What's The Worst Job Out There That You Can Think Of?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hospice nurse. It's got its ups in that part of the job is (usually) to help grieving families deal with the impending death of a loved one, however it must also be a mental burden to know that the patients that you care for will most likely all die in your care. Families who haven't coped yet will blame you and direct their frustration toward you. You are the last person in health care that anyone ever wants to meet.

Any job that forces you to compromise your sense of ethics. At one point I worked for a small real estate firm. How it worked was that we would find homeowners in trouble, usually they were behind on mortgage payments. Often they were facing the threat of repossession. We would contact the property owner & offer to buy the place. Of course if the owner wanted to sell he usually wasn't asking too much for it--these were desperate people, after all. We'd buy him out, send in renovators to repaint, etc. & then sell the property for a big markup.

This was legal...but it was not moral. Thank God I didn't stay there too long. If you are in a job that you have ethical quibbles about & you stay there long enough, you will be eaten up inside.

MTrip said:
organicNYgirl said:
Working with children. Worst. Job. Ever.

Let me guess. You are/were a public school teacher, right? Yeah, teenagers are usually horrible creatures. :D

How I can relate. But not all of them though. There are some very interesting ones who, instead of you helping them, they help you to be a better person. :)

ladyforsaken said:
MTrip said:
organicNYgirl said:

Let me guess. You are/were a public school teacher, right? Yeah, teenagers are usually horrible creatures. :D

How I can relate. But not all of them though. There are some very interesting ones who, instead of you helping them, they help you to be a better person. :)

They do that by forcing you to develop patience & self-control, right?

You see why I've never become a parent...

MTrip said:
ladyforsaken said:
MTrip said:
organicNYgirl said:

They do that by forcing you to develop patience & self-control, right?

You see why I've never become a parent...

Haha... well yes in some cases. But in some cases, they open our eyes to their realities in life.. which can be quite heartbreaking at times.

Latest posts

Back