What mask do you hide behind?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At work, you should use whatever mask, or a better word is persona to make as much money as possible. Simply for no other reason then money is important (at least stupid people seem to thing so, and they run the show)

Once you leave work, you should instantly be yourself. If you continue, your fake alter-ego, there is no other reason for it other then mental weakness.

You do not need the mask, its made up to begin with, and living in fear everyday is not what being a human is about. You ever notice how terrified wild animals are of humans? Notice how they run for no reason? Thats why they are at the bottom of the food chain, and us at the top....

Every single person here is a much better, and stronger person then there weak fake persona.

If people mock you (and they will), who cares? Trendy, do-nothings arn't even mentioned in history books, so what is there purpose in life again? Have they ever even thought of it?

I know for a fact I am not a useless person, i have talents & skills, I can go to pretty much any website on the internet, read & understand it, while a lot of people struggle with basic reading comprehension.

Yet, I am constantly reminded by TV, news, etc. how other people are SOOO much better then me... Yet never a single reason is actually listed other then "they are more popular" .

Tesla was unpopular man, and cause of him is the only reason why we even have any amount of technology today. Fools will be fools, greatness will be greatness.

Direlight said:
At work, you should use whatever mask, or a better word is persona to make as much money as possible. Simply for no other reason then money is important (at least stupid people seem to thing so, and they run the show)

Once you leave work, you should instantly be yourself. If you continue, your fake alter-ego, there is no other reason for it other then mental weakness.

You do not need the mask, its made up to begin with, and living in fear everyday is not what being a human is about. You ever notice how terrified wild animals are of humans? Notice how they run for no reason? Thats why they are at the bottom of the food chain, and us at the top....

Every single person here is a much better, and stronger person then there weak fake persona.

If people mock you (and they will), who cares? Trendy, do-nothings arn't even mentioned in history books, so what is there purpose in life again? Have they ever even thought of it?

I know for a fact I am not a useless person, i have talents & skills, I can go to pretty much any website on the internet, read & understand it, while a lot of people struggle with basic reading comprehension.

Yet, I am constantly reminded by TV, news, etc. how other people are SOOO much better then me... Yet never a single reason is actually listed other then "they are more popular" .

Tesla was unpopular man, and cause of him is the only reason why we even have any amount of technology today. Fools will be fools, greatness will be greatness.

While I comprehend and even appreciate some of your reasoning. It's far to, matter of fact and pat, for my tastes. I've known a good many folks who are quite strong mentally and still, they wear masks for a plethora of other reasons.

Nothing about the human is simply a determination of strong vs weak. Not even the mention of us being at the top of the foodchain. Jump in a shark infested pool without a weapon and see who becomes whoes dinner. Human arrogance makes us believe we are superior, when in fact, we are one of the most vulenrable species on the entire planet.

To say it's all an issue of weakness is like saying all heavy people have only to stop eating, without examining the reasons why they may eat in a certain way to begin with. Is it a mental issue or is it a physical one? Is it too many calories in their intake or a sluggish metabolism? Many reasons and not all of them depend on strength or weakness.

I think oversimplification of problems inhance the problems that exist.

I also think there are vastly different reasons why a problem exists from one human to another. By dismissing the complexities behind the issues with one solution causes many folks to feel even more inferior than they already do.

Medical science doesn't do every heart transplant in the same way on every person because the dynamics for each individual is very different.

To suggest that everyone just take off the mask they wore all day, says that being duplicitous at work, for the cash, is fine. I would strongly disagree with that. Though for some it may be a perfect solution.

People and their issues must be handled as the unique situation each is. To lump everyone into an oversimplified solution does nothing...

I try to appear tough and hardass.

I am also quiet.

I try to be polite and not step on anybody's toes.

Dire, I'm gonna hafta side with Nina on this one.

Sometimes its necessary to play a part or wear a mask for the benefit of others, because it's the right thing to do. Or maybe some people just enjoy wearing certain masks, not for any ill-mental health reason or weakness, but because they like it.

Having a mask doesn't make a person weak. It makes them human.

Wandering stranger said:
My mask is power

This a perfect example of the powerful and successful folks who have just as many maskes as the more timid and fearful. ANYONE and possibly EVERYONE wears one at one time or another. NOT just to make money but for many reasons.

Anyone who read this entire thread could easily see that some of the STRONGEST folks wear masks. They survived insurmountable odds in their pasts and to simply survive the opinions and attitudes of the masses they wear masks to hide the pain they've suffered, maybe the mask they wear is one of the things that hold them together and keeps their sanity in check.

lol if you all say so, could of swore at least 1 person said there mask was because there afraid to be themselves.

also there was a news story of a guy who drug a shark out of the water and killed it.....

anyways these forums bore me; just more people in denial.

Direlight said:
lol if you all say so, could of swore at least 1 person said there mask was because there afraid to be themselves.

Could've been me, I mentioned that I were a mask becuase I don't like to be my usual self becuase it's depression and boring, something like that. I know it's becuase I get depressed easily, but even with the mask on I still do, I just cover it up more.

Direlight--
This thread holds the words of many people walking through their jouney into self awareness. That is the total opposite of denial...
Oversimplification of anything, especially the behaviors and motivations of the masses, is a prime symptom of denial...

This thread may well exist beyond your comprehensive abilities, or it may be that YOUR mask of denial is still a bit too fixed and thick for you to understand it's even there.

This is not mean't in the tone of an attack, but simply as a response to a judgement you wrote about others...
Judge and be judged...

Badjedidude said:
Direlight said:
anyways these forums bore me; just more people in denial.

Then don't ******* come back, dipshit.

Direlight, that kind of attitude is uncalled for.

also, don't ******* come back, dipshit. lulz

Nina said:
I wonder if the rest of you folks hiding behind smiles experiece this: People naturallly assume that because you smile, you have nothing wrong in your life? I have a natural interest in folks in general but friends I always take a very deep stand with. As time passes you find that many of your friendships become very one-sided with you as the constant supporter and no one to support you...

Yes, exactly. No one wants to hear my troubles, but I had better be all smiles or I'm a drag for them.

the smiley mask is the best. people don't ask much, they assume all is alright. it's good not to be troubled :)

Latest posts

Back