what happened to this forum?!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attention all posters.
This is your captain speaking.
Please desist from all personal slites and bad speling.
Be noice to each uvver.
Don't make narsty jokes. There are a lot of woonded people here who don't like jokes. In fact jokes make them feel more woonded. If possible listen and let them be as miserable as possible. They prefer misery. That way this forum can stay or even become more miserable. And lonely.

humourless said:
Attention all posters.
Be noice to each uvver.
Don't make narsty jokes. There are a lot of woonded people here who don't like jokes. In fact jokes make them feel more woonded. If possible listen and let them be as miserable as possible. They prefer misery. That way this forum can stay or even become more miserable. And lonely.
At last....now that was funny.Can i be top of the list for bad spelers.I knew you was a East London boy alongg. :p

Just Games said:
humourless said:
Attention all posters.
Be noice to each uvver.
At last....now that was funny.Can i be top of the list for bad spelers.I knew you was a East London boy alongg. :p

just games
I see  potential in you.
maybe you can taker over this joint. You make my top 5 sane list. Obviously I am going to call anyone sane who responds positively to my posts though. :)

humourless said:
Just Games said:
humourless said:
Attention all posters.
Be noice to each uvver.

just games
I see  potential in you.
maybe you can taker over this joint. You make my top 5 sane list. Obviously I am going to call anyone sane who responds positively to my posts though. :)

No it needs no Captain , it neds to be fluid thats the beauty of it...ii Piddled is still ear i think i need a holidday i'm actually liking Houmeous today. :club:

Are you still working inna school.Do the kids respond well to your jokiness?Are you lonely yourself or a Billy no mates like me👍

I feel guilty for ignoring my family. They live 5000 km from me. And I don't contact them much.

GustavusMacer said:
nibbysaurus said:
GustavusMacer said:
[thinky face emoji, with hand on chin]

This is the funniest thing I've seen on this forum in a very long time!  :D

This forum seriously lacks emojis...   :/

We have tried to lobby for more.  Didn't work.  They hate emojis here :club:

*runs away*

I've been here on and off for several years, and I think it's the times. Social media offers faster, more visual interaction with a much wider range of people across a wider spectrum of topics. Forums that you have to actively go looking for don't have the same appeal.

We've always been small, but it shows now that people have subreddits and Facebook groups and Twitter hashtags for loneliness and mental health, too. A lot of people come for quick solutions (we don't have them) or get frustrated too easily by disagreements online, so new regulars are scarce.

Still worth stopping in, just not going to be able to compete with how popular forums were 5, 10, or 15 years ago.

Forums seems more suited for Introverts? I tried using reddit and I find it annoying af. To me Reddit feels like an extreme echo chamber of group think. Reddit and similar don't really lend themselves to diverse thinking. Unless it's modded by someone like that.

Tealeaf said:
I've been here on and off for several years, and I think it's the times. Social media offers faster, more visual interaction with a much wider range of people across a wider spectrum of topics. Forums that you have to actively go looking for don't have the same appeal.

We've always been small, but it shows now that people have subreddits and Facebook groups and Twitter hashtags for loneliness and mental health, too. A lot of people come for quick solutions (we don't have them) or get frustrated too easily by disagreements online, so new regulars are scarce.

Still worth stopping in, just not going to be able to compete with how popular forums were 5, 10, or 15 years ago.

Agreed. I miss forums being active. It seems like there’s always a lot of readers and new members but not nearly the levels of posts that should bring.

Latest posts

Back