what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OIP.Y1vrb5UH1reUegPg0AV21wAAAA

One of my favorites from 2023.
Watching this at the moment. Willem DeFoe is always great. Interesting film.

Hmm - now that I've watched it, I don't rate it much.

Last edited:
MESH6NE_o.jpg

Ace in the Hole (1951)

"A frustrated former big-city journalist now stuck working for an Albuquerque newspaper exploits a story
about a man trapped in a cave to rekindle his career, but the situation quickly escalates into an out-of-control circus
."

Ace-in-the-Hole-1951-028-Richard-Benedict.jpg

Richard Benedict

MESH6NK_o.jpg

L to R Lewis Martin, Ken Christy, Robert Arthur, Kirk Douglas, Bert Moorhouse, Ray Teal

MESH6NE_o.jpg

Ace in the Hole (1951)

"A frustrated former big-city journalist now stuck working for an Albuquerque newspaper exploits a story
about a man trapped in a cave to rekindle his career, but the situation quickly escalates into an out-of-control circus
."

Ace-in-the-Hole-1951-028-Richard-Benedict.jpg

Richard Benedict

MESH6NK_o.jpg

L to R Lewis Martin, Ken Christy, Robert Arthur, Kirk Douglas, Bert Moorhouse, Ray Teal
I watched that recently myself. The wiki entry says something like it has the biggest collection of cars ever on a movie set.

Sightseers-Poster-1.jpg

There is a certain amusement to the fact that pitifully dower places like a pencil museum exist in a place that William Wordsworth likened to God’s own garden, but it’s far funnier to inhabit that observation with the surrealist sight of a woman penning a murderous note with a three-foot pencil. Pairing relatability with this sort of madness and hysteric set pieces is why this is one of the greatest comedies, ever.

MESL78C_o.jpg

El chacal de Nahueltoro (1969)
aka
Jackal of Nahueltoro

"In 1960, José del Carmen Valenzuela Torres, from the small town of Nahueltoro in Chile,
brutally murdered Rosa Rivas Acuña and her five children. This classic film of the Latin
American cinema is based on testimonies provided by the murderer himself while he was
being prosecuted and the journalists who interviewed him before his sentence was executed."

MESL784_o.jpg

Shenda Román and Nelson Villagra

Jackal-of-Nahueltoro-1969-Chile-015-Nelson-Villagra.jpg

Nelson Villagra

Jackal-of-Nahueltoro-1969-Chile-027.jpg

the latest dune movie. it was both needlessly violent and the violence was inappropriately decorous.

Invisible-Man-The-1933.jpg

The Invisible Man (1933)

MESTISL_o.jpg

Claude Rains and Gloria Stuart

MESTD8C_o.jpg

Dwight Frye

Invisible-Man-The-1933-051-John-Carradine.jpg

John Carradine

Invisible-Man-The-1933-042-Walter-Brennan.jpg

Walter Brennan

Last edited:

Latest posts