What Life Advice Can You Offer From Your Own Experience?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never rook when your opponent is about to queen.

I found this most useful in relationships.

Logic is a far better friend than emotion

Yeah but emotions are sometimes useful indicators that something is wrong. Like a "gut feeling". If you have a "gut feeling" that you are being bullied but can't quite articulate it, you probably are.

Nice guys mightn't finish first in the rat race but they usually end up happiest in the long run.

Just because you think you are funny doesn't mean everyone does.

Courage is the most important assett to live life. Courage to take risks, courage to be honest and assertive in all relationships and courage to accept your situation without complaining. Courage to be optimistic in the face of pessimism. Courage to be yourself and courage to be unpopular when necessary.

Don't trust people so easily. Not everyone will be your best friend. I trust people way too easily. Lesson learned lol.

Always tip bartenders. They never forget it. I used to tip them all the time and every now and then I would receive an extra shot of Southern Comfort. They deserve to be tipped anyway. Most rely on their tips for living.

I once heard this somewhere, and I believe it's true:

"..When you hate someone you are really hating yourself, because half of them don't know, and the other half don't care..."

we are all clueless..

some are just better at pretending they`re not.
some are just really good at hiding it.
and others just dont care.

the rest just doesn`t fit in..

Trust No One.

The Truth is Out There.

Deny Everything.

Apology is Policy.

Happiness is only real when shared.

tumblr_mcx93pHuU31rab9zuo1_500.jpg

Sci-Fi said:
Trust in no one but yourself and never let people in real life get too close to you. They will end up letting you down. And it's okay to be a little selfish now and then, everyone else does it.

Wow! That's the most nihilistic thing I've read on ALL so far!? Hope you were being tongue-in-cheek?

Latest posts

Back