What Things Do You Want To Do Before You Die?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Ride the L'etape Du Tour
2. Finish Bachelor Degree with strong grades and research --> Get Masters degree --> Ph.D degree --> M.D. degree --> Become a successful engineer
3. True love --> Marriage --> Stable family

I'd like to be in a relationship and have children.
I'd like to meet Hideo Kojima and David Hayter.
I'd like to attend Wrestlemania for my first time.
I'd like to leave this country and head for somewhere that I've never been. (e.g. Japan or America)
I'd tell my loved ones how much they mean to me.
I'd like to meet some Wrestlers in person (e.g Undertaker, Daniel Bryan and Cesaro)

1. I'd like to go to Hawaii and see a live volcano.
2. I'd love to go to Tornado alley and chase storms.
3. To go on holiday to the Maldives and stay in a beach hut in the ocean.
4..Climb the rail bridge where I stay.

(Don't matter the order for me.)

I like to find my soul-mate. (Like everyone else.)
Go travel to Japan and Ireland.
Be an author of a book or two.
Get down to my goal weight.

I'll start off with the easy one:

-find my soulmate
-write a graphic novel, either a sci-fi for all ages or a fantasy-ish setting with talking animals geared more for a younger crowd
-write original guitar songs
-travel to more places
-drive a classic muscle car
-see some exotic animals up close
-fly
-find a way to be at least somewhat well-to-do
-have more memories

Tulip23 said:
1. I'd like to go to Hawaii and see a live volcano.
2. I'd love to go to Tornado alley and chase storms.
3. To go on holiday to the Maldives and stay in a beach hut in the ocean.
4..Climb the rail bridge where I stay.

I have a friend who lives in Hawaii. I'd love to go there and try surfing! I don't know how good at it I'd get but it looks exciting. And I love how it's summer year-round there.

I've seen pics of the Maldives by the way, and it looks lovely. What's a rail bridge though?

TheSkaFish said:
-write a graphic novel, either a sci-fi for all ages or a fantasy-ish setting with talking animals geared more for a younger crowd
-write original guitar songs

I have a friend who lives in Hawaii. I'd love to go there and try surfing! I don't know how good at it I'd get but it looks exciting. And I love how it's summer year-round there.

I've seen pics of the Maldives by the way, and it looks lovely. What's a rail bridge though?
you should start writing now. What's stopping you ?
Cool..You should invite yourself to visit him. Surfing looks a lot of fun.If you look at page 3 of express yourself you'll see my random photos.I live beside bridge and I want to climb up it. They are building a viewing platform

-Go to Japan and ride from north to south on a motorcycle
-.....Finish learning to ride a motorcycle!!
-Travel to the Far East and Canada
-Eat a Snake and other weird animals
-Fly in a Fighter Jet
-Fall in Love again
-Learn a Martial Art
-Snowboard in the Alps
-See the Pyramids of Giza

Tulip23 said:
you should start writing now. What's stopping you ?
Cool..You should invite yourself to visit him. Surfing looks a lot of fun.If you look at page 3 of express yourself you'll see my random photos.I live beside bridge and I want to climb up it. They are building a viewing platform

Mm, need to take care of the basics first, so I can relax and get into the mood to create. And I also need to read more, so I get more ideas and get a better feel for what good stories are made of.

Travel the world
Meet different cultures, eat new foods
Get a job, not just sitting in an office, like actually doing something
Watch my favorite football teams on stadium (Arsenal, Schalke04, Real Madrid, Sporting Lisbon, Juventus)
go to Tomorrowland and Ultra
march at Makkah Mukarramah
live in Europe
Die. Yes, I would like to die before I'm dead ... jk

I must do this glamping thing.

tent-interior-slide.jpg

Solivagant said:
I don't know how many of these would be possible anymore, but...

Travel the world (especially Europe, and road trip around America).
Get my Ph.D.
Find a fulfilling life's work that utilizes my natural talents and gives me purpose.
Try storm-chasing.
Take a hot air balloon ride.
Fly first class.
Get invited to a Halloween party.
Have true friends.
Experience joy.
Experience being loved.
Be somebody's first choice, not someone they're settling for.

Only a few things.

-Finish the daunting task that is education (I'm a little 'behind')
-Live in America
-Write, write, write and write some more
-Meet someone who likes me for who I am. If not, I'm content with finding a comfy cave to dwell in. Maybe befriend a bear.

I tend to live in my head a lot, I have thought of bucket lists and all that whether they be huge types of things or really simple ones. What I keep coming back to is I don't care one way or the other if I do them or not, I don't mean that to sound depressing as such as I don't feel at all depressed about it. I think it just means that I haven't found something that I really want to do yet. I also have a problem where whenever I have achieved something I haven't felt any great sense of fulfillment anyway, so I think that also plays a part, it seems a lot of hard work to get that anti climatic feeling!

Monkee said:
I tend to live in my head a lot, I have thought of bucket lists and all that whether they be huge types of things or really simple ones. What I keep coming back to is I don't care one way or the other if I do them or not, I don't mean that to sound depressing as such as I don't feel at all depressed about it. I think it just means that I haven't found something that I really want to do yet. I also have a problem where whenever I have achieved something I haven't felt any great sense of fulfillment anyway, so I think that also plays a part, it seems a lot of hard work to get that anti climatic feeling!

****, Monkee we must have been separated at birth. I feel the exact same way, about not caring one way or the other. Most all of it falls back on something I was pursuing (career-wise) and it didn't happen...I've mentioned it in a couple of past posts...since then, I just don't really care and really don't feel I will regret it when I'm in my 60-70s. Will say this, I have experience quite a bit of the ones others have mentioned, so again that's partially why I don't seem to care. I know, I sound like a Debbie Downer, but actually I have had a decent life.

Due to what I've just mentioned don't take it that I'm sitting idly by. I actually have several projects I"m working on that I hope to see fulfilled by the end of the year (I plan on posting them in the Express yourself section)...building a fishing pontoon (should be done by next week), a MAME arcade, an electric guitar and small amp...those two have been put on the back burner. But like you Monkee, I'll probably not feel a great amount of fulfillment when I'm done with my projects (been there, done that)...except the fishing pontoon, as that will be used every weekend.

beautiful loser said:
Monkee said:
****, Monkee we must have been separated at birth. I feel the exact same way, about not caring one way or the other. Most all of it falls back on something I was pursuing (career-wise) and it didn't happen...I've mentioned it in a couple of past posts...since then, I just don't really care and really don't feel I will regret it when I'm in my 60-70s. Will say this, I have experience quite a bit of the ones others have mentioned, so again that's partially why I don't seem to care. I know, I sound like a Debbie Downer, but actually I have had a decent life.

Due to what I've just mentioned don't take it that I'm sitting idly by. I actually have several projects I"m working on that I hope to see fulfilled by the end of the year (I plan on posting them in the Express yourself section)...building a fishing pontoon (should be done by next week), a MAME arcade, an electric guitar and small amp...those two have been put on the back burner. But like you Monkee, I'll probably not feel a great amount of fulfillment when I'm done with my projects (been there, done that)...except the fishing pontoon, as that will be used every weekend.

It reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where Grandpa Simpson inherits a heap of money and starts to spend it and rides a roller coaster with zero joy, none of these things give him any pleasure at all, it is like he is just going through the motions of what might make someone else happy, or perhaps these things just no longer make him happy at all.

Like you though, I do things I like to do, I just usually enjoy the moment rather than bask in victory afterwards.

Write a legit good story with characters and situations that actually evoke real feeling

Write an album where there is at least one song that someone will replay 10 times in a row

Find out how to be truly healthy and pass this on to whoever wants it/needs it

Fight something evil and win (can be a person, an organization, an idea, a belief, anything really)

Be good, be well. Be a winner, a conqueror, but not evil. I dont' know. it's hard to explain.

Latest posts

Back