion is like walking into a candy store where you want to eat everything but if you eat too much you'll explode....The same is true for computers:p

That was one of the stranger analogies I've ever used

NeverMore said:
Hijacc said:

The same thing happened to my roommate! His shivering isles disappeared off his 360, how lame..

You mentioned you were getting a new computer, if it's a nice computer you could get it for pc and have mods too, which add so much to the game, just make sure the computer will run it cause too many mods slows it down

going into mod sites for oblivion is like walking into a candy store where you want to eat everything but if you eat too much you'll explode....The same is true for computers:p

That was one of the stranger analogies I've ever used

Half-life 2 Gmod baby :D

Talk about candy store welcome to the friggan palace lol

NeverMore said:

I'd have to agree with this. If there's something I don't like or think of something that's missing, chances are someone else has already had the same idea and created a mod to fix it.

You do have to be careful... not just with slowing things down but some mods can actually conflict with others and cause them not to work properly. Although usually, there's a way around the problem.

I wish every computer game had this much flexibility.

Latest posts

Back