what happened to this forum?!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QuietDesperation said:
So this is really a forum for rejects? What about this forum makes it a dumping ground for people who are bullied out of, or banned from other forums? I guess it's a lesser-known forum out there, and the ugly interface/design makes people not want to sign up or spend much time here.
This is my last port of call. Please don't ban me. Don't put me on those lonely cyber streets that line the Information Superhighway. Forums are like homeless shelters. For those that are either hallucinating from too much twitter time or are so lonely at home their dogs wont talk to them any more.

Im so lonely I could cry
Im so ugly
My dog asks "why?"
I turned to God
But even he's fed up
Guess what Humourless
You lack humour
And your poetry skills
are lacking poetry
You used to rhyme
But now its time
To move on down
the cyber superhighway
and burden someone lese

https://pics.me.me/im-not-sure-whats-going-on-but-my-*******-is-29887971.png

Unix said:

giphy.gif

Except for the fact that there are ghosts that account for some of those "lurkers" so your facts aren't correct.

Not to mention that you don't know any of the people here, given that you don't even try to let anyone in and try to help you, so where exactly do you fall in the two types of people?
Perhaps you should stop thinking in black and white and realize there are a million other colors out there that you don't bother to try to see. You have judge and condemned people on this forum over two accounts. And most people here were only trying to help you. So yeah, if you want to call us all weirdos and trolls and bullies and whatever the hell else you can think up, have at it. Keep in mind that you and no one else defines any individual person. The individual person defines themselves, whether you or they want to believe it or not. The world is vast, the world has a million different opportunities out there for people, even people who need this forum. All you have to do is keep your eyes open to them and honestly, a lot of people here don't. You are who you make yourself. Don't like yourself? Find a way to like yourself. You don't like your situation? Find a way to change your situation. The first (and last) step has to come from you.

QuietDesperation2.0 said:
Please don't ban me, either, and let me leave on my own. It's like being executed or murdered vs. committing suicide.

I'm don't want to be put on the lonely streets of the Information Superhighway, either. Forums are indeed like homeless shelters. It's like the lesser of two evils - putting up with the mess/complexities of this forum and others, or not posting on a forum at all.

It seems this forum has dissolved into two types of people - the real, genuine ones who are lonely and looking for something...and some weirdos/troll-like people who post random and bizarre stuff. It's pretty surprising that at any given time, there's a few registered members on the site and a couple hundred lurkers. That must be far, far lower than the numbers in this site's heyday, whenever it was.

Life is messy and complicated sometimes, and you're always going to run into people you don't understand or just don't agree with you as well as some people who just want to cause trouble, whether you're on a forum or not. And as I've said before, if your first instinct is always to quit and run away, you will always be lonely.

Do you just not realize you can log out? Banning and deleting your account are not the only options, especially if you're just going to come back as QuietDesperation3.0. Your text has been repeated in other peoples replies... your words won't disappear when your account is deleted.

humourless said:
Callie comes under the third type  Obnoxiously argumentative and petty.

You tend to fluctuate between troll and "real person", so ... you know, consider the source. :D

troll is the most hackneyed word on the net. used by desperados who lack writing skills.

Please don't ban me.

I think it’s silly banning people on a forum, never known anything like it, if you don’t like what they say either respond or just ignore them.

Anyway can’t say anymore now, I’ve got the cats arse in my face.

Puddled Duck said:
Please don't ban me.

I think it’s silly banning people on a forum, never known anything like it, if you don’t like what they say either respond or just ignore them.

The thing with obvious trolls is that it creates an atmosphere that's off-putting. Why bother posting anything sincere if the next comment is just someone taking the piss?

Feel free to make another gross joke BTW.

ardour said:
Puddled Duck said:
Please don't ban me.

The thing with obvious trolls is that it creates an atmosphere that's off-putting, discouraging  people from posting sincere thoughts. Feel free to make another joke BTW and help fast-track the ban that should have already happened.

ardour
give me a break. this place had/has  become a joke. little or no traffic. In all honesty I think my posts were the only indication this forum had a pulse at all.
and some of the people left here are about as funny as the back of a bus ticket. No wonder they are lonely. They need to get a sense of humour!

humourless said:
ardour said:
Puddled Duck said:
Please don't ban me.

The thing with obvious trolls is that it creates an atmosphere that's off-putting, discouraging  people from posting sincere thoughts. Feel free to make another joke BTW and help fast-track the ban that should have already happened.

ardour
give me a break. this place had/has  become a joke. little or no traffic. In all honesty I think my posts were the only indication this forum had a pulse at all.
and some of the people left here are about as funny as the back of a bus ticket. No wonder they are lonely. They need to get a sense of humour!

Oh you're a hard one... but I know you've got your reasons.

kaetic said:
humourless said:
ardour said:
Puddled Duck said:
Please don't ban me.

ardour

see what I mean?
the standard of wit here is crap

humourless said:
ardour said:
Puddled Duck said:
Please don't ban me.

ardour
Must admit i'm still lonely occassionally and i wouldn't dream of putting up a serious post the way the forum is now.

humourless said:
kaetic said:
humourless said:
ardour said:
Puddled Duck said:

ardour

see what I mean?
the standard of wit here is crap

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]You're losin' all your highs and lows[/font]
[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Ain't it funny how the feeling goes away?[/font]

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]I just don't take you seriously. Why waste wit on you when you're obviously trying to get a rise out of people? You get copy/paste lyrics.[/font]
[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Last one, I promise. [/font]

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]You better let somebody love you, before it's too late.[/font]

Just Games said:
humourless said:
ardour said:
Puddled Duck said:
Please don't ban me.

ardour
Must admit i'm still lonely occassionally and i wouldn't dream of putting up a serious post the way the forum is now.

How many posts can someone put up about how lonely they are?.

I’m lonely, but what can I say?, part of it is purely related to age. The older I’ve got the more lonely I’ve become, principally due to relationship breakdowns.

But how can anyone respond to that, it’s something of a natural occurrence.

I’ve joined loads of forums, they’re great for a week or so, buts it’s easy to exhaust them, then I just pop back once a month to see what’s new.

The only forum I regularly follow is TheMolineuxMix a forum for Wolverhampton Wanderers FC because the world of football is ever changing, week by week, sometimes day by day. So the forum is sort of constantly changing and evolving. But that doesn’t happen here.

Puddled Duck said:
Just Games said:
humourless said:
ardour said:
Puddled Duck said:

ardour

I’m lonely, but what can I say?, part of it is purely related to age. The older I’ve got the more lonely I’ve become, principally due to relationship breakdowns.

I’ve joined loads of forums, they’re great for a week or so, buts it’s easy to exhaust them, then I just pop back once a month to see what’s new.

The only forum I regularly follow is TheMolineuxMix a forum for Wolverhampton Wanderers FC because the world of football is ever changing, week by week, sometimes day by day. So the forum is sort of constantly changing and evolving. But that doesn’t happen here.

You can put up loads and just getting a response can help with lonliness.You can also meet great people here through the pm system another way to alleviate lonliness.I've been lonely all my life wish i new of this forum when i was younger.

ardour said:
Puddled Duck said:
Please don't ban me.

The thing with obvious trolls is that it creates an atmosphere that's off-putting. Why bother posting anything sincere if the next comment is just someone taking the piss?

Feel free to make another gross joke BTW.

Well take the piss back, verbally joust. You have to do that in all forms of life.

Don’t understand the concept of trolls/WUM’s, have never had any understanding of this concept, don’t think I’d know one if I met one.

Just Games said:
Puddled Duck said:
Just Games said:
humourless said:
ardour said:

ardour

You can put up loads and just getting a response can help with lonliness.

Just a bit of banter helps with the loneliness.

I don’t really want to sit here and for the umpteenth time twat on about my wife, or some bloody companion I had with cerebral palsy who both basically just pissed off one day.

Latest posts

Back