what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the verdict, Sci? Yay or nay? Is it just a nostalgia trip or is it a good one?
Yay. It was funny and seeing Michael Keaton as Batman again was awesome. A lot of people complain about the CGI but apparently the way it was done was on purpose. It's a good story and Ezra playing off Ezra was like they were twins. It pulls a lot from the source material and for someone who has read the Flashpoint story arc it was fun to see parts used in the movie. It's too bad that James Gunn is dumping the DCEU. The Flash is a good movie and doesn't deserve some of the crap it has gotten. And the final scene, I was roaring, glad I avoided spoilers.

A001-Blonde-Ice-1948.jpg

Blonde Ice (1948)

MEN6AUU_o.jpg

Robert Paige, Walter Sande, Emory Parnell, Julie Gibson, Leslie Brooks

A003-Blonde-Ice-1948-028-Joe-Garcio.jpg

Joe Garcio has played 22 different bartenders in his career. I wonder if that is some kind of record.
Since he is often a background character, he does have more frequent roles such as being credited
as "townsman" over 60 times.

Deal with the Devil (2018)

Absolutely terrible budget horror.
Although I will admit, the plot twist and concept that comes near the end is comical.
But I had to stop and go back to it 3 times just to get to that part.
I don't mind budget films if they're well written, but the plot for this could've been done in a short film version instead and just saved a lot of filler.
Again, I will admit that the punchline is hilarious. It's just not worth waiting an hour to get to. Not if there's so much boring filler that I had to stop, put it down, and come back to it 3 times just to get to the punchline.

W001-War-Pony-2022.jpg

War Pony (2022) Don't tell Callie

The interlocking stories of two young Oglala Lakota
men growing up on the Pine Ridge Reservation. (IMDB)

W001-War-Pony-2022-006.jpg

Jojo Bapteise Whiting

MEN79RB_o.jpg

Jesse Schmockel

MEN79RS_o.jpg

LaDainian Crazy Thunder

Hell's Island 1955. Drama action thriller.

American Technicolor film noir directed by Phil Karlson starring John Payne and Mary Murphy. The film is told as a flashback with Payne narrating the story.The film was shot in the VistaVision wide-screen format. Hell's Island was re-released in 1962 under the title South Sea Fury.

John Payne made a number of Film Noirs including Larceny, The Crooked Way, Kansas City Confidential, 99 River Street, Hell's Island and The Boss.Film director Karlson directed 99 River Street, Kansas City Confidential and Hell's Island, all with actor John Payne, in the early 1950s.

hell's island 1995.jpg

Last edited:
When you watch these old movies, you realise how often the guys act creepy and are always trying to get the women, even steal them from other guys. The Prowler 1951 American film noir thriller film directed by Joseph Losey that stars Van Heflin and Evelyn Keyes. The film was produced by Sam Spiegel (as S.P. Eagle) and was written by Dalton Trumbo. Because Trumbo was blacklisted at the time, the screenplay was credited to his friend, screenwriter Hugo Butler, as a front.

The Prowler 1951.jpg

Last edited:
The Reckless Moment 1949 American film noir melodrama directed by Max Ophüls, produced by Walter Wanger, with Burnett Guffey as cinematographer. It starred Joan Bennett and James Mason, The film is based on The Blank Wall (1947), a novel written by Elisabeth Sanxay Holding.

Reckless Moment 1949.jpg

Last edited:
Dig Two Graves (2014)

More of a crime drama than a horror, but it was really well written.
The film does a good job of portraying how dirty cops cover up local secrets for decades.
It also does a good job of showing how infrastructure ages over the course of a lifetime but doesn't typically fall into total dilapidation, either.
The character development is great, which is more than what I can say for modern more heavily-CGI movies.
And honestly quite possibly has one of my favorite goodguy cops in it in a film ever because it shows him actually being an older family man who's just seen and been through too much stuff in his time.
Also, whose idea was it to name the 2 out of the 3 villains in the film John and Dee? 👀😂

Run Rabbit Run (2023)

Originally I watched this because the review site I read about it on said it was being compared to Hereditary (2018).
It's nothing like Hereditary (2018). But it IS creepy, I will give it that much.
If you need a story about possessed kids, and you're tired of every film version of The Turn Of The Screw there is, than this is a nice original piece.
Possessed kids are always creepy, in pretty much every formality.
It's definitely more slow-burn in pace, but I enjoyed it.

Run Rabbit Run (2023)

Originally I watched this because the review site I read about it on said it was being compared to Hereditary (2018).
It's nothing like Hereditary (2018). But it IS creepy, I will give it that much.
If you need a story about possessed kids, and you're tired of every film version of The Turn Of The Screw there is, than this is a nice original piece.
Possessed kids are always creepy, in pretty much every formality.
It's definitely more slow-burn in pace, but I enjoyed it.
I noted that film a couple pages ago and didn't give it much cred. Each to their own. Maybe it's my age, too much of the recent stuff disappoints me. For something different Nox, see if you can find the Aussie film "100 bloody acres". I'd recommend that one for you for sure.

MV5BZTg5MDkwNTAtOGVhYy00N2NiLWE5YTItODlkNzk2NTgyODliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4NjE0NjEy._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back