what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2dm9pmv.jpg

Yukongirl said:
Paraiyar said:
Ghostbusters remake. Didn't laugh once.

Was it that bad?

I honestly thought it was dreadful. But it might have been okay if it had been marketed as a young children's film from the start. Although I can't really say that I agree with the people saying it was misandric because the male characters were stupid. Everyone in that movie was stupid and Kate McKinnon's character in particular felt really forced and cringy to me. Cameos from the old Ghostbusters are really pointless and I don't know why they had the actor who played Omar from The Wire in it when he didn't get to do anything of value. I kind of felt lobotomized by the end of it.

I think all the 'critics' saying it was good or okay probably had ulterior motives to be blunt.

Paraiyar said:
Yukongirl said:
Paraiyar said:

Was it that bad?

I honestly thought it was dreadful. But it might have been okay if it had been marketed as a young children's film from the start. Although I can't really say that I agree with the people saying it was misandric because the male characters were stupid. Everyone in that movie was stupid and Kate McKinnon's character in particular felt really forced and cringy to me. Cameos from the old Ghostbusters are really pointless and I don't know why they had the actor who played Omar from The Wire in it when he didn't get to do anything of value. I kind of felt lobotomized by the end of it.

I think all the 'critics' saying it was good or okay probably had ulterior motives to be blunt.

I was on the fence about seeing this, almost went this weekend. Glad I didn't bother now, haven't heard a lot of good things about it...

Yukongirl said:
Paraiyar said:
Yukongirl said:
Paraiyar said:

Was it that bad?

I was on the fence about seeing this, almost went this weekend. Glad I didn't bother now, haven't heard a lot of good things about it...

You might enjoy it more, some people seem to have. Plus I was probably a little soured on it based on Paul Feig and Sony's handling of the criticism of the trailers.

Yukongirl said:
Paraiyar said:
Yukongirl said:
Paraiyar said:

Was it that bad?

I prefer to form my own opinion on movies ...some of what people call classics ...MEH

BadGuy said:
Yukongirl said:
Paraiyar said:
Yukongirl said:
Paraiyar said:

Was it that bad?

I prefer to form my own opinion on movies ...some of what people call classics ...MEH

Well that's why I don't pay too much attention to critics....

So how was Life of Pets? That was on my list too....

It was funny ...lots of breed stereotypes ...probably should be a dog lover

Latest posts

Back