Do you prefer people or animals?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coricopat said:
The bond between human and dog is based on a pack mentality. In other words, dogs are just as needy for companionship as people are. But cats are going against instinct when they bond with humans. As a fellow loner, I respect that. :)

I need both people and animals in my life. But although I like living alone (no boyfriend or roommate), I couldn't imagine living without a pet or two in my home.

Well cats are just as needy for companionship as dogs are. Keep in mind that unless you have a strictly outdoors cat (that hunts for it's own food for that matter) it's still completely reliant on people for food water and care.

Dogs may be pack animals, but that does not mean they'll automatically respect or love you. There are more than enough dogs out there that completely disregard their owners commands to prove that point as well, not to mention shows like Dog Whisperer.

I'm not suggesting one is better than the other, it's a kind of silly argument anyway. Some people are better with dogs, some with cats. Give a cat person a dog and it won't end well and vise versa.

On the topic at hand. First instinct is to say animals, but honestly as others have mentioned people fill a void that animals just can't. The only answer I really can give is both are equally important to me.

It's hard to say. I grew up with both cats and dogs (also fish, reptiles, amphibians, and now arachnids). I love the company of animals, but I like human interaction too, since my interaction with animals is more limited. Dogs may have more of a pack mentality, but I find cats to be amazing creatures. They're just two different kinds of animals, with different services that they offer to humans.

Badjedidude said:
Have you ever heard of a cat attacking a bear (or cougar, or bobcat, or other aggressive animal at least thrice the pet's size) to save it's owner? Have you ever heard of cats serving side-by-side with humans in a police force? Have you ever heard of cats saving starving kids lost in the woods?

Nope.

I've heard of cats meowing at an owner's door to wake him up in a fire when the cat had a means of escape, so it wasn't mere self-interest.

Shove it, dog-lover.

:p

Badjedidude said:
Forget cats. Dogs rule! No other connection can match what there is between a man and a dog. It's like written code in both man and dog DNA that they must unite into an unstoppable force! Seriously...where else in the animal kingdom can you see the closeness between these two species? It's hard to find. (And let's avoid junior-high-esque beastiality jokes, yeah? :p)

Have you ever heard of a cat attacking a bear (or cougar, or bobcat, or other aggressive animal at least thrice the pet's size) to save it's owner? Have you ever heard of cats serving side-by-side with humans in a police force? Have you ever heard of cats saving starving kids lost in the woods?

Nope. Lol I'm not saying that cats suck or are bad pets...but IMHO there just seems to be a deeper bond possible between a human and a dog. I wish that half of my human acquaintances were as loyal as a dog. A dog would never hesitate to throw itself into the worst sort of danger to sacrifice itself for its owner...and that is impressive and awe-inspiring.

OK, rant over. But if given a choice between animals or humans, I'd choose humans. Animals are nice, helpful, and loving...but in my opinion their lives aren't as sacred as a human's.

Haha alright, let the hating begin, cat-lovers.

Show me a dog that's quiet, doesn't slobber everywhere, doesn't stink, doesn't have to jump around like a maniac every time it sees you or another dog, and doesn't need to be taken out every time it craps. I'll consider it. I don't care how loyal you are, I don't want scoop your poop while it's piping hot. I want a pet, not a buddy/soulmate. Dogs=high maintenance. Cats=mellow. Me=too lazy for either :D

the cat from the 'footrot flats' comics, Horse.. n Garfield.

nothing stinks like a wet dog. not to mention most have a habit of rolling around in whatever stinky filth catches their eye. anything to further their stink. i saw a dog carrying a can of 'stinky plus' anti-deoderant once.

Awesome pic! haha

Anyways, wether I like people or animals more, I can't answer, it depends on the person...

...and the animal too, actually.

yes,

i can't wait till i'm stranded in the wilderness and they send out the "rescue cats" to save me!

LOL :rolleyes2:

Just_Some_Dude said:
yes,

i can't wait till i'm stranded in the wilderness and they send out the "rescue cats" to save me!

hehe.. maybe so-called dog people see animals as -- 'what can they do for ME'.

sure if you've got a broken leg after barely surviving an avalanche in the French alps, no siamese is coming with a little barrel of port to keep you warm.

that's what's so cool about cats.. they'll leave you do die.. bless em' :p

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
Just_Some_Dude said:
yes,

hehe.. maybe so-called dog people see animals as -- 'what can they do for ME'.

sure if you've got a broken leg after barely surviving an avalanche in the French alps, no siamese is coming with a little barrel of port to keep you warm.

that's what's so cool about cats.. they'll leave you do die.. bless em' :p

you know what you would call someone who would brave the wilderness to come save you?

a friend! :club:

I appreciate that dogs are able serve us. But really, I don't prefer dogs just because they are subservient to humans and cats aren't. Cats just do their own thing, like 99.9999999% of all other species do.

Plus, I'm sure that the majority of us wouldn't do jack squat for humans if we were animals :p Look at animals who help people, like dogs and dolphins. What do they get in return?......... not a goddamn thing :(

Latest posts

Back