what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OIP.Y1vrb5UH1reUegPg0AV21wAAAA

One of my favorites from 2023.

Suspicion-1941.jpg

MEROSBZ_o.jpg

May Whitty, Joan Fontaine, Leonard Carey, Cedric Hardwicke

Suspicion-1941-036-Vernon-Downing-Lumsden-Hare-and-Joan-Fontain.jpg

Vernon Downing, Lumsden Hare and Joan Fontain

graphic.jpg

Telstar: The Joe Meek Story

"
The film tells the story of record producer Joe Meek, the songwriter-producer
behind the 1960s hits "Have I the Right?", "Just Like Eddie" and "Johnny Remember Me".
The film charts Meek's initial success with the multi-million-selling record "Telstar";
his homosexuality, which was illegal in the UK at the time; and his struggles with debt,
paranoia and depression, which culminated in the killing of his landlady Violet
Shenton and himself, on 3 February 1967."

Beware, My Lovely (1952)

A psychopath on the run takes a job as a handyman at the house of a lonely war widow. (IMDB)

MES4FIU_o.jpg

Beware-My-Lovely-1952-016-Taylor-Holmes-Corky-Ida-Lupino-and-Robert-Ryan.jpg

Taylor Holmes, Corky, Ida Lupino and Robert Ryan​

Beware-My-Lovely-1952-020-Ida-Lupino-and-Robert-Ryan.jpg

Ida Lupino and Robert Ryan​

Was rather interested in what that tool is. As near as I can figure, it was a weighted floor brush as used to polish floors before the days of the electric buffer.

"A piece of dry cloth, felt or carpet placed under the brush will give the finishing gloss..." for why it is wrapped up in some type of material.

Maybe someone has a better idea.

Arachnoquake-2012.jpg

Arachnoquake (2012)

Budget Syfy movie shot in two and a half weeks. Oh well, I'm a sucker for giant bug movies.

Arachnoquake-2012-029-Megan-Adelle-Tracey-Gold-Skyy-Moore-Tiara-Ashleigh-Grant-James-Lucky-J.jpg

Megan Adelle, Tracey Gold, Skyy Moore, Tiara Ashleigh, Grant James, Lucky Johnson

Le Samouraï (1967)

A masterpiece of neo-noir. As much as this is a police procedural it subverts expectations and stereotypes and keeps your attention and suspense the whole time. A cat and mouse caper where you are not sure who is who or why people do what they do. Very little dialogue but where the characters speak it is in hard-boiled poetic form and quite funny at times. Loved it!

s-l960.jpg

Latest posts

Back