Video/Computer Games

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don remember what char I chose for Oblivion. If there was a healer type it was probably that, since in all games of that type I am a healer(templar for Everquest and healer for Last Chaos). It's been months since I've played. I really miss that game. I'll have to check out Vanguard Skorian. I haven't heard of it. Most of my knowledge on games come from what my husband has been interested in and he can be very limited, sticking to reviews and gamer mags ideas of whats great. I end up getting games that he think will suck and then he ends up liking some of them lol.

Irishdoll said:
I really don remember what char I chose for Oblivion. If there was a healer type it was probably that, since in all games of that type I am a healer(templar for Everquest and healer for Last Chaos). It's been months since I've played. I really miss that game. I'll have to check out Vanguard Skorian. I haven't heard of it. Most of my knowledge on games come from what my husband has been interested in and he can be very limited, sticking to reviews and gamer mags ideas of whats great. I end up getting games that he think will suck and then he ends up liking some of them lol.

You haven't heard of vanguard? WHAT?!?! How about some of the other major MMO's? Originally they were working for Microsoft, but near the end of development they ended up being bought out by SOE sadly. They had tried to get away from SOE since they tend to ruin everything they touch. http://vanguard.station.sony.com/

Yeah I noticed it was SOE after I searched it. It's still an account required game. I didn't look into much research, but what is the basic point of Vanguard (the plot). I usually tend not to like games that aren't orientated toward the Everquest venue of play. They are about the only type of MMO I will play.

Irishdoll said:
Yeah I noticed it was SOE after I searched it. It's still an account required game. I didn't look into much research, but what is the basic point of Vanguard (the plot). I usually tend not to like games that aren't orientated toward the Everquest venue of play. They are about the only type of MMO I will play.

What do yo mean the basic point of Vanguard? Vanguard is literally the real Everquest 2 in most ways.

I don't play it myself, but I did Beta test it.

I only really ever play my DS... But right now I'm stuck on Rondo of Swords... It's freaking hard... (It's a sure sign I'm getting older, video games are getting more difficult, lol)

Fodderboy said:
I only really ever play my DS... But right now I'm stuck on Rondo of Swords... It's freaking hard... (It's a sure sign I'm getting older, video games are getting more difficult, lol)

I never play anything on the "hard" difficulty anymore. While I might be able to do it, I don't enjoy getting killed a hundred times and replaying the same level. I don't have time for that like I used to...unfortunately.

JustLost said:
Fodderboy said:

I never play anything on the "hard" difficulty anymore. While I might be able to do it, I don't enjoy getting killed a hundred times and replaying the same level. I don't have time for that like I used to...unfortunately.

Yeah, but it's totally worth it to beat up all those bandits =0)

Struggling college student here, so bear with me. I can't get the newer stuff lol.

Games your looking forward to:
Metal Gear Solid 4, Silent Hill 5, Resident Evil 5

Games your playing now:
Old school NES games, F.E.A.R, Metal Gear Solid 3, Mariokart Wii (at my sisters house lol)

Games you love (feel free to get nostalgic):
Silent Hill series, Metal Gear Solid series, Kingdom Hearts series, Resident Evil Series, Twisted Metal series, Zelda stuff, Mario stuff, earlier Sonic stuff, Killer Instinct, and ALOT more that I can't think of right now.

I'm a HUGE fan of games that have a good story to them but I also don't mind mindless destruction here and there lol. I wouldn't say I hate any games but I could never get into Final Fantasy. The combat system just kills it for me. Also, I don't see the huge deal with GTA. I've played them (except 4) and they're definitely fun but I'll take Metal Gear over it any day :) .

ooh i love kingdom hearts

I've played a bunch of GTA 3 and i had a lot of fun with it.

Fodderboy said:

I've heard about that game, I've heard it's insanely hard you must be a master to get through it,lol

evanescencefan91 said:
ooh i love kingdom hearts

I've played a bunch of GTA 3 and i had a lot of fun with it.

I never played kingdom hearts, the disney characters kinda threw me off it, but I've only heard good things about it

But I did play GTA 3 that was a pretty fun game, never beat it though I remember I could never get past the mission where you had to blow up little stands or something, just couldn't do it

I just got mega man zx, for like a 5 dollar bargain bin, I haven't played it yet but I am looking forward to it

Fodderboy said:
THEY ARE MAKING A DISGAEA GAME FOR THE DS!!!! DOOD!!!!

O cool that is cause for celebration, never played the original disgaea but did play final fantasy tactics which was amazing and that's right up the same alley so woohoo

Megaman zx is ehhh, it's alright all the forms are nice but it's annoying alway switching back and forth and some of them are practically useless unless in a specific place.. and it's incredibly linear, wish it just gave me 8 places to go and said pick like all other megaman games I mean come on how'd they mess that part up..And the story is....well terrible in a word,lol

Eh at least it was only 5 bucks, and I'm getting my money's worth out of it I guess

Any of you people play Maple Story? I just got re-acquainted with it, and now my sad ass needs friends to play with...

Fodderboy said:
Any of you people play Maple Story? I just got re-acquainted with it, and now my sad ass needs friends to play with...

Never played Maple story, but it's free right?

might look into it

So, anyone else excited about Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for the DS, hmmm? hmmmm?

Well I am lol, I remember I spent a lot of happy time on final fantasy tactics advance, and from the reviews and trailers it looks a lot cooler this time around, so...Yah:p

NeverMore said:
Fodderboy said:

Never played Maple story, but it's free right?

might look into it

So, anyone else excited about Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for the DS, hmmm? hmmmm?

Well I am lol, I remember I spent a lot of happy time on final fantasy tactics advance, and from the reviews and trailers it looks a lot cooler this time around, so...Yah:p

Yeah, I'm all for the free stuff =0) Although they have a shop where you can buy special crap for your character, and now there's a trading card game that links in...But you don't have to spend any money if you don't want to... I've been on it for days... Its addicting

FFTA2: Hell Yes. That is all =0)

So uhh, I heard Diablo III is in the makings. That's 1000 times more cool than Starcraft 2. My hat off to Blizzard ^^

Got so pumped for it I installed Diablo II....AGAIN! Anyone else playing? I'm on Europe/ladder

Jeremi said:
So uhh, I heard Diablo III is in the makings. That's 1000 times more cool than Starcraft 2. My hat off to Blizzard ^^

It might be 2012 before the game comes out. Blizzard is known for pushing back release dates, but they always come through with the best games.

I'm more excited about Starcraft 2, although from what I have seen it looks similar to the first.

Well, Diablo II made me realize that my computer was badly overheating (constant shut-downs), so I got a new chassis yesterday. 4 fans. It's like a fridge! I love it ^^

Jeremi, you might need to clean out the heatsinks for your GPU/CPU. They get filled with dust after enough time and no longer dissipate the heat correctly.

Latest posts

Back