what happened to this forum?!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just Games said:
Entertaining it was , big charachters , good community spirit ,even the trolls were a laugh...now just dull :(

Then bring it back to where it could be.

You think I’m going to WUM you?, you think i’m going to troll you?, you think you’re not going to get my full support?.

Let’s get it back to where it can be.

Then good bye everyone, and thanks for all the fish.

Retires to his bed, goes on YouTube, slaps on ‘and now we are free’, dies.

Puddled Duck said:
Just Games said:
Entertaining it was , big charachters , good community spirit ,even the trolls were a laugh...now just dull :(

You think I’m going to WUM you?, you think i’m going to troll you?, you think you’re not going to get my full support?.

Yeah ..just need bored housewifes that'll sort it ;)

humourless said:
Try Panadol and get back to me on that.

If I had no partner Id basically have no friends. My borther is single and has been all his life. Now he leads an incredibly busy social life. Hardly ever at home. So my advice? Be single minded. Get out there. Try everything. Every pub club or social group. Don't spend a minute of self pity at home brooding. People need to know you exist and you are worth knowing.
My bias would a be a Christian related social group but that's up to you.
What is your passion? What gets you excited? If nothing, then can you complain about being lonely? Other people don't want to communicate with passionless bores. And neither do you. Get motivated! Watch Tony Robbins. (oops I hate that guy actually)

Just Games said:
Puddled Duck said:
Just Games said:

Absolutely, you need a retired woman, who puts a bun in the oven and twats on about a weekend break to Canterbury cathedral and a pleasant day bell ringing.

Stick around, it’s sex, drugs and rock and roll from now on.

Puddled Duck said:
humourless said:

If I had no partner Id basically have no friends. My borther is single and has been all his life. Now he leads an incredibly busy social life. Hardly ever at home. So my advice? Be single minded. Get out there. Try everything. Every pub club or social group. Don't spend a minute of self pity at home brooding. People need to know you exist and you are worth knowing.
What is your passion? What gets you excited? If nothing, then can you complain about being lonely? Other people don't want to communicate with passionless bores. And neither do you. Get motivated! Watch Tony Robbins. (oops I hate that guy actually)

Just Games said:
Puddled Duck said:
Just Games said:

Absolutely, you need a retired woman, who puts a bun in the oven and twats on about a weekend break to Canterbury cathedral and a pleasant day bell ringing.

No i gotta disagree ...they give you hugs when your pi$$ed off.They emit warm feelings to all on the forum and positivity and hope that can be loverrrly..they are the glue thats essential on some forums. :)

Just Games said:
Puddled Duck said:
humourless said:

Just Games said:
Puddled Duck said:
Just Games said:

No i gotta disagree ...they give you hugs when your pi$$ed off.They emit warm feelings to all on the forum and positivity and hope that can be loverrrly..they are the glue thats essential on some forums. :)

Fine, you want hugs, i’ll give you hugs, but this forum has being going for what ten years, in that time time say 10 people populate them, thousands have signed up, don’t give me hugs, don’t tell ‘hun I’m doing amazingly’, give me a career, give me a woman that loves me, give me great sex, give me a wife that loves me!.

You choose, they will give you hugs, I will give you practical abvice, I will give you tangible advice, hugs, hugs doesn’t bring me my wife back, hugs doesn’t rebiled my career. Go on on the dealingingwithdealing with depression with forum and prepare yourself for ‘hunny your doing amazingly’, think about that when, your in bed, and your husband has left you because the sex is crap.

No..its not the same as a housewife hug  it just makes your day..gotta work now :club:

Just Games said:
No..its not the same as a housewife hug  it just makes your day..gotta work now :club:

You’ve gotta work, no one will employ me.

It makes your day?.

You choose, they’re sits a modularator of this forum, they can ban me.

You have introduced work, to what is a essentially a health forum.

I never talk about work, health is important.

I never!, never talk about work, I have worked for 30 years, tirelessly.

Health is important, mental and physical.

I will never, ever!, state that word.

If someone never ever works it means nothing to me.

Health is important.

There are 1.4 million on the dole, 2.5 million on ESA, 3.5 million on DLA, we don’t attends pubs with you. We don’t go to work with you. We don’t go to Canterbury cathedral with you, we don’t bake cakes with you and ring bells. In fact we don’t exist.

That’s 7.4 million people, who don’t exist, except for daytime tv at best and *offensive word removed* on,

Enjoy yourself at work.

Yeah sure, people with 30 posts in 2 years are complaining about how the forum is dead.

Typical Italian tendency, so sweet <3

humourless said:
Even the mods have gone AWOL.   lol

This forum is uniquely weird. Don't like the technology much either. prefer the B Bulletin type forums.
Can this forum be saved?
Should we get crowdfunding to save it?
When you've resorted to playing those mindless word game threads, life has reached rock bottom imo.
Im a reject from many other forums to be honest.
This is my last resort. I need you people to worship and adore me. Im on my knees now. Please please  I beg of you …..

I'm also a reject from other forums, but I find myself having to leave this forum as well, pretty soon. People don't take kindly to me. 

I'm always awed by how some people can continuously post for years on a forum, or those newer types of sites like Reddit. That means whatever they say, and how they say it - has enough support that they feel comfortable to continue posting. 

Most sites, especially the ones with the younger people - are incredibly rude and crude these days. In the old days of forums, people weren't as nasty. 

I still see some old-fashioned forums that are pretty active, but they're not about loneliness or mental health per se.

I was quite a while without using any forums. This year I found (again, because I had first met that one like ten years ago, and then again like three years ago) a forum about Latin (language of the ancient Romans) and I got really enthusiastic about it, but people began treat me weird, so I decided to look for other forums and found this, that, as much as Latin, has to do with me deeply. (I'm as much a lonely fellow as I am a Latin student and lover.) At least here people haven't (yet) treated me in a bad way...

There's another forum I used to go that I recovered these days (last Sunday, actually, when I inscribed here), which is about a hobby. I liked those people, but once I'm not active in the hobby anymore, I don't believe I'll keep up with them...

I think I had seen this forum before, a while back (a few years/many years ago). I never felt I could or should join. I think I had never seen myself so lonely as I am now, though I already was. (I deceived myself to think the people I know were my friends, when it is actually not true...)

I thought about joining forums on Tolkien or on Star Wars, or maybe one for writers, but I don't really want any of these. A forum about Tolkien is a real problem to me, because I really only like the books, and there's a lot of people in these forums that are there because of the movies, and I cannot feel happy among them... (I hate those movies. I don't care if anyone loves them in this forum, because here this is not the central topic...) As for Star Wars, I don't think I'm all that of a fan... I like the first trilogy, and Rogue One, and that's about it. As for a forum for writers, I'm not really one yet, so I feel out of place.

I still go to the forum about Latin, but it's not a place where I can say whatever I want, because people really don't treat me well there, except for one (maybe two) guy(s). They look down upon me... There's always something wrong with me, especially in the eyes of the admins... It's menacing... It's early to say this won't happen here, but, well, I have to try to be somewhere...

QuietDesperation said:
I'm also a reject from other forums, but I find myself having to leave this forum as well, pretty soon. People don't take kindly to me.

I'm always awed by how some people can continuously post for years on a forum, or those newer types of sites like Reddit. That means whatever they say, and how they say it - has enough support that they feel comfortable to continue posting.

Most sites, especially the ones with the younger people - are incredibly rude and crude these days. In the old days of forums, people weren't as nasty.

I still see some old-fashioned forums that are pretty active, but they're not about loneliness or mental health per se.
I've been the same as well. With the exception of this forum. It's mostly because of a few people I care about that are around on here and my mental state perhaps. They aren't nearly as active anymore so I'm not 'entirely' sure why I am still here (or rather why I returned)... lol.

Until this one, I never spent more than a couple months active on a forum. I've even created a few of my own in the early 2000s in my teenage webmaster'ing hay days. And the same still applied. I guess I enjoyed making the layouts/designs for them.

I'm under the assumption that most people on here don't like change or don't see any significance behind changing this site unless it's deemed as an actual necessity. Don't need to fix what's not broken.

I have to humbly disagree with you though. At least the forums I always went on, those rude and crude people still existed. It's a trait that has not worsened. It's just in higher quantities now alongside the ease of internet connectivity and social media "progressions" (I'd call it legitimate social regressions).  I just feel that the social significance behind them and how one was seen were more prominent back then. People gave a honeysuckle more of how they were perceived on them. The actual social media of that age. Now, that's translated over to things like Facebook or Instagram instead.

That anonymity, masks, or douchebaggery (if you will) was very much a thing back then too. I speak from experience. But then again, all of this is entirely subjective. I'm just trying my best to refrain from the "back in my day" talk and recall things more openly and unbiased as possible.

Back in my day people were decent.
Forums were more civilised back in the sixtees. We had good moderators top.

It’s a bit strange.

The most active thead on this forum, is sounding the death knoll to this forum.

humourless said:
Back in my day people were decent.
Forums were more civilised back in the sixtees. We had good moderators top.

Good as in Thurgood? I believe my inexperienced and naive mind was vaguely told of these tales. I've heard of these 'forums'. I think my favourite moderator was MLKJR29. They made quite the movement, didn't they?

So this is really a forum for rejects? What about this forum makes it a dumping ground for people who are bullied out of, or banned from other forums? I guess it's a lesser-known forum out there, and the ugly interface/design makes people not want to sign up or spend much time here.

QuietDesperation said:
So this is really a forum for rejects? Wow, maybe I belong here...though I don't. The more I post anywhere, the more people started treating me weird. I really like the forums where you can hide your post history - but those are extremely few and far between. In that way, you can "start over" with every new post - but if you keep posting in the same sections, people will start recognizing your name soon.

This forum is the worst I've been on in that even the mods/admins won't delete any of your posts or threads. I can't even go back to edit them after a few hours(?). It's like they want our dumb rants to stay up there for all of eternity. And I'm kind of ok with that. A reason why I keep posting is that I have no say in this world, so at least posting on dumb forums will get my useless rants "out there," haha.

In my experiences, sometimes your mind tricks you into thinking you don't belong in certain places. I know it all too well... If you keep going back somewhere, even if it's subconscious, then just roll with it. You are going back for a very 'real' reason. No matter how insignificant or stupid your mind tells you it is. And I understand the feeling of wanting to be invisible or starting over when people act differently or you feel you somehow messed up, very ******* well....

Sometimes people don't know how to respond to certain things. They think they're inferior or incapable to carry their own, or contribute anything substantial into the conversation. I'm guilty of being behind both sides of that window. I barely know you so excuse my deducing if it's wrong or not, but I can't help but feel like some people may be a bit intimidated by your educated and expressive nature. I wouldn't think too deeply about it and it might just be a more simple reason you feel outcasted or outside of 'the circle'. Not always necessarily rejection or misunderstanding. This is precisely why you see way more replies in the 'less personal' banter, and game threads. Or why very active threads suddenly stop dead in their tracts. It's hard to follow.

I personally know that there is indeed a setting on this forum's script (myBB) (or nearly any professional board script really), that aged posts are naturally purged in order to keep the database a reasonable size. But, I think there are many justifiable reasons why it is off. e. g. All the beloved forum members that have passed on, eulogies, and journal/diary entries. So out of respect to them, I think that is one pf the major reasons such a setting is not on by default. Aside from that, it's a bit much to ask moderators to hand delete posts, especially when it's just a few volunteers. They won't appease to a select few. So, while I do agree with you to some degree, I understand why they don't.

You call it "useless rants", I call it someone's very real thoughts and emotions. Some people need to vent, especially if they feel they aren't listened. The point of view I try to adapt is; if you're embarrassed by anything you've said in the past, let it be a lesson. And if you're judged for it, screw whomever things wrongly of it. :p

Forgive my overly expressive nature or boy scout banter. I often go off on a tangent lol.

Latest posts

Back