what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0312428871.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

252432_1652244240824_1678568165_1156524_4528657_n.jpg

One of my Christmas traditions:

My-Neighbour-Totoro-DVD-Cover.jpg

Having just watched "The Future", I certainly won't ever again.

Complete and utter self indulgent, pretentious, mumblecore horse-honeysuckle

:club:

Watched "Kill List" last night..... I'm not normally shocked by films, but this is gruesome; a truly horrible film.

kinzeUK said:
Having just watched "The Future", I certainly won't ever again.

Complete and utter self indulgent, pretentious, mumblecore horse-honeysuckle

"Tree Of Life" is the same :D

No joke, I actually watched "Kill List" yesterday myself too. I liked it but then again I'm a sick lil pup and love horror/gruesome subject matter. HOWEVER it must be said that as hardcore as I am, I was more than a little taken aback by at least one particular sequence in that film and I'm sure I don't even have to mention what that was...

Stop....hammer time

And I was wondering about "Tree Of Life" as I hear and see a lot of mixed reviews on it. The people who don't like it seem to say that it's self indulgent, pretentious, overly arty and what not. Hmmm. I may or may not give it a whirl someday...

kinzeUK said:
No joke, I actually watched "Kill List" yesterday myself too. I liked it but then again I'm a sick lil pup and love horror/gruesome subject matter. HOWEVER it must be said that as hardcore as I am, I was more than a little taken aback by at least one particular sequence in that film and I'm sure I don't even have to mention what that was...

Stop....hammer time

And I was wondering about "Tree Of Life" as I hear and see a lot of mixed reviews on it. The people who don't like it seem to say that it's self indulgent, pretentious, overly arty and what not. Hmmm. I may or may not give it a whirl someday...

Great minds my friend, I was thinking of the very same smilie about that scene :p It seemed to me just showing (his name escapes me, fat Rod from The Football Factory) his arm with the hammer would have been enough, not show the follow through.... fecksake.

I usually have no problem with horror films, as that's what they are; but for some weird reason this film disturbed me. Don't know why.

I lasted 20 minutes with Tree Of Life. Brad Pitt boy dies, then dinosaurs appear. Off.

Yeah thanks man@Reason and don't worry that **** film is MEANT to be disturbing. I'd be highly suspicious of anyone who wasn't even mildly disturbed by that movie. I thought the 3rd act was top notch especially the end, messed UP to say the least. And the main actor who plays Jay in that is Neil Maskell, good to see him getting a lead part, I like that guy.

I just watched a film called "Tyrannosaur" as it's the directorial debut of Paddy Considine a top British actor who I admire quite a bit. He wrote this too and it stars Peter Mullan (I think it's the guy from "Sessions 9" a low budget american horror that I quite liked) and Olivia Colman who plays Sophie in the quality Brit comedy "Peep Show". They were both fantastic in it, especially Colman (she has a few scenes that I dare you not to feel angry/shaken up/moved by). A very gritty and realistic British drama indeed and well worth your time:

2wc1n45.jpg

Oh and I had to smirk at your description of "Tree Of Life" - I might just have to watch that just to see how shite it is now :p

"I lasted 20 minutes with Tree Of Life. Brad Pitt boy dies, then dinosaurs appear. Off."

Bwawhawhaw

Taylormeister said:
The Midnight Meat Train (yes it's actually a real movie)

Seen that, it's based on the short story by Clive Barker in vol 1 of his "Books Of Blood" series. Good film that and Vinnie Jones was perfect. Has my boy Bradley Cooper an actor who I always liked even before I saw "The Hangover" and just look at him now, eh?

kinzeUK said:
Yeah thanks man@Reason and don't worry that **** film is MEANT to be disturbing. I'd be highly suspicious of anyone who wasn't even mildly disturbed by that movie. I thought the 3rd act was top notch especially the end, messed UP to say the least. And the main actor who plays Jay in that is Neil Maskell, good to see him getting a lead part, I like that guy.

I just watched a film called "Tyrannosaur" as it's the directorial debut of Paddy Considine a top British actor who I admire quite a bit. He wrote this too and it stars Peter Mullan (I think it's the guy from "Sessions 9" a low budget american horror that I quite liked) and Olivia Colman who plays Sophie in the quality Brit comedy "Peep Show". They were both fantastic in it, especially Colman (she has a few scenes that I dare you not to feel angry/shaken up/moved by). A very gritty and realistic British drama indeed and well worth your time:

2wc1n45.jpg

Oh and I had to smirk at your description of "Tree Of Life" - I might just have to watch that just to see how shite it is now :p

"I lasted 20 minutes with Tree Of Life. Brad Pitt boy dies, then dinosaurs appear. Off."

Bwawhawhaw

Neil Maskell, that's the fella. He's a good actor in fairness. Seems the usual The Bill/Grange Hill type actor, salt-of-the-earth cockerney :)

I'll give "Tyrannosaur" a spin mate.

annik said:

Any good? Certainly looks unusual! :D

The Truman Show for me. Not always a fan of Jim Carrey's gurning and strange antics, but he's strangely perfect in that film.

I think the short discussion between a "Godlike" character and his creation at the end is quite intriguing in particular.

I just watched a wonderful film called "Lovely, Still". It features two superb central performances by the acting legends that are Martin Landau and the always radiantly brilliant, Ellen Burstyn (the mother in "The Exorcist") I won't lie to you here. I shed a few man tears. Couldn't be helped:

2a7wrwk.jpg

Liam is awesome.

I recently watched another remake of Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carroll", the one with Jim Carrey as Scrooge. Was cool. :)

Latest posts

Back