How do you view tattoos and piercings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have nothing more to add to that, I just don't want to go there.

I've seen some interesting tattoo's over the years. A friend of mine used to send me images of some. There was one where a lady had some birds tattooed...uh...in a nestful place if you know what I mean. One dude had an elephant tattoo...3 dimensional if you know what I mean with that one too.

haha, I've seen a tulip garden in a downward place. If I was a dude, I don't think I would want to get something on that body part. Ouch!

LOL

Hey that's not as bad as the one I was sent where a dude had it all pierced. My friend used to love to freak and gross me out sending me shizzle like that.

lol tulip garden

Sci-Fi said:
LOL

Hey that's not as bad as the one I was sent where a dude had it all pierced. My friend used to love to freak and gross me out sending me shizzle like that.

lol tulip garden

*barf*, what's worse is seeing one in person. Made me cringe.

O.O

I wouldn't want to see one in person. Well, I wouldn't want to see another guys in person period. Not my kind of fun.

I like them. I had 10-12 piercings in my ears, and I used them all at one point. And I wanted to get more elsewhere, but I never did. I don't think I'm going to either. It's just something I wanted when I was younger. I do want a cherry blossom tattoo on my foot/ankle though. I might still try and go for that.

It's their body. No real opinion of it. I guess I don't really notice those things much and if I do, I just wonder what it says or what the picture is of.

VanillaCreme said:
I like them. I had 10-12 piercings in my ears, and I used them all at one point. And I wanted to get more elsewhere, but I never did. I don't think I'm going to either. It's just something I wanted when I was younger. I do want a cherry blossom tattoo on my foot/ankle though. I might still try and go for that.

If you do come on down and I'll take you to my tattoo place.

Total, Sci. 5 in my left ear and 7 in my other. My very two top holes closed because I had them done during school and had to take them out for gym. However, most of them have closed up now, and I only have one cartilage open in my right ear, and of course my original first holes I've had since I was 9 months.

And Hoffy, I'll be sure to go if I ever get the chance. I need a reliable spot.

Hoffy said:
Just as the title says, how do you view people with tattoos and/or piercings?

My general impression of people with more than just a few tattoos/piercings is that they are an attention whore, or just people who can't make very good decisions. I think these things are meant to symbolize "toughness" and "rebelliousness" which are things I don't find attractive. If you feel a need to prove to others who and what you are, then you probably care too much about what others think. That's what I say. I could be wrong. That's just how I feel about it. I have friends and family who have a few tattoos, nothing gaudy though. I wouldn't mind dating somebody with tattoos or piercings if my pre-judging turned out to be wrong.

My general air is that of it's a turnoff. I generally can't be attracted to a girl with tats, or multiple piercings.

FreedomFromLiberty said:
My general impression of people with more than just a few tattoos/piercings is that they are an attention whore, or just people who can't make very good decisions. I think these things are meant to symbolize "toughness" and "rebelliousness" which are things I don't find attractive. If you feel a need to prove to others who and what you are, then you probably care too much about what others think. That's what I say. I could be wrong. That's just how I feel about it. I have friends and family who have a few tattoos, nothing gaudy though. I wouldn't mind dating somebody with tattoos or piercings if my pre-judging turned out to be wrong.

I have a similar idea regarding it. Its like, advertising their beliefs since they desperately want others to know them. I really want to dress Goth, but I could never be arsed. I don't care enough about what people think or dressing up to impress others, since the only person I'd be doing it for would be me - in which case I might as well just do it and take photos, and look at those photos.

Well, I got all my piercings because I wanted them. Some were planned, and a few were at the spur of the moment. I never cared for attention from them, nor was I a rebel in any way, and I don't know how anyone would really know me from a few holes in my ears.

Hoffy said:
Just as the title says, how do you view people with tattoos and/or piercings?

It is really nothing to me, i just hope that someday when i notice something on the side of a person nose my first thought isn't going to be "oh a booger on their nose", until i get up closer.

Or worse yet if they sneeze and have one hanging off the fastener inside. All you see is it flapping when they breath praying it doesn't shoot out on you.

I see these beautiful young women, who go out and wear a formal sleeveless, backless dress and have tattoos that cover all the skin that is showing, and wonder WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?! My niece has quite a few piercings--the one right under her lip looks awful. Her boyfriend hates it, but she won't listen to him, even though she dictates his every move!

Sci-Fi said:
Or worse yet if they sneeze and have one hanging off the fastener inside. All you see is it flapping when they breath praying it doesn't shoot out on you.

Whyyyyy... The mental image... No, no, no.

All the tattoos I have represent something or someone special to me. I only have my ears, nose, and tongue pierced.

If people want to get tattoos and piercings then that is fine by me. That said, I find piercings anywhere besides the ears unattractive and indicative of an attention whore.

Latest posts

Back