Where Do You See Yourself In 15 Years?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new apartment, two dogs, some minor mental disorders and possibly lesser or worse case of loneliness.

A average sized home in an average sized city. Probably Minnesota.

I'll be 30, have a good job, I'll be married and I'll have a small son or a small son and a small daughter.

That's it :p

If not in a mental hospital, then in someone else's house trying to pull it together (and failing).

At just this moment? I see myself, 15 years from now, I see myself cooking. And I see myself setting down a plate in front of my guy. I also see myself washing the pan I cooked in, and wanting to hit him with it.

Of course, I probably won't do it. I don't want to ruin my cookware.

Rocket boots...just let it involve rocket boots!

(Yeap think I'm avoiding this question)

Finally seeing the benefits of living a life below my means without accumulating any debt & enjoying early - but full - retirement benefits. (All of my life, I have gone by grandfather's depression era advice: if cant pay cash, you cant afford it.)

Hopefully I'll be done with graduate school and I'll have a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu by then. I don't see myself getting married or even having a support system when I get older, I can't even comprehend it.

Cupcake Dog said:
Hopefully I'll be done with graduate school and I'll have a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu by then. I don't see myself getting married or even having a support system when I get older, I can't even comprehend it.

I've skimmed some of your posts and I think that you are too hard on yourself; your sense of perfectionism works contrary to achieving your goals. Just like you learn by making mistakes and building on previous lessons, so it is in social understanding and all other goals in life. I see no reason why you cannot have whatever you seek.

lonelyfairy said:
Hopefully I have found my truelove. :/

Do you think that is what well make you happy?
You have to make yourself happy in this world. Finding your true love well of course enhance that happens. But happy people attract other happy people. Learn to make yourself happy :)

I think I well probably be in the same place I am in now. That's not such a bad place. Living alone is OK and gives freedom to do what I please when I please. I can say that to stay as I am is not such a bad thing. Most of the time.

Bluey said:
[align=justify]
lonelyfairy said:

You have to make yourself happy in this world. Finding your true love well of course enhance that happens. But happy people attract other happy people. Learn to make yourself happy :)

Yes, you're right about that...

But yeah, it would make me happier, I feel so alone now. :(

Maybe I'm just stupid, eh....

lonelyfairy said:
Bluey said:
[align=justify]
lonelyfairy said:

No your not stupid. just in need of some attention. That makes you human I guess :)

Bluey said:
lonelyfairy said:
Bluey said:
[align=justify]
lonelyfairy said:

No your not stupid. just in need of some attention. That makes you human I guess :)

Yes, every person needs some attention. If there is no one around, then feels like a walking ghost. :/ Like no one notices...

Thank you for telling me, that I'm not stupid. :>

I read some where Im not suppost to share the vision or what I want to do with other people.....
Bcuase itll take the power out of it...

Its true too..becuase not everyone will be supportive in what I want out of life and will judge me or say I camt..or who the hell do I think I AM..etc..etc.

If Im not strong minded or have alot of confidence....poeple will talk me out of it becuase they cant or chose not to.

I talk myself out of what I want or have self dought enough as it is...I dont need anyone else to add more fucken doughts , fears and CANT into it.

Yes...I do have goals . Plans or vision of where and wnat I would be doing a year from now...but Im not going share it...

however in step 5...of the 12 steps progrram..it instruct me to admit my worngs or things I wish not to have in my life anymore...cuase it takes the power out of my shortcomings....

In 15 years, I would like to have a Masters in Electrical Engineering and a MBA; a double master much like my father had. I would also like to have a CCIE, which is a professional/technology certiification for my career that is essentially another graduate degree and with that I should be making over six digits.

This should not be a 15 year plan, though, but a three year plan.

Standing in front of a mirror thinking "How'd I get so **** old? Is that a new wrinkle???" :p I'll probably still be living here in the same apartment, or at least using it as a home-base of sorts. I'll hopefully have acquired some new hobbies and life experiences. Beyond that, I'm really not sure.

Latest posts

Back