Do you prefer people or animals?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
A lot of the time I do genuinely prefer animals over people.

I keep Cats and their love is unconditional. They don't judge me, go cool on me for no reason and they don't lie.

They're consistent, always happy to see me and they won't betray me the way humans have done.

That's my case put forward.

Hmmm I'm a bit of a talker & love conversation, so I guess people.

However I do love doggies! I think if I had a puppy I wouldn't even bother talking to the majority of people I talk to...haha, how bad does that sound!?! But it is true.

I don't know how you can like cats, they scare me! And they are stealthy & sneaky. Ick ick! Not my cup of tea personally. Dogs = much better loyal companions :)

It depends on the person :p

I'd prefer to be around animals than some people. People who disregard others and act on selfish impulses can be HORRIBLE.

People.

Animals aren't bad to have around. I have a dog that I enjoy being around, but in the end I just dont connect to them in any meaningful way. Pets are only used for human advantage in my opinion, and they come nowhere close to replacing human contact.

And I must say I've been betrayed by cats plenty of times. One moment you think your on their good side then the next day they smack a paw into your face like a homicidal lunatic....no...I dont trust cats.

"And I must say I've been betrayed by cats plenty of times. One moment you think your on their good side then the next day they smack a paw into your face like a homicidal lunatic....no...I dont trust cats."

Oh for goodness sake. What an immature attitude.

SophiaGrace said:
It depends on the person :p

I'd prefer to be around animals than some people. People who disregard others and act on selfish impulses can be HORRIBLE.

Excuse me, but why am I on your 'ignore list'? To my knowledge I've been nothing but pleasant and open with you.

I've always liked animals more than people, my best friends have always been animals not people:p

I'll talk to them, sometimes they'll say something back as a bark or meow other times they'll just tilt their heads sideways and wonder what the hell I'm talking about, either way it makes me smile:p

Forget cats. Dogs rule! No other connection can match what there is between a man and a dog. It's like written code in both man and dog DNA that they must unite into an unstoppable force! Seriously...where else in the animal kingdom can you see the closeness between these two species? It's hard to find. (And let's avoid junior-high-esque beastiality jokes, yeah? :p)

Have you ever heard of a cat attacking a bear (or cougar, or bobcat, or other aggressive animal at least thrice the pet's size) to save it's owner? Have you ever heard of cats serving side-by-side with humans in a police force? Have you ever heard of cats saving starving kids lost in the woods?

Nope. Lol I'm not saying that cats suck or are bad pets...but IMHO there just seems to be a deeper bond possible between a human and a dog. I wish that half of my human acquaintances were as loyal as a dog. A dog would never hesitate to throw itself into the worst sort of danger to sacrifice itself for its owner...and that is impressive and awe-inspiring.

OK, rant over. But if given a choice between animals or humans, I'd choose humans. Animals are nice, helpful, and loving...but in my opinion their lives aren't as sacred as a human's.

Haha alright, let the hating begin, cat-lovers.

I loveeee kitties! =D

But, I still like human contact. As much as I'd like to make myself think I don't need people... I do.

I'd pick people most definantly. I like animals but they just don't fill the void if theres no people around. I miss animals when they are gone, like thier personality. lol I just can't talk to an animal, they lick thier butt then try to lick ur face its gross... and i don't like cleaning up poop/pee/barf lol its almost like they are silently laughing at you when ur scrubbing the floor gagging.

Badjedidude said:
Forget cats. Dogs rule! No other connection can match what there is between a man and a dog. It's like written code in both man and dog DNA that they must unite into an unstoppable force! Seriously...where else in the animal kingdom can you see the closeness between these two species? It's hard to find. (And let's avoid junior-high-esque beastiality jokes, yeah? :p)

Have you ever heard of a cat attacking a bear (or cougar, or bobcat, or other aggressive animal at least thrice the pet's size) to save it's owner? Have you ever heard of cats serving side-by-side with humans in a police force? Have you ever heard of cats saving starving kids lost in the woods?

Nope. Lol I'm not saying that cats suck or are bad pets...but IMHO there just seems to be a deeper bond possible between a human and a dog. I wish that half of my human acquaintances were as loyal as a dog. A dog would never hesitate to throw itself into the worst sort of danger to sacrifice itself for its owner...and that is impressive and awe-inspiring.

Ace!! And so true! I'm so going to remember this, I'm always arguing with a house mate about cats vs dogs and I usually put together a pretty good argument but blimey, this is going to totally make him shut up forever about silly kitties. Thanks :)

kelbo said:
Badjedidude said:

Ace!! And so true! I'm so going to remember this, I'm always arguing with a house mate about cats vs dogs and I usually put together a pretty good argument but blimey, this is going to totally make him shut up forever about silly kitties. Thanks :)

Ooh I'm afraid I strongly disagree. Cats are independant creatures. You can't make them do anything they don't want to do. You can train a dog to do pretty much anything you want it to, but no such thing can be said of a cat.

They can be EQUALLY if not MORE loyal than dogs, and nobody knows that better than me as I've been brought up with cats.

I will add, I love all animals including dogs.

well i'd say animals.

i've always cried over a death of a pet & would feel such deep sympathies for a dead animal/barely alive i saw in the street.

when my granfather died i only cried once; at his funeral.

when i realised my pet was dying i cried like everyday till it happened. then buried it. in the garden. with a shovel. :|

but yeah; i feel more comfortable with animal company than humans; but some animals do scare/freak me out like insects & omfg bees i freak and run when i see those & wasps OMG.

i don't like holding snakes; or ferrets; they pee on you and smell like pee i don't like that.

some animals have a frightening presence like in a pet store; you see they are not sold for a reason. o__o

i've always grown up with cats; i have one that loves literally sitting on my face when i sleep and i'm like omfg get off i can't breathe but it's so cute. <3

Badjedidude said:

Once when I was walking around outside the house, I practically stepped on a poisonous snake. My cat, Mara Jade, immediately jumped in between me and the snake and started attacking it, drawing its attention away from me. So cats can be pretty awesome too. My dogs won't go anywhere near a snake unless it's dead.

The bond between human and dog is based on a pack mentality. In other words, dogs are just as needy for companionship as people are. But cats are going against instinct when they bond with humans. As a fellow loner, I respect that. :)

I need both people and animals in my life. But although I like living alone (no boyfriend or roommate), I couldn't imagine living without a pet or two in my home.

Please people. This isn't a Cat Vs Dogs thread. Steve you started it damnit lol :p

Latest posts

Back