Does it devalue a woman in a mans eye...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigma said:
I think the notion that you must do x but not y because you're a certain gender is ridiculous and outdated.
Probably the only men that might react negatively to a woman's advances are the really old fashioned types or the slick ********* types that are so full of themselves they'd actually consider it "hunting"

You win the thread.

No - some men totally miss all of the signals - when i was high school & college, i remember my mother telling me that several women were interested in me and i would say no way.

Personally, i am completely oblivious to the signals because i have always had the dream of becoming friends first, best friends second, and finally both waking up one day and realizing we could never live a life apart from one another and being deeply in love.

Yeah, i know that is really corny, but i still dream it would happen that way.

Dissident said:
Sigma said:
I think the notion that you must do x but not y because you're a certain gender is ridiculous and outdated.
Probably the only men that might react negatively to a woman's advances are the really old fashioned types or the slick ********* types that are so full of themselves they'd actually consider it "hunting"

You win the thread.

Yeah. Well said.
+1

Sigma said:

When I'm interested in someone I give them a fake pair of antlers to wear and a 5 minute head start.

I agree more or less with what Sigma says but looking at it in a wider context, as I alluded to earlier, there can be a joy in not knowing straight off the bat if a woman likes you. There is a joy and excitement in not knowing, that short period of discovery. The high of seeing a sign that she does. Those moments where you might go home at night thinking she does, the excitement that can bring. The anticipation of where the next step might go. It could be good, it could be bad. And I hate the bad like any other man - and I'm familiar with it. But just like when I was younger, I still get an excitement from those moments where you finally realise she is interested.

I've sort of chased every guy I've ever been with (chase = make my interest known). Gee...guess that isn't working out so well for me considering I'm single. lol

Assuming it was sincere, no. "Devalue" is mildly offensive, as if men were only capable of thinking of women as prizes.

Naleena said:
painter said:

What about the whole "men are hunters" thing and that if they are interested they will let you know? Does it take away from a guys interest when a girl is upfront?

Men may be hunters, but if the deer walks up to the deer stand, you don't shoo it away. :D

EveWasFramed said:
I've sort of chased off every guy I've ever been with because I have a big stick and not afraid to use it. Gee ... I guess it isn't working out so well for me considering I'm single because men cant handle a woman with a big stick. lol

^^^FIFY:p

:club::club::club:

FIFY=Fixed It For You

rdor said:
Assuming it was sincere, no. "Devalue" is mildly offensive, as if men were only capable of thinking of women as prizes.

Please forgive me if my words were offensive to you. I do not think men that shallow. On the contrary, many of them are quite extraordinary and intelliegent.

Naleena said:
On the contrary, many of them are quite extraordinary, witty, handsome, kind, thoughtful, modest, strong, nice-smelling, imaginative and intelliegent.

Is someone talking about me?

EveWasFramed said:
I've sort of chased every guy I've ever been with (chase = make my interest known). Gee...guess that isn't working out so well for me considering I'm single. lol

Overly Attached Girlfriend? :p

*Sammy* said:
From personal experience i have found men don't necessarily devalue a woman if she makes it known she likes him but if your clingy they sure don't like it xD

As long as it doesn't go this far it should be fine ^^

45e0fbdf94ea87fe1d2faad0e4080cc9

Latest posts

Back