what happened to this forum?!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Puddled Duck said:
ardour said:
Puddled Duck said:
QuietDesperation2.0 said:
Please don't ban me.

I think it’s silly banning people on a forum, never known anything like it, if you don’t like what they say either respond or just ignore them.

Anyway can’t say anymore now, I’ve got the cats arse in my face.

The thing with obvious trolls is that it creates an atmosphere that's off-putting. Why bother posting anything sincere if the next comment is just someone taking the piss?

Feel free to make another gross joke BTW.

Well take the piss back, verbally joust. You have to do that in all forms of life.

Don’t understand the concept of trolls/WUM’s, have never had any understanding of this concept, don’t think I’d know one if I met one.

Just Games said:
Puddled Duck said:
Just Games said:
Must admit i'm still lonely occassionally and i wouldn't dream of putting up a serious post the way the forum is now.

How many posts can someone put up about how lonely they are?.

I’m lonely, but what can I say?, part of it is purely related to age. The older I’ve got the more lonely I’ve become, principally due to relationship breakdowns.

But how can anyone respond to that, it’s something of a natural occurrence.

I’ve joined loads of forums, they’re great for a week or so, buts it’s easy to exhaust them, then I just pop back once a month to see what’s new.

The only forum I regularly follow is TheMolineuxMix a forum for Wolverhampton Wanderers FC because the world of football is ever changing, week by week, sometimes day by day. So the forum is sort of constantly changing and evolving. But that doesn’t happen here.

You can put up loads and just getting a response can help with lonliness.

Just a bit of banter helps with the loneliness.

I don’t really want to sit here and for the umpteenth time twat on about my wife, or some bloody companion I had with cerebral palsy who both basically just pissed off one day.

Why not put one up about alcholism do you have any experience with that.I have its helped me get through long periods of lonliness and it sucks .

there is hope for puddled duck!
see the absurdity in yourself and life and others.
you know people who face death can still find some humour. Gallows humour i think they call it.
this forum needs more people like me and puddled oh and miss behave too.

Just Games said:
Puddled Duck said:
ardour said:
Puddled Duck said:
QuietDesperation2.0 said:
Please don't ban me.

I think it’s silly banning people on a forum, never known anything like it, if you don’t like what they say either respond or just ignore them.

Anyway can’t say anymore now, I’ve got the cats arse in my face.

The thing with obvious trolls is that it creates an atmosphere that's off-putting. Why bother posting anything sincere if the next comment is just someone taking the piss?

Feel free to make another gross joke BTW.

Well take the piss back, verbally joust. You have to do that in all forms of life.

Don’t understand the concept of trolls/WUM’s, have never had any understanding of this concept, don’t think I’d know one if I met one.

Just Games said:
Puddled Duck said:
Just Games said:
Must admit i'm still lonely occassionally and i wouldn't dream of putting up a serious post the way the forum is now.

How many posts can someone put up about how lonely they are?.

I’m lonely, but what can I say?, part of it is purely related to age. The older I’ve got the more lonely I’ve become, principally due to relationship breakdowns.

But how can anyone respond to that, it’s something of a natural occurrence.

I’ve joined loads of forums, they’re great for a week or so, buts it’s easy to exhaust them, then I just pop back once a month to see what’s new.

The only forum I regularly follow is TheMolineuxMix a forum for Wolverhampton Wanderers FC because the world of football is ever changing, week by week, sometimes day by day. So the forum is sort of constantly changing and evolving. But that doesn’t happen here.

You can put up loads and just getting a response can help with lonliness.

Just a bit of banter helps with the loneliness.

I don’t really want to sit here and for the umpteenth time twat on about my wife, or some bloody companion I had with cerebral palsy who both basically just pissed off one day.

Why not put one up about alcholism do you have any experience with that.I have its helped me get through long periods of lonliness and it sucks .

I know quite a few things about alcoholism. But it’s heavy stuff and really it’s a symptom of loneliness not the cause. If you’ve got an alcoholic problem, see a councillor I did about 3 months ago, didn’t do no good and anyway I’m largely off the drink simply because of money, simply can’t afford it.

humourless said:
you know people who face death can still find some humour. Gallows humour i think they call it.

Or maybe insomnia.Both Puddled and myself are British and we're both here at four in the morning. I love humour too who doesn't but it can scare people with serious problems away  people like me that have been helped by the forum.Have you any idea how nervous i am talking to you at the moment?

Just Games said:
humourless said:

Or maybe insomnia.Both Puddled and myself are British and we're both here at four in the morning. I love humour too who doesn't but it can scare people with serious problems away  people like me that have been helped by the forum.Have you any idea how nervous i am talking to you at the moment?

Yes insomnia, terrible insomnia. Alcohol, try a bottle of vodka a day, cigs, try 40 a day. Loneliness, I see someone on average for 1 hour a week, so only for 1 hour a week sometimes less am I able to talk with someone, then it’s work because I’m on the sick (have been for 5 years).

Why are you nervous?, what is there to be nervous about.

humourless said:

There is no hope!.

I’m 50 now, I was finished at 40, burnt out completely.

Just make the best of a bad job.

I’m now longer of the conclusion there is someone, ‘the one’, who will make it all better. Just cause me more hassle.

Puddled Duck said:
Just Games said:
humourless said:

Yes insomnia, terrible insomnia. Alcohol, try a bottle of vodka a day, cigs, try 40 a day. Loneliness, I see someone on average for 1 hour a week, so only for 1 hour a week sometimes less am I able to talk with someone, then it’s work because I’m on the sick (have been for 5 years).

Because i'm a loner and don't have loads of experience of talking with people just close family because of my lifetime problem with Social Anxiety.

Maybe I didn't get the underlying intent or context right but it seemed more like certain people were taking a dump over the forum as opposed to light hearted banter. Seems like I could have been wrong.

ardour said:
Maybe I didn't get the underlying intent or context right but it seemed more like certain people were taking a dump over the forum as opposed to light hearted banter.

But it’s value judgment.

If they take a dump, they take a dump.

Earth will still spin and we’ll still be here in a months time discussing ‘the one’.

Just Games said:
Puddled Duck said:
Just Games said:
humourless said:

Because i'm a loner and don't have loads of experience of talking with people just close family because of my lifetime problem with Social Anxiety.

Well PM me if you want a bit of a discussion, or get something off your chest or a bit of banter into the insomnia hours.

we need some caring people to run this show.
sci fi sounds overworked undervalued and possibly undertrained. sorry sci fi. but we need professional counsellors on here. i admit my advice can be shonky. i cant beirve anyone would be afraid of me
hang in there guys. i would stay if i thought there were mature caring professionals in charge here anyway.

Puddled Duck said:
ardour said:
Maybe I didn't get the underlying intent or context right but it seemed more like certain people were taking a dump over the forum as opposed to light hearted banter.

But it’s value judgment.

Earth will still spin and we’ll still be here in a months time discussing ‘the one’.

Just Games said:
Puddled Duck said:
Just Games said:
humourless said:

Well PM me if you want a bit of a discussion, or get something off your chest or a bit of banter into the insomnia hours.

There you are there's another one.

Have you had success with making friends over forum pm systems.... i'm full of ideas.Got to sleep now up in 2 hours take care mate ;)

Just Games said:
Puddled Duck said:
ardour said:

But it’s value judgment.

Just Games said:
Puddled Duck said:
Just Games said:

There you are there's another one.

Have you had success with making friends over forum pm systems.... i'm full of ideas.Got to sleep now up in 2 hours take care mate ;)

Why do you think I want friends?.

I have a thirst for something, it’s not money, it’s not sex, it’s not relationships, it’s not drugs/alcohol, it’s not even friends. It’s not even the cat.

In fact a friend is the last person I need strangely enough.

Just a reminder that name calling and insulting other members of this forum is NOT allowed. So knock it off, you people want to sit here and complain about the forum and the "state it's in" when you are the ones who make it the state it is, don't like it change the way you use it. Stop picking at each other.

Start making the right changes today. Ban that person and delete their posts.
Make this forum somewhere worth coming today. Sadistic posts are not welcome from anyone. Rubbish like their's just breeds more of it. Start being responsible.

windowtothesky said:
Start making the right changes today. Ban that person and delete their posts.
Make this forum somewhere worth coming today. Sadistic posts are not welcome from anyone. Rubbish like their's just breeds more of it. Start being responsible.

Sadistic person, well it could be anyone?. 99% of the forum could be sadistic and probably are, my wife was sadistic.

Can you be a bit more precise?.

All I see are bumping egos, projecting, people eating popcorn, immaturity, and misplaced blame.

Let this thread be an example of what this forum shouldn't be and stop replying in it and causing even more toxicity in one of the few places people want to go to in order to AVOID such a thing. PLEASE!

This BEHAVIOR and TOXICITY is what makes this forum in the state that it is in right now. Adding fuel to the flame doesn't put it out!

ha siku
the old blame the blamers trick
guess you want the high moral ground too

ardour said:
Romantic love is a childish dated concept that once served to compel people to get married, raise children and conform to societal expectations. What we take for love is a mixture of basic physical attraction, infatuation and a psychological need for validation from person we’re infatuated with. Actual altruistically motivated caring develops later after an emotional bond is established. I guess you could call that love, but it’s shares more in common wih the concern and sense of obligation towards relatives or close friends.

humourless said:
ha siku
the old blame the blamers trick
guess you want the high moral ground too

Exactly.

Latest posts

Back